Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2006, 20:40   #16
BHPian

I'm just wondering if you take the LPG/CNG factor out, does Xeta still score over a WagonR?

@ mail4ajo: I share your sentiments exactly. I only looked at the Xeta seriously after almost everyone i talked to (auto jornalists, mechanics, owners) said the Indica CNG is a better option.
Old 30th August 2006, 01:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar79
@ mail4ajo: I share your sentiments exactly. I only looked at the Xeta seriously after almost everyone i talked to (auto jornalists, mechanics, owners) said the Indica CNG is a better option.
I did a lot of brain racking and researching when I made my buying decision. I spoke to about 25 odd people who own Alto and Indica. I still have the comparision sheets I made. I spent about 2-3 weeks on the net, especially Tbhp to read reviews and owner feedback on the cars. JD power survey 2005 sealed my decision. Read it to know the exact picture.
4200 car owners can't be wrong..........
Old 30th August 2006, 07:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm just wondering if you take the LPG/CNG factor out, does Xeta still score over a WagonR?
In terms of interior space and comfort, Yes.
Everything else, its the Suzuki.
Old 31st August 2006, 03:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

you live in new delhi right? first of all see which fuel is available at ease. then the cars come in. wagon r scores on reliability, service backup, good resale value. comparatively xeta is new in resale market..so nothing can be said right now. petrol indicas are almost non-existent (pre Xeta models). reliability issues always crop up in tata cars (especially electricals). so buying a xeta will be a gamble and a wagon r should be a safe bet.
Old 31st August 2006, 04:02   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb
petrol indicas are almost non-existent.
Ya dude, that's what's worrying me.

I've yet to come across a Xeta on Delhi roads. They're ALL diesel.

And now even the WagonR Duo looks like a flop. Hardly a handful on the roads
Old 31st August 2006, 09:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And now even the WagonR Duo looks like a flop. Hardly a handful on the roads
Dude thats because DUO had long waiting periods initially.

Whaterver new model wagonRs i see on road, they are all DUOs.
Old 31st August 2006, 09:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Well, each has got it Pros and Cons and you have to decide what is higher in your priority list. You want spacious, solid body, good ride and handling, cheaper(cost wise, I think xeta is little bit cheaper than Wagon R) but can live with some niggling issues(specially minor) or you want more refinement and peace of mind. Because apart from more proven track record of Wagon R and better refined engine and I don't see Wagon R scoring anywhere higher than Xeta, specially when you consider the price that you pay fort it.
Quote:
I did a lot of brain racking and researching when I made my buying decision. I spoke to about 25 odd people who own Alto and Indica. I still have the comparision sheets I made. I spent about 2-3 weeks on the net, especially Tbhp to read reviews and owner feedback on the cars. JD power survey 2005 sealed my decision. Read it to know the exact picture.
4200 car owners can't be wrong..........
If we just go by the above logic, everybody would be driving Maruti only. So you prepare you priority list and decide, because even 15000 people buy Tata cars every month can also not be wrong.
Old 12th October 2006, 13:42   #23

well i have xeta...
driving experience is 2 cool....
moreover spacious than Wagon R
i had zen earlier but i can't deny the fact that maruti is not providing good service now a days...
anyway i don't wish to prove something is better than other just by showing its fault..
but on my side i would always prefer Xeta over Wagon R or Alto
Old 18th October 2006, 13:11   #24

I got a Xeta w/CNG. The engine is missing and then some, more in CNG mode, less in Petrol. Been to the workshop 5 times (in fact it's there now for the same problem). No definitive solution in sight. Wonder if I got a lemon, or are there others with similar probs ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks