Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which premium hatchback would you choose?
Honda Jazz 299 42.78%
Hyundai Elite i20 400 57.22%
Voters: 699. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2015, 14:59   #286
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
  • With 4 adults and AC on, does the car feel like its dragging itself? Straight road performance with load & traffic simulation.
  • Hilly areas, without AC, is the i20 capable of pulling itself on second, or 1st needs to be engaged throughout?
1. Its ok on straight roads. I would say adequate nothing more than that.

2. I don't have much hill driving experience. One of the drives i did with 3 people including me and it was able to pull in 2nd gear. The trick is to keep the engine in 2000+ rpm range.

Also i have not felt a noticeable difference in performance with AC on. I don't know if its only me.
Old 2nd September 2015, 15:00   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
Sorry, If I had missed this thing in this discussion. What about the build quality? Which car has the best build quality? i.e. Sheet Metal etc. Who wins the race here? i20 or Jazz?
The sheet metal in both cars is similar. Both are well built, but can't match the Germans.

As far as plastic quality is concerned, Jazz is good but i20 is better.
Aaron:) is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 11:19   #288
vsi
BANNED

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Can anyone throw some information on this:

I am presently planning to go for the SC Model (1.2, petrol, Manual Transmission).

Yesterday, I took a test drive of the vehicle (test drive model was "V"). Now except for auto climate control, the factory fitted music system is same in SV and V trims.

Ii was not able to connect my phone through bluetooth for music streaming. The option was disabled in the TD vehicle. When I asked the sales person, he told me that it may be problem with the system.

Is it supposed to be like this?

Also, the steering mounted control only changes the FM channel and can be used for volume UP-DOWN. We cannot select the channel (bluetooth, FM, CD, etc.) from steering controls.

I am really confused between Elite i20 AND Jazz. Waited for Jazz for long and with such kind of stupid issues, it is really adding to my confusion.

Head: Go for Elite.
Heart: Jazz.

Also the interiors are nowhere close to Elite.

Please help with your kind suggestions.

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd September 2015 at 20:02. Reason: Post edited. Run a spell-check & grammar check before posting please. Thanks!
Old 3rd September 2015, 13:03   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsi View Post
I guess many are confused between Elite I20 and Jazz and there is even a separate thread on Team BHP about that. You can see lot of opinions and pros and cons of each car in that thread.

Coming to your specific questions -
There would be a source button in the center of the steering mounted controls...you should be able to change between different modes like FM/CD/USB etc using that.

The audio system in the SV and V model is good and so far, we have not heard of any complaints. The AVN system in the VX model seems to have some issues though. I would say, if you are hesitant, ask the dealership for a demo of the audio system and tell them that you won't buy the vehicle if they can't provide a demo. You can also check the steering control as well.The should oblige, hopefully or you can speak to some other dealership as well.

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd September 2015 at 20:00. Reason: Quote edited.
Old 3rd September 2015, 14:31   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Hello vsi,

Was your car in motion when you were pairing your phone with bluetooth? When i did the TD of the jazz, the car was stationary & i was able to pair and play music via bluetooth.
As adimicra mentioned, you can use the source button in the center of the steering mounted controls to access various inputs.

I have been in the same boat as you and i have fixed the i20 petrol as my new ride. I was an ardent Honda & jazz fan but the latest release by Honda India have all disappointed me. If you are eager, follow your heart. You should enjoy what you buy. Its no small investment. Jazz SV petrol with extended warranty & 0%dep is almost 7.7L i think. i20 Asta (O) with AVN touchscreen is 8.2L on road. So for 50K additional, you are getting i20 top end model with loads of features. But if your priority is space, moving around with 4+ people daily and doing highway runs quite often, then i would suggest the JAZZ. It is the more comfortable car without a doubt. If you have an office-home-office routine with weekend trips to the mall and likes, and 2 occupants in the car 90% of the time, then i20 should be your choice. i20 gives you a lot more for the price.
For me the petrol or diesel debate was a harder battle compared to the jazz i20 debate. Look at your priorities. My personal choice would be an i20 Diesel, if you are willing to spend an additional 1.5L over petrol. My daily run did not demand a diesel, so i backed out, but the i20 diesel was and still is my fav.

Drive all 4 cars as much as possible. Don't rush your judgement.

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd September 2015 at 20:00. Reason: Avoid quoting large posts entirely please. Thanks!
Old 3rd September 2015, 16:18   #291
vsi
BANNED

Note from Support: Post edited. Please take the time out to type & properly space your posts in future. Run a spell-check before posting. That'll help other readers decipher what you're trying to say. Thanks!

Dear Avi,

Thanks for your kind response.

As such, the car was in standstill position with engine in ON condition. I took a test drive and after moving for a few distance, stopped the car with gear in neutral position. While the sales person was telling me the documentation requirement, I tried to connect my phone.

First, I tried to locate the OEM system through my phone with OEM bluetooth in ON condition, it did not detect.

Then, I tried to locate my phone using the search option available in the OEM system - again no detection.

The bluetooth function itself was disabled, as there is only one select button available in the OEM to select the mode (unlike in Elite i20, wherein you have multiple buttons/switches for selecting the desired function).

As such, my usage pattern is very very basic/functional involving around 7-8 days of office commuting (30 km to and fro office run). remaining days, I will be passenger in someone else's car (we will form a 4-5 person car pool).

Occasional weekend drive with family (me+wife+kid) to nearby city outings, thats it.

Somehow, as far as exterior is concerned, its Jazz all the way, with that pearl white colour looking absolutely smashing, in the showroom as well as on the streets (totally my opinion, non binding).

Interiors, Elite i20 is the way to go. Jazz comes to distant 3rd (2nd being grand i10 interiors).

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd September 2015 at 20:03. Reason: Post edited. See note.
vsi is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd September 2015, 19:26   #292
BHPian

Quote:
I have been using the BT audio and it is just awesome. The speaker set up is very good and needs no upgrades. Regarding the disabled bluetooth, tell me when we met a sales guy who knew stuff?

The source button changes the audio source.

Regarding the choice, it is your money and you decide. Both are good cars. I went with Jazz, because of the interior space, super silent cabin, awesome legroom. When I drive Jazz, I am getting the feel of a big car like Innova. Elite i20 feels a bit small. It is just me.

Recently, I was rear-ended at a mad speed by an Innova (NH) and the car bore the brunt, did not lose its grip, ABS was fantastic, maintained control, had less damage for that speed and saved me. I am happy to be alive and super confident on its safety now. Even if I buy another car, it would be Jazz. Without a doubt!!

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd September 2015 at 19:59. Reason: Quote edited.
vprabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 19:29   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

And, if you talk about sedate highway drives, I was able to extract 20-21 kmpl on the jazz driven steadily between 80-100 kmph. I normally don't drive like that but I was just interested to check how much I can achieve.
Hi adimicra, although we live in different cities I am still interested in knowing your opinion. It has been close to a month since I have bought my Jazz MT, petrol. Have covered around 430-440 kms so far. The FE, as shown by the display, is 11.9 kmpl. Was 11.7 kmpl till two days back. Is this normal? I prefer using the AC intermittently, although I keep the blower on always. My daily commute is around 16-17 kms.

I would also like to point that when I took the delivery, the FE displayed was 9.6 kmpl. Also I have faced significant traffic (though not always bumper to bumper) since I have been driving the Jazz. This is how things generally are during the monsoon season in Mumbai.
Old 3rd September 2015, 23:37   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hi adimicra, although we live in different cities I am still interested in knowing your opinion. It has been close to a month since I have bought my Jazz MT, petrol. Have covered around 430-440 kms so far. The FE, as shown by the display, is 11.9 kmpl. Was 11.7 kmpl till two days back. Is this normal? I prefer using the AC intermittently, although I keep the blower on always. My daily commute is around 16-17 kms.

I would also like to point that when I took the delivery, the FE displayed was 9.6 kmpl. Also I have faced significant traffic (though not always bumper to bumper) since I have been driving the Jazz. This is how things generally are during the monsoon season in Mumbai.
What you are getting is perfectly normal in high traffic conditions. Mine is moderate traffic and I get 13-14 kmpl.
Mileage depends so much on traffic and driving style that it's almost impossible to say which is good and which is bad. So, it's always best to talk relative to something. Do you have any other car which you can drive over the same route same time? If not you, is there a friend or relative you can check with?
I am very confident about saying this that the Honda engines along with Mauti Suzuki (petrol) offer very good mileage and much better than Hyundai or others in the same segment. I can tell for sure that I get better mileage in Jazz compared to I10.
Once you do your first oil change, the mileage and engine smoothness is expected to improve.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 09:06   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
In my 480km of driving the jazz I am also getting 11.6 as the overall FE. Have got a highest of 17 on an early morning run and as low as 8-9 in the evenings. With the low fuel prices I am reasonably happy with the running costs (~Rs 5/km) though considering its a small 1.2 litre engine they do not look great.
ToyotaFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 17:36   #296
BHPian

Can anyone plz confirm whether the jazz s or e has fuel efficiency indicator?
Taking a jazz for my dad. He hates the touch screen navigation system, and dont like the touch panel ac too. Am left with only 2 options now. Jazz e or s. Jazz e dont give those chrome panels too. Silly cost cutting. Jazz s is my pick if it displays fuel efficiency. Pls advice.
Old 5th September 2015, 18:10   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Can anyone plz confirm whether the jazz s or e has fuel efficiency indicator?
Taking a jazz for my dad. He hates the touch screen navigation system, and dont like the touch panel ac too. Am left with only 2 options now. Jazz e or s. Jazz e dont give those chrome panels too. Silly cost cutting. Jazz s is my pick if it displays fuel efficiency. Pls advice.

Fuel Consumption Display/Warning, Average Fuel Consumption Display indicators are default in every Jazz model. You can have 'Instantaneous Fuel Economy Display' from SV model onwards.

I would recommend you the SV model, as it comes with 2 airbags and ABS, and of course, manual AC.

Last edited by Wildy : 5th September 2015 at 18:15.
Wildy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 22:02   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Fuel Consumption Display/Warning, Average Fuel Consumption Display indicators are default in every Jazz model. You can have 'Instantaneous Fuel Economy Display' from SV model onwards.

I would recommend you the SV model, as it comes with 2 airbags and ABS, and of course, manual AC.
Thank you so much bro. You were truly helpful. The dealership guy was not able to help me with this. He was telling, fuel efficiency display is available from SV only. I am planning to go with the S or even E as my dad is an ultra slow sedate driver. He never drives it above 40. And most of the driving is in citys.

Also, can anyone help me with some interior photos of the S and E variants plz. Dealership dint had these variants in stock.
Old 5th September 2015, 22:39   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Thank you so much bro. You were truly helpful. The dealership guy was not able to help me with this. He was telling, fuel efficiency display is available from SV only. I am planning to go with the S or even E as my dad is an ultra slow sedate driver. He never drives it above 40. And most of the driving is in citys.

Also, can anyone help me with some interior photos of the S and E variants plz. Dealership dint had these variants in stock.

You are welcome my friend.

Don't wanna pull hard, But please rethink about your decision on SV. For the less than 60K, you would get 2 Airbags, ABS+EBD, 5" Music System with CD Player, Rear Parking Camera, Driver Side Window One Touch Up/Down with Pinch Guard, Speed Volume Compensation, Map Light, Handsfree Telephone Control on Steering Wheel, Multi Information LCD display, Outside Temperature display, Cruising Range etc.

Please note that, priorities may change once you acquire the car. May be someday, you or your other family members may drive it with higher speeds in cities or on highways. So, please don't loose all these safety features with some goodies.

Best to you.
Wildy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 23:12   #300
BHPian

Quote:
You are welcome my friend.

Don't wanna pull hard, But please rethink about your decision on SV. For the less than 60K, you would get 2 Airbags, ABS+EBD, 5" Music System with CD Player, Rear Parking Camera, Driver Side Window One Touch Up/Down with Pinch Guard, Speed Volume Compensation, Map Light, Handsfree Telephone Control on Steering Wheel, Multi Information LCD display, Outside Temperature display, Cruising Range etc.

Please note that, priorities may change once you acquire the car. May be someday, you or your other family members may drive it with higher speeds in cities or on highways. So, please don't loose all these safety features with some goodies.

Best to you.
Bro, I am in a strict budget. Just want a petrol hatch whose seating is comfortable for my dad. We even tried the swift, which has great front seats. But my dad didn't like it. I personally own an Elite i20 crdi. For cruising, we will be using that car. The jazz is for my dad's daily office commute. Also, about the E variant. We love that black garish at the rear, hosting the H badge. Chrome garish looks absurd on the car.

One big doubt. Is the chrome garish present in the S variant?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks