Team-BHP - Indica Xeta LPG or Indica Turbo Diesel??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Indica Xeta LPG or Indica Turbo Diesel?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/16560-indica-xeta-lpg-indica-turbo-diesel.html)

Hi friends!

I was almost decided to purchase Indica Xeta and fit LPG, but one of my friends suggested that instead of fitting gaskit, it might be worth to buy Tubo Diesel version which almost gives the same savings LPG. That too, with out loosing any boot space and its safe compared to gaskit one..

I commute about 600-700 kms per month. LPG kit costs about 25K in the city I live. I am aiming for high end models of Indica Xeta (GLX) or Turbo (DLX) and the cost difference is about 75K.. So, Turbo Diesel costs me 50K more than Xeta+LPG..

Which one should I puchase? Expert thoughts?

Raghu

I think the running costs and cost of ownerships will be far far less on ZETA with LPG comparitive to V2 Turbo!! 50k difference btwn these cars itself is a good saving incase you opt for the ZETA!! Most important point is that the maintenance charges of both of these cars are yet to come out as one is a new version and the other's figures are supposed to be same as of an Indigo!! Engine, Transmission and Suspension systems of V2 Turbo are as same as of the INDIGO!! So the regular service and spare parts figures will have reflection of that, comparitive to regular V2-s. ZETA is equipped with TATA's low quality Petrol engine (compared to earlier petrol versions) supported with numerous of low quality sensors., which already have bad reports on the same. Expert TATA service guys advises to stay off from the ZETA and go for V2 Turbo!!!

ZETA with LPG (LPG-Rs.28/ltr) will return a fuel efficiency of atleast 11 km/lr (A/c ON)
V2 Turbo (Diesel-Rs.36/ltr) will return above 15 km/ltr!!! So the basic arithmetics of fuel efficiency isn't a major factor to support one another!!! Hence the basic cost difference and service costs are the key factors for you!!! Think bout it dear!!!

Nikhil.

Why don' t you consider the Xeta CNG - safer, even cheaper then LPG and factory fitted too.. Hyd has CNG outlets in Nagole, Uppal and one coming near Viceroy Hotel as per damodar: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...hyderabad.html

LPG and CNG mean no boot space. If you are okay with that it will give you a running cost of around 1.5rs/km on CNG.
Diesel will cost you 2rs/km

go in for the turbodiesel ull love it compared to the xeta.

if its the mileage you are worried about..then its the CNG/LPg route. If you are gonna clock big miles buy the diesel. one more thing..CNG/LPG will sap power..pickup/acceleration will be far less then a regular petrol XETA. Turbo diesel is fun with diesel economy as a bonus. or you can wait for the DICOR engines which are to be launched shortly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashutoshb
Turbo diesel is fun with diesel economy as a bonus. or you can wait for the DICOR engines which are to be launched shortly.

Any idea when DICOR engine will be introduced? Does it make sense to wait??

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobreaks
Hi friends!

I was almost decided to purchase Indica Xeta and fit LPG, but one of my friends suggested that instead of fitting gaskit, it might be worth to buy Tubo Diesel version which almost gives the same savings LPG. That too, with out loosing any boot space and its safe compared to gaskit one..

I commute about 600-700 kms per month. LPG kit costs about 25K in the city I live. I am aiming for high end models of Indica Xeta (GLX) or Turbo (DLX) and the cost difference is about 75K.. So, Turbo Diesel costs me 50K more than Xeta+LPG..

Which one should I puchase? Expert thoughts?

Raghu

Xeta GLS model is available at 3,17,000 on road in hyderabad.Add 25000 for the LPG kit it comes to 3.42 lak on road.Indica turbo GLG with intercooler is 4.4laks on road and Turbo DLS is 4.23 lak on road.The difference is 1 lak and 73000 respectively.My friends Turbo GLG with the intercooler is giving 13 KMPL with A/c in city.Assuming LPG will give 10 Kpl in same conditions Running cost is 2.85 for LPG and 2.8for diesel,so why pay a lakh more and get a noisy rough engine in the turbo.With a round tank fitted in the stepeny boot space is also not compromised that much ,and since Indica has split rear seats the luggage space is suitable for 90% of our commute.

I would say go for Xeta CNG. You will save on Price, Xeta has little better Interiors(I think Turbo still comes with grey Interiors), NVH levels are much better in Xeta than Turbo. And since your running per month is low, deisel engine is anyway not warranted.

Thanks for all the replies! CNG is not an option for me because it is not available in the city i live.

I was told that LPG will not reduce power much in MPFi Engines, but will effect carb engins.. How true is this?

Any one running any Indica petrol with LPG: is the power drop considerable?

600-700kms/month.... that is good even for a petrol car!.. why convert!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLK
600-700kms/month.... that is good even for a petrol car!.. why convert!

agree: Yepp! Just go for the better interiored Xeta(and slightly better at NHV too) . A kit can always be added at a later date!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobreaks
Thanks for all the replies! CNG is not an option for me because it is not available in the city i live.

I was told that LPG will not reduce power much in MPFi Engines, but will effect carb engins.. How true is this?

Any one running any Indica petrol with LPG: is the power drop considerable?

CNG is vailable in Hyderabad go thru this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...hyderabad.html