Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2006, 16:18   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
@Roms : please do not take it personal. ....of course there are quite a few happy palio owners here.

i was only helping him make a more sensible decision. cheers
No issues my friend,I know you are trying to help with whatever you've known about the Palio from your friends experience.
And I agree there are niggling problems on some Fiats,nothing major,but yes there are more cars with niggling issues than totally trouble free cars.But the engines are generally trouble free and will go the distance if taken care off very well.Its the same situation with Swifts,with almost every car having some small issue or the other(check this forum),but the Esteem engines will go the distance.
The thing that is to be realised here is that the A.S.S is improving for Fiats now.I've experienced it first hand.Its no longer a nightmare that it used to be.But its still not a cake walk.You just need a good tata-fiat dealer around.In any case,you need a good dealer even if you buy any other brand,be it Hyundai or Maruti.
Taking all this into consideration,when you can save upto 1.2 lakhs over a similar car,I think its worth taking the plunge.
Once you are in the driver's seat though,all other issues are taken care off by the driving experience.Its that good.Fast_Furious,do TD a Palio 1.6.You might just fall for it.

Last edited by roms : 17th October 2006 at 16:29.
Old 17th October 2006, 16:42   #17
BHPian

Fast_Furious,

Go for the FIAT Palio ELX especially if the dealer is ready to give @ 3.4 l.At that price,it is a steal to buy.Don't go for GETZ as it is 1 L costlier and that you can use for sprucing up the Palio and the fuel charges and also GETZ does not have the punch like palio.Only positive aspect for GETZ you will have enough space to move your elbows around.
Old 17th October 2006, 17:03   #18
BHPian

Just to add a case here

My cousins own both a Palio 1.2 and a Getz, and while both take their respective cars to work everyday, they invariably fight with each other on weekends to take one out - the Getz.

Reason being - the Getz is more comfortable to drive in the city, and has a lot more power and space as well, and is far refined compared to the Palio. Also, the ride and stability at high speeds is better too (yes, its true)

And, having driven both their rides several times over, I tend to join in the fight for the Getz
Old 17th October 2006, 17:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
Reason being - the Getz is more comfortable to drive in the city, and has a lot more power and space as well, and is far refined compared to the Palio. Also, the ride and stability at high speeds is better too (yes, its true)

And, having driven both their rides several times over, I tend to join in the fight for the Getz
What refinement are you talking here? Is it the engine noise or something else?
Getz better at high speeds than Palio with that soft(y)sh suspension... BIG NO!
Old 17th October 2006, 17:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Friend

Whats happening here is a bit scary. You come in with a query about two cars, only to be hit by a volley of responses urging you to go for a car that:

1. Is a few years older than the other and due for replacement - has been replaced in a lot of countries.

2. Is less powerful.

3. Has a suspect A.$.$ history.

4. Has less interior space.

5. Has really bad interiors.

6. Has been abandoned by its manufacturer into the hands of a competitor who obviously has better things to do than look after someone else's child.

7. The main mode of After Sales Support for which is a group of 1000-odd vociforous people on a free internet site.

This used to happen before and there is no reason for this sort of ouijha-board type of group hypnosis to happen again since the company concerned is yet to make its strategy for this country clear - outsourcing support to someone else is more of an exit strategy than a re-entry strategy.

I have no doubt that all those here who have urged you to go for the Palio have good experiences to share. However, at the end of the day its your hard-earned money and you need to make a logical decision as to where you want to plonk your $$$.

Everyone here has had a chance to say what they want, and before this degenerates into yet another of those old threads may I suggest to the moderators that this be locked until you are able to to make a logical decision?

Just FYI this topic has been debated on this forum on several occassions in the past. Search and you will find responses

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

AND

HERE

.....amongst others.

Last edited by Steeroid : 17th October 2006 at 17:44.
Old 17th October 2006, 17:37   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
What refinement are you talking here? Is it the engine noise or something else?
The engine response at any rpm & the NVH levels inside the cabin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
Getz better at high speeds than Palio with that soft(y)sh suspension... BIG NO!
Exactly my first reaction - but the real thing proved otherwise.
Old 17th October 2006, 17:41   #22
BHPian

Completely agree with you, Steer.

Practicality is no match for radical fanboyism.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks