Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2015, 13:15   #61

Re: Need help with marriage proposal (Polo vs Figo)

Hey capslock,

just loved your post, I would strongly recommend you to get married to the Ford Figo, coz i have the Trend variant and love every bit of it. Have driven it in Bangalore Traffic, to the hills to the open highways and Goa's narrow streets as well. The power delivery and the stability the Figo has is just superb. Here is a pic of it.

Need help with marriage proposal (Polo vs Figo)-figocobra.jpg

Have upgraded the wheels to Hankook and Momo Revenge

All the best on your decision.

Cheers,
raghav
raghav_j is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 14:18   #62
BHPian

Hmm..well Bhpians have already given you good advises, so I have nothing much to add. All I can say is that if you want to stay married for a long time and want some peace in life then marry 'B' but if you want some excitement in your life and if you want to enjoy those moments when you'll be with her alone and when you'll be taking her to those curves, only 'A' can fulfill your needs. Cheers!!!
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 14:42   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
She seems to be way more fun than A and comes from a trusted middle class Indian family(though only available in the posh bungalows of the family which they call NEXA). Wait for 6 more months if possible, i.e if your hormones allow.
1.0 vs 1.2, More fun, How?
sachinchavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 14:50   #64
BHPian

Having owned Ford Fiesta for 8 years I can say that Ford vehicles are not in Toyota category on reliability. After four years, they start giving away, increasing the maintenance. Also, my first experiences with VW service for my GT TSI is not any better or worse than with Ford service earlier.

Since you are comparing with Figo Trend rather than the top end, I think you value economy more. In that case the choice is very clear, you'd save capex and operating cost wise both by opting B.
Old 31st December 2015, 15:22   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinchavan View Post
1.0 vs 1.2, More fun, How?
Copying from the scoop thread:

Polo GT TSI

Power - 105 bhp
Torque - 175 NM
Bhp/ton - 91
NM/Ton - 154

Baleno Boosterjet

Power - 111 bhp
Torque - 170 NM
Bhp/ton - 110
NM/Ton - 169

...And a manual transmission.
saion666 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 16:05   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Only one flaw there buddy.......boot both options and get the Italian that stings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
No prospects for the 'other woman' the Abarth Punto
I am already stretching my budget if I buy the GT. The Italian GF that stings is just way too much for me at the moment. So not even going to TD it because if I do I know I will have to stretch like an elastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Well written!! :).... Since A is where your heart is, .......Since you are ok with the GT TSI budget, why not the Titatium+ with 6 airbags?
Thanks Sir! You are an Automatics Guru!! I check your thread regularly :)
If I have to spend anything more than 8.5L then I start looking towards the GT.
So it is like get the GT or buy Figo Trend, save some money and have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Man, that post just shows your creativity rl:! Hats off.
Are you okay with a divorced mature lady who is a lot more capable?....
Also, why is the Figo 1.5L DCT not in the consideration set? Any particular reason?....
Thanks much GTO! My family trusts my choice completely so anyone is fine for them :). Never thought of Jetta before. Also had pre-worshipped Civic in mind. Let me see if I can find any of the two.
Figo 1.5L DCT was also in consideration. Test drove GT and Figo 1.5L DCT in two days back to back. Somehow I just could not compare the two. Felt GT to be far more superior in all aspects. Then TDed Figo Diesel and man I was blown away. Almost GT-like smile on my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_breakfree View Post
In the words of legendary Bob Marley ....choose GT TSI here....
Very true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo_ankit View Post
Having had fun with "A", I can safely say.....
All the best & btw, excellent writing skills! Cheers
Thanks Ankit! Kitna deti hai :) ?
My current ride gives me max 10kmpl on Petrol so anything better than that is fine for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiya.c View Post
lol:
In such a situation I would personally go for the GT TSI, the dream girl :D .
But one thing I could not understand is why you have not compared the Figo with GT TDI...
GT TSI is just awesome. After watching Karan's video on Figo I gave up on GT TDI :).

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav_j View Post
... recommend you to get married to the Ford Figo....Have upgraded the wheels to Hankook and Momo Revenge :D
Wow. She looks fabulous man! Loved the wheels and the Cobra :)
Old 31st December 2015, 16:09   #67
BHPian

Innovative post. I have recently driven both your prospective brides for helping a friend marry.
'A' is way more fun to be with and I think marriage between a car and her man should be based on the quantum of pleasure that one gets out of it.
'B' is good. However, her elder sibling had a much better body, albeit weaker legs.
For me build quality is extremely important and the new Figo disappointed me. 'A' may have reports of niggles but go with your heart.
mrinmoy_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 16:56   #68
BHPian

What an amazing thread?! I loved it. I laughed while reading all of it. 100 marks for creativity, sir.

A is extremely hot, have myself went out on a date with her and we made out once but soon I realized she is going to be hard on my pocket and my lifestyle and we never saw each other again. (My family owns a VW Vento)

B is very immature. True, she is very responsible and fun loving but she lacks experience. Hence, I would suggest to go for B's elder sister i.e. Ford Figo Titanium or + which is more safe .You will be living happily ever after.
kvsingh13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 21:10   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Copying from the scoop thread:

Baleno Boosterjet

Power - 111 bhp
Torque - 170 NM
Bhp/ton - 110
NM/Ton - 169

...And a manual transmission.

Will it be launched in India? The reports suggest otherwise. Also NVH levels and suspension isn't upto the mark. Three cylinder engines aren't quiet at all.

http://www.rushlane.com/suzuki-balen...-12173569.html
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...sterjet-review
Old 31st December 2015, 22:58   #70
BHPian

Been married to one of A's sisters for last 2 years. Yes. she is expensive. She has bit of an attitude. But when you take her with you on those long drives, when she flaunts her looks on the road, when people look at her with envy... it feels worth it. Your marriage to A may not last long but she will make every minute of your time with her unforgettable. Can't say anything about B. Never met her.
Mithrandir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 00:18   #71
Senior - BHPian

This lady is a tomboy and at Rs. 9.95L ex showroom is par for the course on pricing

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3855173

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock View Post
I am already stretching my budget if I buy the GT. The Italian GF that stings is just way too much for me at the moment. So not even going to TD it because if I do I know I will have to stretch like an elastic.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 07:54   #72
BHPian

capslock, Good one! Hahaha, You put a smile on the dial of a middle-aged man!

I will go against the general trend and say go for the Polo GT - for the simple reason that any car (hilarious comparisons aside) is not a lifetime commitment. You will change it in 3 / 5 / 10 years. So, go for the one that really tugs your heart.

I am presuming you are a young man - go for the car that will leave you with fond memories decades down the track, not the safe and boring alternative. Those can come in the future! Almost all of my friends who used to be crazy bikers/petrol-heads (like me) have "sobered up", haven't ridden a bike for 20 years and are driving boring white-goods on wheels like 4 cyl Camrys (here & in the US). I am not mentioning the Indian equivalents as I don't want to offend non-petrol heads

As a personal example, in my youth I managed to get one of the first batches of Yamaha RX100s - that little terrier of a bike has left me with so many fond memories.
LTAutoMad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 08:02   #73
BHPian

Nicely scripted dilemma CAPSLOCK!

Having been married to A for 4 months now, can't really complain.

GT TSI still manages to bring a smile to the face on every drive, be it the silence of the cabin, the robust built quality and of course the amazing TSI + DSG combo.

If that's the feeling you get everytime you step out with the lovely A, would you trade in this feeling, just because you go for a high spending date every once in a while?

Normal city commute mileage with GT is around 12.5 kmpl for me, with 100% AC and 80% Gurgaon traffic.

Reliability of the 2015 DSG is yet to be tested, but as of now, don't recall any horror stories. The A.S.S might be a touch and go, but with a good relationship with the sales manager at VW, things can go either ways. That is even true for a Ford.

At the end of the day, the current Figo is not the same as the older sibling. If you are willing to stretch your budget, the heart has already made the decision for you. No risk, no reward! The Polo GT TSI is my recommendation.
prateekswarup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 19:17   #74

You can surely go for B as I can say from my elder brother's marriage to her yesterday and do I have to even say he is very much happy with his decision with the golden damsel!!
yeleravee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 21:55   #75
ZMG
BHPian

This one was insanely creative!!
Well I would say Marry A!

You live once, make it worthwhile.
Or do a thing, toss a coin, assign sides to each one.
Now when the coin is in air, you will wish for it to land one side.
Go for that one!!

Cheers
ZMG is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks