Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2006, 14:04   #1

My First car

Hello friends,

I'm new to this website. I'm planning to buy my first car. I'm completely confused with what to buy. My budget is less than 6lacs though I do not want to spend lot of money on this.

Here is my requirement:
1. I'm in Bangalore and will drive my car only during week ends that too not very far. My total distance per week might not exceed 100kms.
2. The car's length should not be greater than 14feet. I have parking constraints.
3. The car should have enough leg room both in front and back for elders to sit comfortably.

I did some research and found out Indica is much cheaper and still have lot of space inside. I liked the latest desiel with turbo engine. But, my friends said that desiel cars will have lot of maintenance cost and also not work buying it when I do not drive it a lot. Is this true? I do not like Santro and Wagon R because of the look.

Please suggest me some.
Old 14th September 2006, 14:53   #2
BHPian

Going by your requirements, a hatchback car would best suit you. So look at
Indica(petrol one, good space, decent economy. reliabilty still a bit suspect)
Palio 1.2(very nice car, good space, after sales a bit dodgy)
Swift(smashing good looks, good fuel economy, performance, but pretty claustrophobic inside)
Getz(spacious interiors, good after sales. a little expensive than rest).

Out of these I personally like the GetZ's interiors the best in layout and space.
But the only reason thats holding me back from recommending one all out is that it may be changed to a new look in coming months(though the current one looks better).

Last edited by Fuelled : 14th September 2006 at 15:00.
Old 14th September 2006, 18:00   #3
BHPian

Santro should fit your requirement perfectly. It's height ensures that elders can sit comfortably.
Old 14th September 2006, 18:15   #4
BHPian

you can go for Indica XETA or Palio 1.2 or Getz

I would recommend Getz to you though XETA is lighter on the wallet.

Palio is probably best for enthusiasts only inspite of being a great car (its one of the largest selling cars ever, worldwide!!) due to Fiat India's failure as you are likely to face after-sales troubles.
Old 14th September 2006, 19:10   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbasak
Santro should fit your requirement perfectly. It's height ensures that elders can sit comfortably.
Spot on dude.
But since Balaji has the budget to buy something bigger. He should avoid a Santro as its pretty cramped in the rear compared to the Getz or a Xeta
Old 14th September 2006, 19:20   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Topic has been discussed extensively before. Please use the search feature to find the relevant information.

This thread is closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks