Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2006, 15:15   #1

VFM question. Getz GVS or New Fusion?

Folks,
A difficult comparion.

Dealers quote for Getz GLS is 477700 on road including discounts.
Include extra Rs 5100 for remote key less entry which the fusion provides.

Fusion OTR is 633,000.

Seems like both cars have more or less similar FE. The power difference is about 20 bhps. We might have 5 passengers on road at times but not too keen on 100+ Km speeds.

I love the looks and comfort of Fusion but not sure of resale or A** issues.
Getz seems to be best bet for small cars.

Confused and not able to decide between these two.

Given the price difference between Gets GLS and Fusion, purely from VFM perspective (features, safety, road handling, resale etc), which one do you folks suggest? I am looking for reasons to convince myself with one or the other choice besides the obvious price difference.

Thanks for any additional insights.
Old 15th October 2006, 18:41   #2
BANNED

I would think the GETZ.. solely for the maintainence of a Hyundai being cheaper than a Ford...
Old 15th October 2006, 19:08   #3
BHPian

i would advise the new fusion.because the fusion is a very practical car,is powerful and has good driveability.also the new fusion's interiors are much better and improved.i feel the build quality is better than the getz's too.
Old 15th October 2006, 19:33   #4
BHPian

Unless you're so crazy for performance oriented cars, the wise decision here would be Getz. Ford Fusion ofocurse is a much better car for performance and handling. Interiors may be also better in Fusion. Looks are subjective so no point in commenting on that. But the high price for a hatchback doesnt make the Fusion VFM at all.

Getz wins here for the VFM factor. It's got a good interior space and ride comfort than Fusion. FE also I guess the Getz has a slight edge over fusion. Not much sure about that though.

For excellent service and cheaper spare parts cost Getz again wins over Fusion.
Old 15th October 2006, 22:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Resale (or depreciation) is one of the most important factor in VFM and Getz would have better resale. Add to it the fact that Getz costs much lesser to start with so the obvious winner from VFM perspective is Getz. Not to mention that Hyundai a.s.s. is better than Ford.
Old 15th October 2006, 22:38   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Getz. After SS, Resale Value, Lower Maintenance costs.

The Fusion's 1.6L engine is a stonker to drive, but you've ruled out spirited driving. All roads lead to the Getz, in this vote.
Old 15th October 2006, 22:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

My choice is Getz for you, If you are not bothered about After Sale service, resale value, minor issues (indian ford cars are supposed to give problems once 2+ years old) then go for Fusion since it has more space than getz I feel although I haven't travelled much in Fusion except few occasions...

Between these two Getz is winner any day

If you compare Swift/Getz/Fusion then Swift is winner overall but if you think balance between practicality and value buy then its Getz!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 15th October 2006, 22:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

Getz GLS for 4.7lacs on road ....GVS is sold at that rate here....

As far as VFM goes it has to be Getz else Fusion should be considered....

But as u can stretch your budget till Fusion there are some cars with VFM that fall in that category do u mind considering them or is it fixed choosing b/w the given two choices....

KP
Old 15th October 2006, 22:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

I vote for Fusion for its

1.Big car feel for 5.69 lacks(ex-showroom)
2.Looks
3.Space
4.DEsign
5.Engine
6.Build quality

-ves for Fusion
1.REsale value
2.Mileage
3.Maintenence cost

but at the end of the day , I am sure I wont regret this over Swift or Getz.
Old 15th October 2006, 23:13   #10
BHPian

I presume you hate the FIAT's A**

In this choice its a no brainer that we would advice you on going for the Korean but I suggest that you atleast give the FIAT ADVENTURE/Palio 1.6 a test drive before you plonk your money on the HYUNDAI. I am not promoting the FIAT but since you got the American in here as a choice I thought you would do well to test drive an Italian. Test it just for the heck of it because with my experience the A** of the American and the Italian are the same and the thing in favour of the ITALIAN is that the spare parts and service are far far cheaper. Bye and wear your seatbelts when mounting your horse.
Old 15th October 2006, 23:28   #11
Senior - BHPian

if you are looking for a bit of excitement in your new car & better looks, then the fusion is way ahead of the getz. as far as resale value is concerned, these 2 cars are on even keel. both haven't really stormed the market. fusion is more spacious, better looking & a better performer.
Old 16th October 2006, 01:17   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
.. as far as resale value is concerned, these 2 cars are on even keel. both haven't really stormed the market.
Very well said.
Getz is not VFM with that price tag. Actually, both cars are a bit over-expensive. Since resale is not good for both cars, you should sideline that factor.

Fusion Diesel - Where is it !!!
Old 16th October 2006, 02:06   #13

Correction inside my post. It is Gets GVS and not GLS . Sorry for the typo. The title has it correctly. Mods, Please correct this.
Old 16th October 2006, 03:50   #14

safety?

Could anyone comment on the safety aspects of Getz and Fusion?

Getz seems to have this blind spot problem around corners. How severe is this? Does fusion feel any better(crash handling) as far as safety is concerned.

The following article states that Getz is the worst among all small cars in terms crash safety even in Australia with better road safety regulations.

Small car death trap article with Getz accident statistics.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/9/...ectid=10400598

Any comments on safety(crash or otherwise) on Fusion vs Getz?
Old 16th October 2006, 09:08   #15
BHPian

i think if you are much concerned about saftey features.. you may go for a loaded SWIFT. it is priced between gets and fusion. and has a good resale value.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks