Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2016, 15:56   #106
BHPian

Re: Need help with marriage proposal (Polo vs Figo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock View Post
Finally got engaged to the Red Hot German on 16th of September. Expecting to get married within a month
Hi Capslock, you sure took a long time to decide the perfect girl for you
Anyway, I wish you and your lady love many safe miles.
Do take time to post your ownership review after you marry her
srvm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 18:23   #107
BHPian

Got my Red GT TSI on 7th Oct . My experience so far (Driven just ~350km ):

1. Fantastic engine & gearbox. During my short trip on expressway, I could feel that other cars were screaming their lungs out while the GT was just jogging at the same speed.
Just put your foot on the accelerator and she will respond.
2. Acceleration is brutal even in D mode (Although there is perceivable Turbo lag at lower speed). This car has enough juice even in 7th gear to accelerate further.
3. Top notch quality
4. My previous cars only had Power Steering and AC as the "features". So, for me this car is feature loaded.
5. It rained cats & dogs that day, so could test the automatic wipers. Worked well.
6. Tried cruise control on expressway. Got bored within 2 minutes as there was nothing to do other than holding the steering wheel.
7. Automatic dimming IRVM is also a cool addition. My earlier cars did not even have manual dimming IRVM.
8. Hill hold assist helped too. No more moving back on the slope.
9. Auto AC worked well. Outside temperature was ~33 degrees. Just set the car temp. at 22 degrees and that's it!
10. My wife also tried the GT on private road. She was able to drive it properly thanks to AT. (She has not driven a car in long time).
11. I generally transform into "Singham" after getting stuck in traffic for long time, but thanks to AT I was super cool!
Experienced this after getting jammed for 2 hrs in honking traffic!

I had a doubt regarding the DSG AT usage in stop and go traffic
(Regarding wear and tear to clutch).
1. Is it good to just put the car in D mode and press/release brake to creep forward and use accelerator to fill the gap? (Gear is always engaged?) or
2. Should the gear lever be kept juggling between D (to move forward) and N (when stopped)?
Please help!

All in all my left leg is super happy (No battle with clutch), my eyes thank me (auto IRVM), my heart fell in love again (beauty),
my brain has what it needs (power) and my mind is calm & cool (AT).

I hope my pocket stays happy too

Finally the pic!
Attached Thumbnails
Need help with marriage proposal (Polo vs Figo)-gt.png  

capslock is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 18:42   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock View Post
Got my Red GT TSI on 7th Oct ... I hope my pocket stays happy too
1. How has the girl been treating you (and vice versa)?

2. After all the hullabaloo on the choice of partner, you end up posting only one photo of hers! Not fair.

3. Has she been light on your pocket? Any tantrums?

4. Team-bhp helped you make the right choice; you chose her and abandoned the forum- not done mate!

As far as our cars go, don't all of us believe in the yesteryear song Baar baar dekho, hazaar baar dekho. Dekhne ki cheez hair hamari dilruba?

Please do update us on your ownership experience.
dailydriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 01:56   #109
BHPian

Ahahaha what an accurate description for both the cars using real life situations. I had the same dilemma while purchasing a hatchback 1.5 years ago. Chose to go with Polo just because of its better interiors and fun to drive factor. Not to forget how mod friendly it is.
navdeep.rana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 11:12   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
1. How has the girl been treating you (and vice versa)?

2. After all the hullabaloo on the choice of partner, you end up posting only one photo of hers! Not fair.

3. Has she been light on your pocket? Any tantrums?

4. Team-bhp helped you make the right choice; you chose her and abandoned the forum- not done mate!

As far as our cars go, don't all of us believe in the yesteryear song Baar baar dekho, hazaar baar dekho. Dekhne ki cheez hair hamari dilruba?

Please do update us on your ownership experience.
Hi Sir,

1. GT: I heard somewhere that "Germans know how to make cars" and found out to be very true. She is fantastic so far. I am also taking good care of her.
2. Pics: Bit lazy on this front. Will surely pen down my ownership experience with some good pics.
3. Pocket: Completed about 5300 kms and no tantrums whatsoever (so far). It gives me about 10-12 kmpl on daily city drives and 14-15 on highways. I am happy with these figures.
4. Abandoning Team-Bhp: No way sir. I think this is the best auto forum in India. I am always online on this forum. I promise a good ownership thread
capslock is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 09:28   #111
BHPian

Get the Polo GT Tsi or wait for the new Polo?

Hi folks

I am in the market for a hatchback (preferrably automatic). I like the Polo GT Tsi. However, what is making me think is the fact that the polo is more than 6 years old and the replacement should be out in the near future. Any inputs/suggestions would be of great help.

If at all I have to go with a manual, Ford Figo TDCi is a strong contender.
csr9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 09:42   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Get the Polo GT Tsi or wait for the new Polo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr9 View Post
what is making me think is the fact that the polo is more than 6 years old and the replacement should be out in the near future. Any inputs/suggestions would be of great help.
A hatchback from VW is not expected until 2019. Whether it will be a Polo ( look wise / name ) or a product from VW-JAC tie up is not known yet.

You can expect a couple of face-lifts (nth+) of the current Gen in Polo in 2017/18.

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th March 2017 at 09:45.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 07:54   #113
BHPian

Re: Get the Polo GT Tsi or wait for the new Polo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
A hatchback from VW is not expected until 2019. Whether it will be a Polo ( look wise / name ) or a product from VW-JAC tie up is not known yet.

You can expect a couple of face-lifts (nth+) of the current Gen in Polo in 2017/18.
That would be a long wait. Looks like Polo GT Tsi is the only automatic worth considering. Most of the alternatives barring the figo are either CVT's or torque converter's. My daily drive being a Superb DSG, i can't think of any other automatic gearbox .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks