Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which budget hatchback would you choose?
Renault Kwid 252 57.67%
Maruti Alto 800 16 3.66%
Hyundai Eon 36 8.24%
Datsun Go 7 1.60%
Tata Nano GenX 42 9.61%
Maruti Alto K10 84 19.22%
Voters: 437. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2016, 14:28   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Budget hatchback war: Renault Kwid vs the others

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigH View Post
Thank you. It is SBI indeed. They are also offering 9.65% if the car is in my wife's name.
All the State Bank branches have specific rates for loans to women so you can also approach SBBJ for a quote.

However the difference in premium may not be too much for a small hatchback, so if you already have a good relationship with your local SBI branch please go ahead.

SBI is very slow and bureaucratic but 100% transparent in their loans. So you need to have some patience with their initial procedures.
Old 16th August 2016, 14:34   #92
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
SBI is very slow and bureaucratic but 100% transparent in their loans. So you need to have some patience with their initial procedures.
Surprisingly No (slow & bureaucratic part), but yes 100% transparent in my experience
Applied for the loan and the next day the address verification for office and home was completed (this is what usually takes a lot of time I was told). Meantime, the bank did a CIBIL check and 2 days later, the loan was ready for disbursal
Next week, we visited the stockyard of the dealership, selected the car and then the completed the remaining formalities. And, no taking credit away from the staff at a local SBI branch, they were awesome.

Last edited by NPV : 16th August 2016 at 14:36.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 14:38   #93
Senior - BHPian

That matches my experience. Just comparing this to some of the flashier private banks with "preapproved" loans etc etc.

Iniquitous interest rates, lots of hidden charges, penalties on pre closure / pre payment etc just don't get mentioned in the powerpoint decks the flashy young salesman shows you, in those banks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Surprisingly No (slow & bureaucratic part), in my experience
Applied for the loan and the next day the address verification for office and home was completed (this is what usually takes a lot of time I was told). Meantime, the bank did a CIBIL check and 2 days later, the loan was ready for disbursal
Next, we visited the stockyard of the dealership, selected the car and then the completed the remaining formalities. And, no taking credit away from the staff at a local SBI branch, they were awesome.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 14:50   #94
BHPian

Hatchback under 4.5 L On Road

Hi guys one of my relatives is looking to buy a hatchback. This would be their first car. The car would only be used for city driving. Their only criteria is that engine should not be weak. So what car would be best suited for their needs i.e. a car for city driving with good engine. Here are the cars that I think are good-:

1) Tata Tiago
2) Hyundai Eon - I know engine is not that good but the interiors are really good.
3) Maruti Alto 800
4) Hyundai i10 (although quite expensive)

These are the cars that I think fit the budget. So please help in deciding the most VFM car.

Regards
Old 16th August 2016, 15:04   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hatchback under 4.5 L On Road

A couple of months back, I would have suggested the Tiago with a slight apprehension. But now, given the success, and the endurance run shown by Tata, I believe Tiago is the way to go. It is VFM, from the initial reviews the FE is good and the engine is torquey too (which matters in the city).

Last edited by ashis89 : 16th August 2016 at 15:06.
Old 16th August 2016, 15:52   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
These are the cars that I think fit the budget.
Can you elaborate on the budget please? Also whether the car will be used by a family or maybe only a couple of guys? Are you looking for a manual transmission or Auto? This will also help in suggesting the better car.

What did you mean by a weak engine?

Amongst the shortlisted cars, only Tiago and Eon would be the ones I would suggest to go for. You should also include the Celerio in the list if AT is a requirement. Then there are others like Datsun Go, Renault Kwid which are all entry level hatchbacks.
Old 16th August 2016, 16:06   #97
Senior - BHPian

If you have the budget for the Tiago and even the Grand i10, I think you should definitely consider the Alto K10 over the Alto 800, especially since they seem to be bothered by engine power. Besides engine power, interiors are a bit nicer on the K10 too.

I would pick the Tiago, but for a newbie driver the Alto K10 is more suited I feel - not east to stall, easy to fix scratches and dents too.
Old 16th August 2016, 16:13   #98
BHPian

I would also suggest Tiago.

All the other cars have been crash tested and all have failed. Though Tiago remains untested by any independent body, it still feels far better to be in compared to other options. Heard that Tata has in house crash test facility in India to test their cars.

Since Tata mainly designs and sells their cars in India unlike other manufacturers who sell their cars in many other countries, its expected Tata have carried out many tests before rolling out the India bound Tiago on the roads and haven't opted for dual standards of manufacturing like what the other manufacturers do here.

Last edited by GTO : 31st August 2016 at 17:44. Reason: Language
Old 16th August 2016, 17:25   #99
BHPian

Thank you guys for the response. The car would mostly carry 2 people i.e a driver and my relative. Car would we seldom driven by my relative. By weak engine I mean that the car should not feel sluggish to drive. And as far as Tiago is concerned how is the petrol engine as petrol variant will fit the budget. Diesel is little on the expensive side.

Regards
Old 16th August 2016, 18:20   #100
BHPian

I would suggest the Tiago as well. However, not sure on the long term reliability. Hope it is as good as it looks and drives. The Tiago in blue looks smashing.

If your relative is not the experimenting kind and wants a tried and tested model, you can check the Eon as well(is the 1.0L kappa still on sale?). My wife has the 0.8 Eon and I found it quite acceptable in city traffic(except the gear shift is a bit rubbery). The interiors are quite well screwed for the segment, but same goes for the Tiago.

The Alto feels and looks Spartan when compared to these.
I have driven the above three cars and so suggested based on my perception. Go for the Tiago.

The Kwid looks good though, but the 800cc engine sounds funny, I know there's a speeding Kwid around by the suuuuuiii sound.
Lastly just to add a bit to the confusion, The Chevrolet Beat. That car is quite a potent one, let down by the brand. There must be heavy discount on it as well.
Old 16th August 2016, 18:36   #101
Senior - BHPian

My Vote Tiago - Nice car with decent engine, ABS, dual airbags, nice interior, good build quality, and awesome in-car entertainment system. Tiago in blue looks really awsome!
Old 16th August 2016, 18:52   #102
BHPian

My vote goes for the Eon 1000 cc if it is still available. I have been on a couple of trips to the hills in Eon 1.0 L and the engine or the space doesn't disappoint one bit. Its spaciois for 4 and is easy to handle with good power. You also get a reliable hyundai after sales service.
Old 16th August 2016, 22:58   #103
BHPian

I guess tata is offering bolt at heavy discounts. You can check out the same. Though a sales dud, it belongs to a segment above, would offer more spacious and comfortable interiors, decent four pot motor (way more torqey than three pot motors of the cars listed). Or else check out the figo. With recent price cuts, it offers tremendous value for money.
Old 16th August 2016, 23:26   #104
BHPian

Given your choices, #1 (Tiago) appears best.

Aside, given your budget (from i10, Tiago being in list), you should consider WagonR as well.
Old 17th August 2016, 10:03   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babu.sundaram View Post
Given your choices, #1 (Tiago) appears best.

Aside, given your budget (from i10, Tiago being in list), you should consider WagonR as well.
I agree with the Tiago as a good choice. I just booked one. Also, saw the price hike news on Team-BHP. Will I be entitled to price protection since I booked before the price hike?

Link to news on T-BHP:

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/tata-ti...-hiked-rs-8000

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks