Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2006, 19:13   #1
BHPian

Hi folks,
I maybe asking the same old question, but please bear with me..
After months of reasearch, going through auto magazines, websites, and most of all the best resource - team-bhp.com,
I have finally decided that, I will be buying a Fiat Palio, in couple of weeks at the most.
But, i suppose as a last question , have not decided on to go for 1.2 ELX or 1.6 Sorts,

Specifically I want to know, what is the fuel efficiency of Palio 1.6 Sports..
can I expect atleast 10 KM/Ltr in Bangalore trafic with 100% AC..

I will be using it only on weekends,...maybe a 100 KMS / week,
looking for your feedback....
1.6 owners, please advise/answer..

bye,
Hemant
Old 10th September 2006, 20:44   #2
BHPian

hey man 1.6 gives around 9 to 11 but my friend uses it in Coimbatore ... i don't know what figure you will get in Bangalore ... its very good to drive man that too since you use it in weekend you can really enjoy it ...
as per me go for 1.6 ... its sweet
Old 10th September 2006, 21:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

dude, 100kms per week and taht to on weekends? Get the 1.6!. Worried abt mileage get M800
Old 11th September 2006, 04:23   #4
BHPian

hemant,

go for 1.6 if you really want to get the amazing pleasure of driving a true hot hatch, at present discount its a steal, you can expect a 9.5 city and 14 highway with slight varitation.

however if FE is your criteria and you want to go for fiat, then perhaps you should wait for new palio which will come with 1.1 ltr engine and its tuned for Fe.
Old 11th September 2006, 08:45   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi
Hi folks,
I maybe asking the same old question, but please bear with me..
After months of reasearch, going through auto magazines, websites, and most of all the best resource - team-bhp.com,
I have finally decided that, I will be buying a Fiat Palio, in couple of weeks at the most.
But, i suppose as a last question , have not decided on to go for 1.2 ELX or 1.6 Sorts,
Great Choice

Quote:
Specifically I want to know, what is the fuel efficiency of Palio 1.6 Sports..
can I expect atleast 10 KM/Ltr in Bangalore trafic with 100% AC..
No , please dont expect that , 8-9 will be what u wil be getting in Bangalore city traffic with AC 100%

Quote:
I will be using it only on weekends,...maybe a 100 KMS / week,
looking for your feedback....
1.6 owners, please advise/answer..
100 kms a week thats roughly 400 kms a month, and 5000 kms a year , Dude u will loose lot of money if you plane to change your car soon . I suggest you go for a used one for around 2 lacs . I can assure you one thing , you wont regret your decision buying 1.6 though I cannot say the same about 1.2 . Infact I prefer 1.6 GTX to even baleno or OHC reason being the combination of right amount of power , solidity , safety , Road grip , Ride , handling , sweet looks what more can someone expect from a car ......but I gotta say with a heavy foot on the accelerator be prepared to watch your Fuel guage going faster than speedo .

Last edited by maxbhp : 11th September 2006 at 08:49.
Old 11th September 2006, 09:16   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club
wait for new palio which will come with 1.1 ltr engine and its tuned for Fe.
What is the source of this news?? I am not sure if 1.1 will give any better mileage. It will be a grossly underpowered car.
Old 11th September 2006, 09:43   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
Great Choice

No , please dont expect that , 8-9 will be what u wil be getting in Bangalore city traffic with AC 100%

100 kms a week thats roughly 400 kms a month, and 5000 kms a year , Dude u will loose lot of money if you plane to change your car soon . I suggest you go for a used one for around 2 lacs . I can assure you one thing , you wont regret your decision buying 1.6 though I cannot say the same about 1.2 . Infact I prefer 1.6 GTX to even baleno or OHC reason being the combination of right amount of power , solidity , safety , Road grip , Ride , handling , sweet looks what more can someone expect from a car ......but I gotta say with a heavy foot on the accelerator be prepared to watch your Fuel guage going faster than speedo .
Great choice..

Same impressions from my side.

I've 1.6 Sports and I'm getting 9-10.5 KMPL in bangalore city traffic with 100% to 30% AC on.

Do not hesitate and book now to get those fabulous 70K discounts from the dealer. I Guess concorde motors gives best discount compare to others in bangalore.
Old 11th September 2006, 10:04   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi
Hi folks,
Hemant
It is very evident that you did only academic research and got impressed. The two Palios are entirely different beasts, and would cater to different user profiles.

I suggest it is time to get on the wheel and check the reality. If you are just impressed by the Palio stories, then excuse me.
Old 11th September 2006, 10:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

ther eis one more aspect ot consider. have a look at the interiors of both the cars. the 1.2 has far plusher interiors with beige,black and wooden themes.
Old 11th September 2006, 15:53   #10
Senior - BHPian

If you can afford Palio 1.6, then there is no other hatch in the country that match its Performance, Ride comfort, Build Quality, Space, Looks etc...
Just get that 1.6 beast, it is worth each penny....!
Old 11th September 2006, 17:02   #11
BHPian

Quote:
What is the source of this news?? I am not sure if 1.1 will give any better mileage. It will be a grossly underpowered car.
i can not quote you any specifif one but couple of fiat dealers have confirmed it plus some newspaper articles also, i am petty much 1.1 ltr version is on the way, well its not very difficult to detune current 1.2 ltr to 1.1 and ofcourse the purpose of doing it is obvious increase FE.
Old 11th September 2006, 22:57   #12
BHPian

Also, would suggest you to take a Test Drive of Adventure ... I'm sure your U'll Go Crazy by it's Ride quality and comfort ..
Old 12th September 2006, 17:07   #13
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Thanks a lot for your views...
but I am more confused now, since i posted this...
My wife has suddenly got wind of New Wagon R....
and also, wants to see the AVEO Uva,...

confused..
my heart is set on palio,,..
anyway,
will update...

Regards,
Hemant
Old 13th September 2006, 06:52   #14
Senior - BHPian

Palio is a bigger car! AND 1.6 is 1.6! 100bhp!
now if you want lpg kit one,go get WagonR.
Old 13th September 2006, 07:20   #15
BHPian

I just test drove the Petra 1.6, and am waiting for a test drive of the Palio 1.6. I must tell you this. If you are even thinking of getting a Wagon R, do not even touch the Palio, whether 1.6 or 1.2, because if you do and then buy the Wagon R, under whatever compulsions, you will regret it. If you enjoy driving, the Wagon R (or the Santro, for that matter referred here because it looks similar) will not give you the same feel. I drove the Petra for an hour this Sunday, and I just can't forget the feel. The Palio 1.6 is supposed to be even more responsive and tightly sprung, so I am waiting to get a feel of that before I decide what to take.
Anyway, if your driving is 100km a week, why worry about FE?
Regards,
Prabuddha

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks