Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which premium hatchback would you choose?
Honda Jazz 299 42.78%
Hyundai Elite i20 400 57.22%
Voters: 699. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2015, 23:34   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Bro, I am in a strict budget. Just want a petrol hatch whose seating is comfortable for my dad. We even tried the swift, which has great front seats. But my dad didn't like it. I personally own an Elite i20 crdi. For cruising, we will be using that car. The jazz is for my dad's daily office commute. Also, about the E variant. We love that black garish at the rear, hosting the H badge. Chrome garish looks absurd on the car.

One big doubt. Is the chrome garish present in the S variant?
The chrome garish is present on the S. There are no exterior differences between S and SV. S gives you additional Bluetooth connectivity and a host of features over the E which is barebones in my opinion. Honda has skimped on really small things on that variant. Considering your use you may look into it but I think the S and SV are the most VFM. I had initially planned for the S but bought the SV for 70k more on road for the safety features inspite of it being a city only car with the fortuner for the highway runs.
ToyotaFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 10:08   #302
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
The chrome garish is present on the S. There are no exterior differences between S and SV. S gives you additional Bluetooth connectivity and a host of features over the E which is barebones in my opinion. Honda has skimped on really small things on that variant. Considering your use you may look into it but I think the S and SV are the most VFM. I had initially planned for the S but bought the SV for 70k more on road for the safety features inspite of it being a city only car with the fortuner for the highway runs.

Booked a V finally
First I was hanging on the E variant.
All the features that dad needs is there, but horrible interiors.
Then, the S - Lack of combi meter (E & S is given with local meters)
I was happy with the SV, still y V?

V is just 37k more than the SV
I get that touch screen ACC (Without that that dash looks odd that's why)
Rear wiper (Mom likes it )
Electronic foldable mirrors (Bro likes it)
COMPANY ALLOYS (Dad likes it and he is a big no-no aftermarket stuff atleast in his car)

Let me get the car first. After that, I will be comparing my elite with dad's jazz, quality wise.

Also, the dealership charged me 51000 for the booking. But when I booked the amaze earlier, they charged only 21000. They are telling 51000 is the amount for the New City and New Jazz. Is it true?

Last edited by vishnurajanme : 8th September 2015 at 10:10. Reason: addon
vishnurajanme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 12:07   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Booked a V finally
First I was hanging on the E variant.
All the features that dad needs is there, but horrible interiors.
Then, the S - Lack of combi meter (E & S is given with local meters)
I was happy with the SV, still y V?

V is just 37k more than the SV
I get that touch screen ACC (Without that that dash looks odd that's why)
Rear wiper (Mom likes it )
Electronic foldable mirrors (Bro likes it)
COMPANY ALLOYS (Dad likes it and he is a big no-no aftermarket stuff atleast in his car)

Let me get the car first. After that, I will be comparing my elite with dad's jazz, quality wise.

Also, the dealership charged me 51000 for the booking. But when I booked the amaze earlier, they charged only 21000. They are telling 51000 is the amount for the New City and New Jazz. Is it true?
Congrats buddy!
That's quite a jump from E to V.

I think you are the only one in this forum (or may be the country) to own both the Elite I20 and Jazz.
So, you are the best person to compare the 2 cars though the fuel is different. Looking forward to your observation.

When are you getting the delivery? Which color?

PS - time to change your signature.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 10:42   #304

I can’t resist myself from jumping into this discussion, I am here trying my best to add some rational meaning to the results between the Jazz and the I20 elite. To me both cars are good and thanks to the competition that we have better options at competitive costs more than ever. Thanks you Honda-Hyundai and Maruti , and please keep competing.

Coming to the results of the survey with 38.7% in favor of Jazz and 61.23% for Elite, I am of the opinion that jazz indirectly scores equal here since when the survey started , Elite had sold more than 100K units against the 10K number new Jazz (till date). Considering a similar ratio of i20 owners in this forum. It is highly likely that Elite would have been voted higher, owners pride is hard to beat. We need to give time for Jazz sales to pick up and hear the actual reviews. If it was a comparison between swift and elite in spite of belonging to different segments, I would not be surprised if Swift scores over elite for same reason. I thought of using some logic to add fairness in this forum.

If I had a chance now to vote now, I would refrain from voting since I find both equally good and the motor machines will not disappoint the buyers in any way.

And for those who think few buttons is more important to decide and compare cars. I hereby give our reference to our own “GTO”s thread in another forum.

GTO Team-BHP Support
Re: The modern car and the technologically challenged

First time in a Ferrari, I thought it'll have a fancy & complicated starting procedure ( press brake, engine start / stop button etc.). Me & the owner sit inside. I wait for instructions.

Awkward silence.

We look at each other.

He says "What are you waiting for? Just insert the key and lets get going". The starting procedure was similar to a Maruti 800 .
Last edited by GTO : 29th August 2015 at 15:55.
Old 18th September 2015, 11:41   #305
BHPian

I do not own either of these 2 cars. However i have done a TD of both. Jazz Petrol is marginally ahead of I20 Petrol. However I20 Diesel is quite ahead of Jazz Diesel.

Incase you can shell out money go for I20 Diesel. However if you are conservative with spending go for Jazz Petrol (More Value for Money and Fun to Drive than I20 Petrol).
Old 18th September 2015, 12:06   #306
BHPian

Can some one please post the interiors of E and S variants of Jazz ? They are very hard to find in the net. I am also looking to buy a hatchback.
Old 18th September 2015, 15:16   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Can some one please post the interiors of E and S variants of Jazz ? They are very hard to find in the net. I am also looking to buy a hatchback.
amvj, have you checked this thread? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html.
Old 18th September 2015, 16:53   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
amvj, have you checked this thread? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html.
Hey Aveek, it is top end variant man. While I am looking for base variants.
Base variants don't have touch screen AC controls, no stereo, no steering controls, no chrome in the exterior and even smaller wheels to name a few.
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:25   #309
BHPian

Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20 - My review on Premiumness Alone

I am a proud owner of both the ivtec Jazz & the Crdi Elite i20 (Only one in this world maybe) So leaving some good points of both the cars.
These points are between two close variants. The i20 Sports (O) and the Jazz V

Jazz:
Very Good Steering Wheel (Looks better compared with i20)
Excellent instrument cluster with ambient lighting & FE display
Great rev happy petrol engine with good mileage figures
Great In cabin space between seats
A great boot
Indian road friendly reverse foldable RVMs (Elite i20 does not have these)

Elite i20:
Excellent Plastic quality (Does not flex as in the jazz, Looks firm too)
Excellent sheet metal treatment given (No Exposed edges like in the jazz)
Great rev happy Diesel Engine with good mileage figures (Yes, the crdi Diesel revs just like the ivtec petrol even though the RPM limit is low)
Wide Cabin, can seat 3 adults at the back (Wider than Jazz)
Premium feel even upon close inspection (Examples: gear knob, buttons, dash, Reverse cam resolution, Seat fabric etc)

Yeah, the rear cam in the Jazz feeds the video into the 5 inch screen in the center console, but the image appears blurry in all the 3 angles. Also, the guidelines wont twist as in the case of the i20. And the precision while using the cam is much lower than the latter. Lack of parking sensors is another issue. Also, I could not find any way to adjust the sound parameters like bass, treble etc. Other Jazz V variant owners please help. Audio is good though. Almost on par with the 8 speaker setup of the elite.

See some comparison snaps attached!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20-dash_i20.jpg  

Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20-dash_jazz.jpg  

Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20-glass_i20.jpg  

Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20-glass_jazz.jpg  

Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20-gear_elite.jpg  

Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20-gear_jazz.jpg  

Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20-key_i20.jpg  

Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20-key_jazz.jpg  

Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20-knob_i20.jpg  

Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20-knob_jazz.jpg  

Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20-light_i20.jpg  

Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20-light_jazz.jpg  

Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20-panelgap_i20.jpg  

Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20-panelgap_jazz.jpg  

Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20-rvm_i20.jpg  

Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20-rvm_jazz.jpg  

Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20-steering_elite.jpg  

Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20-steering_jazz.jpg  

Last edited by vishnurajanme : 22nd September 2015 at 11:44.
vishnurajanme is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 16:41   #310
BHPian

I have seen the metal ring around the gear knob(where the knob attaches itself to the leather gear change housing) come loose in almost all Honda Jazz. Even in the one kept in the showroom, i could touch the aluminium shaft attached to the gear knob. No such issue in any i20 so far.
Old 22nd September 2015, 17:02   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
I have seen the metal ring around the gear knob(where the knob attaches itself to the leather gear change housing) come loose in almost all Honda Jazz. Even in the one kept in the showroom, i could touch the aluminium shaft attached to the gear knob. No such issue in any i20 so far.

OMG! Are you serious, bro?
In my i20, it never happened so far. I am using the i20 for the past 7 months approx.
Jazz is a newbie. Just a day old. Any DIY to fix the issue? Please share
Old 22nd September 2015, 18:17   #312

Well, no such issue in my V iVtech till now - using for last two months.
Old 22nd September 2015, 20:02   #313
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz vs Hyundai Elite i20 - My review on Premiumness Alone

Quote:
Indian road friendly reverse foldable RVMs (Elite i20 does not have these)
Correction, my friend. Elite i20's RVMs are indeed reverse foldable. I found it out the hard way..

Nice comparo. Maybe you should keep adding 'em, mighty helpful for many out there, am sure.

Last edited by vinjosep : 22nd September 2015 at 20:04.
Old 22nd September 2015, 21:03   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Correction, my friend. Elite i20's RVMs are indeed reverse foldable. I found it out the hard way..

Nice comparo. Maybe you should keep adding 'em, mighty helpful for many out there, am sure.
Are you serious? Actually I tried to fold it in the reverse direction a bit. But nothing happened. Lol. Jazz' RVMs come directly from the city. And my cousin and friend own citys, both of them are "IN" sane riders. You can guess multiple situations in which it folded in the reverse position, but still works fine. Jazz rvms are chubbier too. Looks nice. But the led strip is better on the i20.

Today after a healthy 50km ride, the jazz gave a mileage of 15.8 kmpl
After a 160km highway ride, the i20 gave 21kmpl. Both mileage figures with AC set at climate control, set to temperatures of around 24°C.

Jazz was driven at no more than 60kmph and i20 was driven mostly at 80kmph with sane triple digit speeds in between.
vishnurajanme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 10:54   #315
BHPian

Finally found out why the Elite i20 is more comfortable for rear side passengers than the jazz. (Inspite of all those legroom that the jazz provides)

The 2 cm additional "width" of the rear seat. Yes, I just measured both the seats just now, edge to edge. The i20 really astonished me. 2cm more. Someone told me the jazz interiors are just 1cm less wide that the i20. But, coming to the seats, it is a full 20mm less in the jazz. And that is a lot of space for seating at the rear.

Also, found another thing. I20 seats provide better thigh support than the jazz. They extend higher to the front.

Measurements
Jazz seat width: 49cms
Elite i20 seat width: 51 cms

Will post photos for proof shortly. Presently using mobile net.
vishnurajanme is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks