Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2006, 23:42   #31
BHPian

Nikki,
you are pretty much excited about the prospect of a new car right now and its pretty much understandable.But if there is something that you dont like about the car,it might just keep playing on your mind once the initial excitement wears off.Chances are that you will change your driving style to suit the car's character or might just get fed up of the car since its performance is not to your liking.Think hard before you take a plunge buddy.
Even I prefer low end torque to horsepower.I like a car which pulls well even at 2000 rpm.And even I found Swift sluggish as it does'nt suit my driving style.I own a Palio S10 which suits my needs perfectly as I dont drive much and its a brilliant car.But I enjoy a Palio diesel more,atleast at city speeds,since it has good low end punch.
So,just for the sake of it,take a TD of a Palio diesel,its good value.Alternatively,try the Indica turbo.Good luck mate

PS- you mentioned ride quality somewhere,FIATs will nuke any other car in that respect

Last edited by roms : 29th August 2006 at 23:44.
Old 30th August 2006, 10:58   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms
PS- you mentioned ride quality somewhere,FIATs will nuke any other car in that respect
I would quite beg to differ, but each to his own.
Old 30th August 2006, 12:09   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108
I would quite beg to differ, but each to his own.
Alright my bad,should have mentioned that the 1.2,Petra and Adventure have class leading ride quality.The 1.6 Sport is the only exception due to its stiffer suspension and low profile rubber.Ride quality is something FIAT can brag about.But I agree,to each his own.
Old 30th August 2006, 18:43   #34
BHPian

hi guys

jathinrao, damn!! blue in zxi isn't readily available with any of the Maruti dealers here!!! Alternate??!!

roms, well...you are right in terms of my primary requirements on a car!! Unfortunately, Swift is way backward in that matter!! FIAT-s are are big NO NO -s in my mind as thier services in Kochi is still an issue!! None of the TATA dealers are attending it properly!!
Indica Turbo is infact a good choice. But what bout its upgradation with dicor engines??!! As per the reports, that may happen anytime after the end of this year!!! Also, besides the movability factor, usage expence and resale values are top ranking criterias in my book!! So now I've decided to settle on either a SWIFT ZXi or a WAGON R DUO LXi !!!
What say?!!

Thanks for your responces
Nikhil.
Old 30th August 2006, 21:38   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike
jathinrao, damn!! blue in zxi isn't readily available with any of the Maruti dealers here!!! Alternate??!!

roms, well...you are right in terms of my primary requirements on a car!! Unfortunately, Swift is way backward in that matter!! FIAT-s are are big NO NO -s in my mind as thier services in Kochi is still an issue!! None of the TATA dealers are attending it properly!!

Thanks for your responces
Nikhil.

But i heard tht RF motors in kochi services Fiat cars & they are much better thn most other car dealers.
Old 30th August 2006, 22:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

go for the silver colour...silver looks good wid 16" and dark tints....dont go for black since scratches can be seen easily.

I KNOW U CANT SEE THE SCRATCHES IN THIS PIC..BUT TRUST ME U CAN WHEN U STAND NEAR IT...THE cars a month old by the way.
but check this one

NOW DECIDE..LET ME KNOW IF U WANT SOME MORE ANGLES.

Old 30th August 2006, 22:28   #37
BHPian

hi guys....

jathinrao, YES!! Silver is available in ZXi and wud be fixing it. Other than this, RED and black is also available.

hari rama, well... there are mixed reactions reg RF's service on FIAT cars!! Few guys got it serviced properly and others had same problems as of TVS!!! Oh yes... amoung the lot...RF is the best!!! Atleast they have some experienced boys there!!

Thanks guys

Nikhil.
Old 31st August 2006, 13:03   #38
BHPian

hi dhanlalan,

hi dude... thanks for that close pics!! Am not able to see any scratches in the black one but I understand what you say as my bro's black ikon has the same problem!!
Silver yes... it looks cool!!! but...cud you please tell me more bout the usage of 16" wheels on a swift??! Howz the fit??!! And what bout the tyre size??!! Guess it be a very low profile one??!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Nikhil.
Old 31st August 2006, 13:47   #39
Senior - BHPian

Your use of 16" wheels on the ZXI would void the warranty. The ZXI anyway has a very decent set of alloy wheels and tires. Because the Swift ZXI is a complicated car (ABS, EBD, Airbags, EPS, AutoAC, etc.) I would strongly suggest extended warranty for Rs 7.5k more for 2 more years as offered by Maruti.
Old 31st August 2006, 17:39   #40
BHPian

hi sandeep,

Well.... thanks for that information!!! Does the change in size of tyres make serious troubles to the ABS and EBD??!!! Am unaware of this technology in basic so wud be helpfull if you enlighten me on that!!

thanks in advance!!
Old 31st August 2006, 18:22   #41
BHPian

Hey guys... K&N Fil on Swift ZXi

Guys please comment on retrofitting K&N filter to enhance power of the sluggish swifts!!! Guys who have already installed it may shed light on this area to confirm whether that will improve power (I mean..reduce sluggishness) or not?!!

Thanks in advance!
Old 1st September 2006, 10:24   #42
Senior - BHPian

Please search the forums - tons of posts on tyres/alloys/k&n/other mods.
Old 1st September 2006, 10:28   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike
Guys please comment on retrofitting K&N filter to enhance power of the sluggish swifts!!! Guys who have already installed it may shed light on this area to confirm whether that will improve power (I mean..reduce sluggishness) or not?!!

Thanks in advance!
Hey nikki, I think you are getting too much into sluggishness. Its certainly not that sluggish at all. I believe that you should try another swift and take it to long drive. You will be amazed by its overall performance. Also whenever you drive swift you need to be carefull about gear shift at about right speeds. If you keep vehicle in 3 rd gear at below 30 you will feel its sluggish (reason is low torque in higher gears). YOu need to immediatly put into second and see the effect. So change your driving stly a bit to suit to swift and you will see no sluggishness in it. So dont worry .. go for long drive and carefully examine its behavior and then post you experiance too.
Old 1st September 2006, 11:40   #44
BHPian

swift zxi

A swift is way better than indica the performance you felt not much better than indica is due to higher torque of indica at lower rpm , the best way to check performance is take the car to the rev limit at every gerar this will give better idea.
The gearshift of the swift is superb with sporty lever and short throws best for enthusiastic driving .a refined high revving engine petrol power band.

go for vxi as you will not regret for not buying a bigger car for a couple of thousands more fitting an lpg kit is good way good than some people think bu the shortage in boot is regreted.
as for the colour red black and silver are the best
Old 1st September 2006, 16:09   #45
BHPian

hi guys

sandeep, yeah dude...I just browsed the other sections to see more bout K&N fil on Swift!! Thanks for that info!!

Ajay_J, yeah dude.. I just can't digest its "moving ability" as of a petrol car!!! I use NHC, 1.6Ikon, Lancer LX(d) and Indica DLE regularly as I have these cars in my family.... The worst one I have encountered so far is Indica and I don't want to make any more mistakes and regret it later!! Swift was in my favorite list till I test drove the car!! This is the reason why am asking bout countering its sluggishness in some other way so that I can own a car I love!!

jasmeetsingh, I drove the demo cars in all ways possible!!! And yes, I love its performance once the tacho jumps 2.5-3K rpm! Its an amazing car in all other respects. Amazing drive comfort, a premium drive feel etc etc... sticks me to finalise on a SWIFT ZXi!!

Anyways..thanks guys...
Nikhil.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks