Toyota Liva 6 0.68%
Maruti Swift 27 3.07%
Other (please specify in your post) 32 3.64%
Voters: 880. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2015, 12:40   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno vs other B-segment Hatchbacks

Oops.. I voted for Tata Bolt by mistake!! You know, things happen. Anyways, my pick would be the new Ford Figo Diesel Titanium Plus!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th December 2015 at 13:10. Reason: Removing the references to politics and unwanted bits. Please keep the forum free from these discussions. Thanks!
Old 16th December 2015, 12:46   #17
BHPian

I voted for the Tata Bolt. I like the looks of the car, it feels robust and offers a lot of features. the only downside would be the lack of stowage space. A very good, competent yet highly underrated car. A la Cheteshwar Pujara or Carlos Sainz Jnr.

Last edited by MadiMaama : 16th December 2015 at 12:49.
Old 16th December 2015, 12:53   #18
BHPian

Head still says i20 elite, but dil said Figo and voted for it only for the 110 horses on offer. But nowhere near to changing my little rocket, Getz CRDI.
Old 16th December 2015, 12:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Baleno since it has the cheapest AT.
Old 16th December 2015, 13:19   #20
BHPian

I have voted for the Baleno but with a caveat of a more powerful engine being launched soon. Otherwise my vote would have gone with i20.
Old 16th December 2015, 13:43   #21
BHPian

Voted for Elite i20. To me, Diesel is top pick and nothing comes closer to the refinement and torque offered. Petrol is not bad either but may not be the top of the class. Steering, oh yes, that's something Hyundai is very adamant. May not be their DNA.

Baleno: Competent, but the styling is not sharp and the build quality for a premium hatchback does not cut it either and somehow I tend to think it's a blown Swift.

Honda Jazz: Poor interior quality, absolutely good for the powertrain. Still not checks for the price.

VW Polo: Amazing build & ride quality, cramped leg room in the rear is a turn-off.
Old 16th December 2015, 13:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Elite i20 for what it offers - a segment benchmark in terms of sheer quality and performance (read diesel) and a head turner (I mean you admire the car after every single drive).

I am not in the market for a new purchase at the moment, yet on this side of 10 Lac, I am only looking at i20 Elite and S Cross (1.3 MJD) for what is been offered to the customers.
Old 16th December 2015, 13:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

I surprise myself!
Voted for the Bolt. It offers a lot for the price at which it is offered and add to that the discounts already on offer on the Bolt.

A good 1.2L petrol engine which does a decent job, both on highway and in city (as compared to most other commuters in the option list). Diesel engine is the same Fiat sourced Mjd and is known to be very robust.
Neutral handling.
Interiors are good too as is the Infotainment.
Spacious, and can seat 5 adults (need of the hour for me )

Tata service may not be very reliable but the good thing is, you will find it anywhere and everywhere you go. You wont have to look too far for one in case you need it and that is a plus

A small boot but then I can pack light !

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 16th December 2015 at 13:50.
Old 16th December 2015, 14:22   #24
BHPian

Voted for the Figo, gem of an oil burner, best in class safety features & VFM for what its offering.
Its quite a looker as well (subjective though). i20 is a close second, the price & safety equpiment made me go for the figo.
Old 16th December 2015, 14:29   #25
anb
BHPian

Voted for Polo. Best in class build quality, fit & finish and interior quality with decent suspension set up,punchy diesel engine and awesone TSi engine. It's hard to find a fault with this car apart from rear seat space. Suspension of i20 is not as good as competition and baleno has a very poor build. I am quite surprised that the Punto / Abarth is not mentioned.
Old 16th December 2015, 15:01   #26

I would like to have an amalgamation of the following cars:

1. Interiors- Elite i20
2. Space- Jazz
3. Handling & Dynamics- Punto
4. Ride Quality- Polo
5. Build Quality- Polo
6. Engine- Ford Figo (Diesel )
Polo TSI (Petrol)
7. VFM proposition - Tata Bolt
8. Reliability- Toyota Liva

I think this is the best possible combination

I have voted for Elite i20 as of now. I feel it is the best overall package.

Old 16th December 2015, 15:04   #27
BANNED

Polo

I'm a cruiser. I kinda live on the highway. Polo offers me a timeless design, powerful diesel, German build, option to add an OEM driver armrest, big car-like ride quality, good discounts, and most importantly, Cruise Control. It is the must-have feature for me.

The only thing that dampens the Polo experience is the badge and its uncertain future. Despite its higher maintenance costs, I'd pick the Polo, as I'll have to spend another 3 lakhs to get the next car most affordable car with cruise control. And then I'll be missing out on quite a few features. With a VW, I can only hope the maintenance costs don't go through the roof.

It's a shame Baleno, Ciaz, Elite, and Creta don't come with cruise control. So much for their premium positioning!
Old 16th December 2015, 15:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

My heart wants me to go with Punto evo, apart from that I cannot vote a single car in the options listed. Swift has great dynamics but not enough rear space. Baleno and i20 are good looking but somehow don't attract me, besides the petrol engines are not exactly powerful, but overall they are better than all of them. Bolt and Figo are visually smaller so cant compare them with Baleno or i20, but I find the Bolt petrol better than Figo for the price.

I am a soul
Old 16th December 2015, 15:30   #29
BHPian

Voted for the Figo. It is an extremely well rounded package and the diesel 1.5 is just amazing. If Ford could have carried forward the hydraulic PS from the old figo, it would have been a sweeter package.
The VFM proposition compared to the performance clinches the deal as far as I am concerned.
Old 16th December 2015, 15:50   #30
BHPian

Voted for the Jazz. But...had Hyundai not cut short the Elite's safety features (6 airbags -> 2 airbags) the Elite would have been a serious contender for my vote as well as my ride. To give the Elite its dues I will admit that it's a looker and the interior quality is much better than the Jazz.

Most Viewed