Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2006, 23:15   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Palio D is great choice, 1.9 engine delivers loads of torque and power and an excellent mileage of 13 - 15 Kmpl in City Driving + all the features of Palio (Build Quality, Safety, Space, Ride Comfort and Looks!).
Agree with Finney completely here.The only issue is that Palio D is not available with Tata-Fiat dealers.They are bound to service all FIAT cars though.
Nikki,there is no perfect package out there.If you have good service with Maruti,you have a FIAT car that suits your needs better.
If you still buy the Swift,well it wont be a blunder since its a good car anyways and its a good overall package.But at the same time,you should atleast test drive the FIAT Palio(Palio D in particular),just for the sake of it.So that you give yourself a chance to make up your mind properly.make the purchase decision only when your heart and mind are in perfect sync with each other.Good luck

Last edited by roms : 2nd September 2006 at 23:33.
Old 3rd September 2006, 00:35   #62
BHPian

hi guys..

GTO, I completely agree with you on your comments reg Swifts Power!! Thanks for joining the chat!!!

finneyp, Well...what you said is absolutely something supposed to have in a TATA service center for FIATS!! FIAT technicians are wanted only when something specific happens to the FIAT technology of a car!! Otherwise, i don't think all FIAT cars at TATA will be attanded by exclusive technicians everytime...coz the regular service activites can be done even by a TATA man smartly!!! Anyways.... am NOWAY against FIAT's as a product!! Buts as the service is very important...how can we choose a floating one when you have all solid facilities available from others?!!!!

roms, thanks for that advise.... I have already madeup my mind to check, test and evaluate FIAT's before putting the final documents!!!

Thanks a ton guys....
cheeers
Old 4th September 2006, 10:48   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude
well I bought VXI with ABS for 4.92 wheras zxi is for 5.3 something so its 40k diff....
You also need to factor in alloys/tyres for correct price comparison. Then see how much price difference remains...
Old 4th September 2006, 15:13   #64
BHPian

hi guys!

sandeep, YES.. alloys, climate control, rear wiper and defogger, seat height adjustments etc are too good and worth for that extra 40K if you really need it!!
Old 4th September 2006, 15:39   #65
Senior - BHPian

I feel and as also GTO said, Swift feels like quite a solid car and one that will last me for 5-6 years. 40k difference spread over that time span is well worth it to me. I remember ACI had commented that climate control alone is worth 20k and I sort of scoffed, saying who needs climate control at that price, but after using it, one of the criteria for my next car was that! I guess if one has driver, then he can do the adjustments all the time and no 'seth' is going to pay for airbags for driver...so then VXI is ok.
Old 4th September 2006, 17:43   #66
BANNED

Converting to LPG will spoil MPFI that's said by maruthi's guys itself.

Colour I think Black or silver is gr8. as red fades as it goes...

I agree swift has it's share of cons but Indica is no where close to swift.

Cheers
Alex
Old 4th September 2006, 19:03   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Well... v-tec'a are to be used the 'right' way by the user... otherwise its damn foolishness to have that car for your regular / sporty usages. But A Palio 1.6 on the otherside is a car suitable for amatuer driving enthusiasts... where all his commands will be properly obeyed by the car and make 'em happy all the time!!! here...
nikki i am not sure what do you want to say over here.

1. "right" way, all i would like to say over here is not everyone buying A POWERFUL, vehicle is a wannabe "boy racer' or would use it for that purpose alone. i cruise in city traffic at 40 or even 35 at fifth gear in vtec. overtaking does not require lots of planning and calculations,
2. whatever makes you think palio 1.6 is suitable for amature driving enthusiasts, i would agree on the enthusiast part, but ride quality, safety, and at ths price its an abolute steal and anybody going for a small hatch would do well to have a look at it.

nikki their aRE many people with variying requirements and aspirations to go for a particluar car some compromise as well, i am sure you did not mean that only wise ppl go for swift and amature or foolish for vtec and palio
Old 4th September 2006, 19:40   #68
Senior - BHPian

Swift is sluggish because of its gear ratio and heavy weight to make it safe vehicle. Many swifts including DEMO vehicles have poor pickup, MUL guys agreed when I argued with them, they say performance improves once vehicle coveres 4000 KM. I own swift vxi I had similar problem they improved pickup it during my 2nd service. For 5 lacs. swift is good vehicle, so VXI is right choice.

Swift's Brakes are not as good as Santro but ride quality is better than santro, If we fit alloys for VXI ride quality improves and If tyres replaced with lower profiles after 40K KM run ride quality will be even better.

Over all swift is good but I am disappointed with MUL since they are giving bad service. After I sent them notice they attended few problems and few issues still they have to sort out with my car.

I have taught MUL and BIMAL auto Agency @Bangalore a great lesson, what customer can do If they don't provide good service.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 5th September 2006, 16:44   #69
BHPian

Hi guys...

sandeep, Thanks for that comment!! Swift is defintely a better package than esteem!!

alexrabbi, Does it have any specific reason for that Maruti's claim??!! Thousands are using LPG on many new generation cars with LPG!!! Have you been thru any articles which supports claim??!!!! Thanks in advance for your comments!! Well.. I agree with you reg the comparisons of Swift with Indica!!

fightclub, I was reffering to the capabalities of other car's "power delivery"..!
dude I don't want my cars to be highly or extremely powerfull.... but YES... the rest is as you said!!! It should cruise decently in the city traffic without much jobs done with the gears and clutch!! Secondly, as you said, overtaking should not be a tedious task!!! But to satisfy these requirements how many peoples would be able to afford v-tec's / vRS's, ikon1.6, Palio Sportz??!!
What I meant here is just that the Swift dissappoints everybody in this area whom are ready to shed even upto 5 Lakhs for that car!!
Ofcourse.. Palio 1.6 is a good alternative...!! But service is still a headache!! What say?!

ravibhat, Thanks for that informations. All of them are very relevant!!
Well... so atleast you are able to overcome the troubles thru proper channel!! Congrats!!

More comments guys..!
Old 5th September 2006, 22:01   #70
BHPian

Hi there

Rgu88, Am not at all worried of its boot space as I already have big cars when ever I need them to carry luggages!!! This car is for my everyday use in and around my home and office!! LPG will definitely eat its boot space a lot but LPG is inevitable for me considering my run and usage!!
Thanks a lot for your comments!
Old 5th September 2006, 22:19   #71
Senior - BHPian

If you are in no urgency to buy a car then wait and try out the swift diesel[to be launched shortly] instead of fitting an lpg kit.
Old 6th September 2006, 08:00   #72
BHPian

Hi there..

rahul_intlad, Thanks for that comment!! Infact, I know bout the Swift Diesel launch!! As am looking for still cheaper run, diesel which costs almost 10/-Rs more than LPG doesn't fit my bill! Am right now using an Indica diesel and finds a bit waste of money when we have this option as a good alternative!! What say?!!
Old 6th September 2006, 09:04   #73
Senior - BHPian

Mods, can we close this thread?
It is going in an infinite loop, so many inputs from BHP'ians and yet the thread initiator is unable to decide :(
Old 6th September 2006, 10:14   #74
BHPian

Hi there,

finneyp, Don't be so rude at me dude!! Am absolutely new to this 'world' and doing a "research" on automotive stuffs!! As I found this site very inter-active, thought of giving a try for total advises!! Am no-way an amatuer expert like many members here!! This is the only reason of me hanging out for more and more!!

Anyways... upto mods for suitable action!!
Thanks all!!
Old 6th September 2006, 16:29   #75
BHPian

I dont think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
1: Not necessarily withe bigger wheels

2: Maybe you should wait for the diesel. LPG will make it sluggish and take up the boot space

I've driven a Maruti Baleno which has been converted to LPG. It was exectly alike driving with Petrol. No difference in Pickup, Driveability or pulling. Even with ACs ON; the car performed the same.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks