Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2006, 18:39   #1
BHPian

Hi everybody,
Please approve this mail admins. This is my third request. I'm very eagerly waiting for purchasing New WagonR Lxi model and as their is not many reviews and views about this car, I would like to clarify whether this is a good car for a family of 4 and does this car doesn't have any trouble?? Please provide any suggestions to me. Thank you.

Kiran.
Old 3rd November 2006, 01:23   #2
BHPian

Hi Kiran, I own a 2004 LXi. Its a delightful car to drive and best for city conditions like Bengaluru. I am looking for a second car (obviously a saloon) but dont have any confusions whether to keep this car or not. I get 12 KMpl in City and on highways i have got as much as 19Kmpl on my Pune-Bangalore trip last year. No problems, have gone to service centers only to do the scheduled services. Lots of space, much better than Santro and even the Swift. Swift is definitelt better car, but not on space.

Go for the Vxi if your pocket permits. It has ABS and Airbags, which would be great safety for you and your family.

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 3rd November 2006 at 01:24.
Old 3rd November 2006, 01:40   #3
bhp
BHPian

wagonR is a good car even i have owned one in the past and i have never faced any major issues with it....the new wagonR has good features and is quite comfortable for 4 and also has an option of LPG which is good considering the increase in fuel prices....one of the most easiest car 2 drive in the city all thanks to the electronic power steering....

i would prefer the wagonR compared to a santro anyday
Old 3rd November 2006, 04:01   #4
BHPian

New Wagon R Lxi buying?? Yes or No

Most definitely YES! You will get a car that's a true value-for-money package. I drive a WagonR VXi and have never had a problem with it so far. It is a great drive and you can load tons of luggage in it and still carry 4 people in reasonable decent comfort. I have done fairly long distances on it and always enjoyed the trips.
Old 3rd November 2006, 10:53   #5
BHPian

oh.... thank u very much guys. this has surely inspired confidence in me to go for it. Thanks once again. Will be back after i buy....
Old 3rd November 2006, 12:13   #6
BHPian

Kiran,

I own a Wagon R (2000 model). It is becoming very difficult for me atleast to find a reasonable argument to change even after 6 years. The amount of storage space is amazing. maruti has done great job in this area. I never had any trouble with the car.

Would suggest that you go for the Vxi. It is great VFM.

Regards,
lsjey
Old 3rd November 2006, 14:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey Kiran,

New zen with much much better look than wagonR and it comes with wagonR's engine is due in couple of weeks. Please wait and decide by this month end. New zen has very good interiors according to Maruti workers.

I am sure its worth a wait !

New Zen and WagonR both are too tall so don't expect speedy driving on highways when you need to take turn, I saw few guys telling wagonR and Santro not stable on higways because they try to negotiate turns without changing gears or without slowing down. Swift we need not slow down for small turns since vehicle is not tall but tall cars like wagonR, Santor, Versa, Omni needs some gearshift and one has to slow down little bit in turns.

Over all WagonR is very good package but New Zen will be definately great package from Maruthi.

As per me one who intend to buy wagonR petrol should buy New Zen since only difference between these 2 is new zen has better look and great interior.

Ravi.
Old 4th November 2006, 02:00   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat
New zen with much much better look than wagonR and it comes with wagonR's engine is due in couple of weeks.
Are you sure. I thooght the first to roll out would be New Baleno is March 07. Did you read this anywhere?
Old 4th November 2006, 03:06   #9

I own an '05 Zen LXi and my younger bro' drives his '04 WagonR LXi. I love both these cars for different reasons. I get that sporty feeling of a low rider in my Zen. My younger bro' who is 6'2" prefers a car he can walk in and walk out of. Both cars offer good visibility unlike Indica which has an oddball driving position and vague steering height.

Now again, the New WagonR has more weighty feel as opposed to the older vehicle that had over assisted, ultra light power steering. WagonR has great low end torque and the light steering makes it a breeze to drive in the city. My recommendation would be go in for the higher end with ABS and dual SRS airbags....not the LPG duo....and you wont be disappointed. Cheers!
Old 4th November 2006, 17:45   #10
BHPian

Some things to consider:
For 80-90% city driving, Check out the DUO, will be a huge cost saver in the long run, but you may have to compromise on the power a bit. But, if you are looking for a car for long drives with family, DUO may not be good option cos the spare wheel occupies most of the boot.!

Cars in the pipeline, new zen, chevy spark (matiz) and a facelifted palio with 1.1 engine...and a whole lot of new gen diesel cars....so if you want to wait, these will add to your list of options (or confusions whatever you may call it )
Old 5th November 2006, 02:24   #11
BHPian

I drove WagonR (think it was 2002 model) from delhi to Jaipur on the new expressway then and I did 110kph without any probs with 4 people and baggage in the boot and I was following a Zen all the way !!! . Nodoubt a small and low clearance car will have greater perf but taller model have their own advantage(space). The only problem that I have with WagonR is the look and zen looks much better but we have to have a compromise somehere!!! It is quite possible that I might end with wagonR VXi model !
Old 5th November 2006, 09:18   #12
Senior - BHPian

What I have read in magazines likes Autocar india and few web sites is

1. Nov or DEC 2006 -> New ZEN and New Baleno
2. Dec2006 or Jan 2007 -> Swift Deisel
3. 2007 middle -> New Esteem on swift's platform

4 months back when I had long chat with Maruti employee he said after or during deewali festival new zen launch is planned and followed by couple of launches including swift diesel.

New zen has great interiors, MUL has realized they need to provide better interiors, so they designed new interior for new wagonR and new zen has still better interior.

Difference between wagonR and new zen is in terms of outside looks and cosmetic difference in interiors nothing else. Technically both share same platform and same engine as per source, But we need to wait and waitch

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 5th November 2006, 18:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

Yes go ahead with WagonR. Myself own 2004 Lxi.

Nothing much wrong with the car, except the engine is a bit coarse. Interiors not as good as Santro.
New WagonR has lots of improvements over the older one. Thats apart from the new exterior.
Old 6th November 2006, 10:13   #14
BHPian

ok.......so i'm deciding to wait for a few weeks for the new Zen and then decide. So wht do u think about cost? In Same price range of New WagonR or even less than it? If its less and as u ppl pointed out great interiors then it would be worth the wait.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks