Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2006, 10:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

[SIZE=2]1. Yes the view thru the OE mirror is less. I suggest you can fit a bigger aftermarket mirror over it. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]2.If you can afford the ZXi then go for it. The safety features are well worth the money. I just love the confidence the ABS gives me during rains. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]3. Accessories depends on personal choice.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]4. The remote keyless entry that comes stock is pretty good and buttons are a little hard to rpevent accidental pressing. So no fears of it.[/SIZE]
Old 3rd November 2006, 10:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey
1. The view through the inside rear view mirror is very minimal. In fact I feel that this is lesser than that of even my current Wagon R
I would think that this is due to the design/build of the Swift. Best way is to use both the inside and outside RVMs.

Quote:
2. Which version to buy. I can afford the Zxi, but is it really needed
After looking around at some sedans, my Dad has also narrowed down to the Swift and has the same confusion. The difference between Lxi & Vxi is not much (27K), but from Vxi to Zxi, it's a big jump of 82K.

The Zxi is actually in Esteem/Ikon territory and even close to Baleno Lxi prices. Looks like we will be going for Vxi, which means we would not get the following :

Automatic climate control, Driver seat height adjustment, Rear parcel shelf, Rear window wiper / demister, Alloys & wider tyres, Airbags, ABS with EBD, Keyless entry + some other small stuff.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 3rd November 2006 at 10:36.
Old 3rd November 2006, 10:52   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Looks like we will be going for Vxi, which means we would not get the following :..........ABS with EBD,......some other small stuff.
My suggestion would be to get the ABS-equipped version of the VXi. It's just 20K extra over the normal VXi and the safety is well worth the extra cost.

When I was looking to buy my Swift, we (the family) had this big argument over to go VXi-ABS or plain VXi. I stuck to my guns, so we eventually got the ABS.

Now my sister and bro-in-law sometimes wonder why they ever thought ABS was non-essential.

Roads and pedestrians like ours, and the crazy drivers out there, it is really worth it.
Old 3rd November 2006, 10:56   #19
BHPian

I suggest you go for the zxi if you can afford it ...
Old 3rd November 2006, 11:02   #20
BHPian

Quote:
The Zxi is actually in Esteem/Ikon territory and even close to Baleno Lxi prices. Looks like we will be going for Vxi, which means we would not get the following :

Automatic climate control, Driver seat height adjustment, Rear parcel shelf, Rear window wiper / demister, Alloys & wider tyres, Airbags, ABS with EBD, Keyless entry + some other small stuff.
Supreme, Actually if somebody has got that extra moolah then its always advisable to go for ZXI, It really worth the price if you see the package. For an intelligent car buyer it should not matter which territory does it land into (esteem/baleno), He need just buy a good, safe, VFM car.
Old 3rd November 2006, 11:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

VXI is value buy, for resale value vxi is really good, zxi fetches max. 30K extra although for new vehicle we pay 80K extra. IF you can afford buy zxi since you use it for 6 years. resale won't matters a lot and in 6 years from now even used car shoppers will start giving importance to safety stuffslike abs/air bag etc...

Ravi.
Old 3rd November 2006, 11:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J
Supreme, Actually if somebody has got that extra moolah then its always advisable to go for ZXI, It really worth the price if you see the package. For an intelligent car buyer it should not matter which territory does it land into (esteem/baleno), He need just buy a good, safe, VFM car.
I agree that Zxi is a good package, mainly due to the safety features like airbags and ABS. It also helps that it has Auto climate control and alloys+wider tyres. Affordability is also not an issue here. Resale value is also not an issue because we keep cars for a long, long time.

However, one thing that seems to have put my Dad off the Zxi is what he heard from someone about the airbags. He was told that if due to some reason the airbags were deployed accidentally, the cost of putting them back is very high. Anyone has any idea how true this is ?

And ofcourse, he does not attach much value to alloys, climate control etc. And being a pretty sane and slow driver, he does not think the ABS would be of much use. Hence the decision to go Vxi.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 3rd November 2006 at 11:32.
Old 3rd November 2006, 13:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:
However, one thing that seems to have put my Dad off the Zxi is what he heard from someone about the airbags. He was told that if due to some reason the airbags were deployed accidentally, the cost of putting them back is very high. Anyone has any idea how true this is ?
I think its covered under insurance...
Old 3rd November 2006, 14:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

About airbags and plastics (dash board etc..) they won't covered by insurance, I checked with many and also seen few questions in TBHP by others what it costs to putting back airbag once deployed how much it costs, I didn't get and see any answer to this since Swift accidents I heard so far airbag didn't get deployed (may be because of accident situvation and sensitivity of accident ..) but some one told me putting air bag back and giving dash board to right shape might cost around 40K for swift, around 1 lac for bigger cars like innova etc.. (this is just what I heard definately not actual price)

Insurance won't cover any fiber/plastic stuffs ...

Bottomline airbags not worth but if you give importance to it its worth ABS, seat belt play important role than airbag for sure!

Ravi.

PS May be someone contact maruti customer support and find out how much it costs for air bag
Old 3rd November 2006, 16:01   #25
BHPian

Hi guys,

I need help in finalizing the accessories that will go in to Swift. Here is my list. Please help me in getting a ball park on costs and models. I've made up my mind on the Vxi variant:

1. Aura alloys + Bridgestone Turanzas in exchange of stock set. Please let me know indicative prices and places.
2. SunFilm. I think Garware or Vcool should do. I need suggestions and indicative prices
3. ICE: I think I might go with pioneer/Blaupunkt/Alpine HUs, and coaxials all round. The HU should play CD/MP3/WMA formats. I'm not a great fan of music, so please put in your recommendations. I'll not exceed 15K on ICE. I've done a round with the ICE section and cannot make up my mind.
4. Headlight upgrade. I'll be putting in 90/100 Phillips rally with roots wiring and ceramic holder and mico/roots relays. Please let me know indicative pricing
5. Horn upgrade: I went through the "Swift sweet sounding horn" thread. i'm still confused and have not got the model (Roots/Mico) for a Octavia/Optra sounding horn, place to get it and indicative price.
6. Seat Covers: Simple stuff, nothing fancy. please suggest brands and indicative pricing.
7. Any suggestions on place to buy things like Mudflaps, mats, car cover, clock etc. Indicative prices will be great.
8. Any other accessory that would make life easier at the wheel of a Swift would help.

Hmmm.... guys, If I'd not joined this forum, I'll be asking these questions to the maruti dealer and getting nicely ripped off.

Regards,

lsjey

Last edited by lsjey : 3rd November 2006 at 16:15.
Old 8th November 2006, 17:23   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

I need help in finalizing the accessories that will go in to Swift. Here is my list. Please help me in getting a ball park on costs and models. I've made up my mind on the Vxi variant:

1. Aura alloys + Bridgestone Turanzas in exchange of stock set. Please let me know indicative prices and places.
2. SunFilm. I think Garware or Vcool should do. I need suggestions and indicative prices
3. ICE: I think I might go with pioneer/Blaupunkt/Alpine HUs, and coaxials all round. The HU should play CD/MP3/WMA formats. I'm not a great fan of music, so please put in your recommendations. I'll not exceed 15K on ICE. I've done a round with the ICE section and cannot make up my mind.
4. Headlight upgrade. I'll be putting in 90/100 Phillips rally with roots wiring and ceramic holder and mico/roots relays. Please let me know indicative pricing
5. Horn upgrade: I went through the "Swift sweet sounding horn" thread. i'm still confused and have not got the model (Roots/Mico) for a Octavia/Optra sounding horn, place to get it and indicative price.
6. Seat Covers: Simple stuff, nothing fancy. please suggest brands and indicative pricing.
7. Any suggestions on place to buy things like Mudflaps, mats, car cover, clock etc. Indicative prices will be great.
8. Any other accessory that would make life easier at the wheel of a Swift would help.

Hmmm.... guys, If I'd not joined this forum, I'll be asking these questions to the maruti dealer and getting nicely ripped off.

Regards,

lsjey
Hi there..
A good decision at last!
I have bought a Swift Vxi couple of months back and have covered around 4k KM so far. I would say, its an awsome car. Size of the car and Rear View are always a concern, but you will get use to it in few days.I am getting a mileage of 12 on an average, with 50-60% AC ON, with XtraPremium petrol. On highway I could get 17 with 100% AC on, as a maximum figure.
Now, coming to the accessories,
a) Not sure of rubber cost, I have settled with the stock tyres.
b) I managed to get LLumar sunfilm as a freebee from the showroom.I have heard that 3M and Llumar are good.
c) ICE:Went for Pioneer HU (5850),JBL Component speakers in front, Blaupunkt rear speakers, Sony AMP & Sony Xplod Subwoofer. Cost: 23k.
Done from Autoshop, near to Forum Mall. I would say, I just love it
d)Light : no changes done, not sure of the price difference.
e) Horn: Went for Roots, sounding similar to Skoda, costed around 800/-. Bought from Autoshop.
f)Seat Covers: went for imported art leather, costed 3800/-.
g)Mud flaps,mats, a ganesh idol and may be a car fershner etc you get as an offer from the shoroom itself.

Hope this helps.
All the very best
Regards
Menon
Old 9th November 2006, 10:33   #27
BHPian

menonrajesh,

thanks a ton man. It was really helpful. Can you post the contact nos of Autoshop?

Regards,

lsjey
Old 9th November 2006, 11:31   #28
BHPian

lsjey,
The contact person at Autoshop is Mr Sooraj and his number is 9886001204.
Rgds
Rajesh Menon
Old 9th November 2006, 22:27   #29
BHPian

as you have said that your not a performance enthusiast,if u want space,you better go for fusion but in the terms of cost and service swift is best..
Old 14th December 2006, 16:27   #30
BHPian

Guys,

Like Isgey I drive a Wagon R 2000 model, planning to upgrade the car. Being used to high seating in wagon R and the traffic in Bangalore made me short list 3 cars - 1. Swift , 2. Getz , 3.Fusion. Test drove all the three.My comments :

Swift: good car, good pickup - almost settled for a red ZXI, when I received a lot of neg feedback on the car.Lot of rattling and inside sounds after 3 months of use. build quality not to the mark is the general feedback. some feedback that mileage is 10Kms in City!

Getz: liked for the build quality, but poor pickup and bad fuel efficiency(for thatpickup)

Fusion: Good car with the best pick up and good feedback on the fuel efficiency for that power(11 Kms in Bangalore city with AC), Excellent build quality and good features- Keyless entry,approach lights, DTE indicator, Immobilizer...Yes the maintenence is realtively more, but feedback is 50% more than maruti which I am OK. Also I am a driving enthusiast so i need a heavy car on highways (1140kgs!). 5.69 L is a good buy(I believe)..

Guys do you think I made a good decision to buy Fusion? Any neg feedbacks on the car

Most Viewed