Team-BHP - Urgent help needed on Palio 1.2
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Urgent help needed on Palio 1.2 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/17814-urgent-help-needed-palio-1-2-a.html)

I am planning to book 1.2ELX in a couple of days. If I book now can I get a make of Aug/Sep 06. My dealer says the earliest one can get is of jun/july 06 make since it takes about 3 months for the car to be made available to him.
Can I trust him or is he thrusting an old stock on me.

Thanx.

He is pushing an old stock vehicle to you. I have seen people get Aug/Sep'06 made Palio's.

you ,ust tell your dealer that you want aug sep manufactured car or the deal is off. Having said that , a jun/jul car would also have no problems since 3 months is nothing in the larger scheme of things- what you need ot worry about is cars that have been lying around for 8 to 10 months- thi smay happen in case of Petras since these cars hardly sell. But Palio sales have picked up now and chances are that the really old stock may have been sold already.

O.T.- two years back a friend in Delhi bought a mondeo. His driver went to take delivery and it was only when he got the RC that he realised that the car was actually 10 months old!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhanan
I am planning to book 1.2ELX in a couple of days. If I book now can I get a make of Aug/Sep 06. My dealer says the earliest one can get is of jun/july 06 make since it takes about 3 months for the car to be made available to him.
Can I trust him or is he thrusting an old stock on me.

Thanx.

I am also looking for palio 1.6 in Hyderabad. May be we can get together and ask the dealer for the latest ones and not the stock. Let me know if you are interested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by windsurfer
I am also looking for palio 1.6 in Hyderabad. May be we can get together and ask the dealer for the latest ones and not the stock. Let me know if you are interested.

1.6 is supposed to be made to order- Hence I doubt you will get old stock there, if it is really made to order!

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
1.6 is supposed to be made to order- Hence I doubt you will get old stock there, if it is really made to order!

agree: But there seems to be some stocks for 1.6 as well and if you are not aware of it, dealers would push it as new car. That is what happened to me with one of the TATA dealers.

Thanx for the responses guys. I think I will insist that he delivers the latest make.

Windsurfer
No problem, I have struck a great deal at Concorde, he is offering a very good discount ( around 90K) also. And I just spoke to him, he assured me he will give the latest make.
If you are interested contact me on 9848781122.

Hey Dhanan , Why didnt you just go in for the 1.6 instead of the 1.2 ?? The 1.2 is pretty sluggish with the AC on and in heavy traffic its like driving a tank ( actually a tank may be better ) !!

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhanan
Thanx for the responses guys. I think I will insist that he delivers the latest make.

Windsurfer
No problem, I have struck a great deal at Concorde, he is offering a very good discount ( around 90K) also. And I just spoke to him, he assured me he will give the latest make.
If you are interested contact me on 9848781122.

Dhanan it's always not advisable to post personal mobile numbers .Pls use PM function for the same.Good luck and Wishes for the new Palio.It rocks man

Khadu,
Fuel efficiency is important to me hence my decision to go for 1.2.
Otherwise I had jump at the 1.6 without thinking.

Thil,
Yes I had realised it after I pressed the submit button. Unfortunately the posts cant be edited once submitted.