Team-BHP - Help me choose - Getz or Palio GTX
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Help me choose - Getz or Palio GTX (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/18761-help-me-choose-getz-palio-gtx-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by elf
Thanks roms, though I always give unbiased opinions.
Dunno which post of mine you found bias in...:confused:

Elf,buddy I meant finally someone on this particular thread gave an unbiased opinion.

Hi Praneet,

I will try and offer my advice not based on my being a Getz owner. Being in the repairs and modifications trade I have come across and driven /repaired almost all the cars available here from Premier Padmini's to top of the line Mercs. I have about 20 years of driving experience behind me and I speak from pure experience and not heresay or googled/magazine reports.

Would recommend the Getz any day as it will offer better resale value is very spacious and gives you a very assuring drive. Spares are very reasonable and Hyundai Service network in India is the 2nd largest after Maruti. Hyundai cars are very reliable and parts seldom fail.

It may not be the most favoured car but IMO is far better all around and not in any single area than the swift, palio, Chevy SRV, Indica (diff price ranges but hatches).

At the end of the day it is your call.

Viper

Just some facts about Palio 1.6, it has got: Superior Ride Comfort, Excellent Build Quality, Amazing Performance, Spacious, After Sales Service has definitly improved post Fiat-Tata tieup, Spare prices are reasonable (Check the Spares Comparison done in the latest AutoCar issue, Palio spares are cheaper than Swift!). However, Resale value is not that good.
You need to buy Palio only if you are planning to keep it for atleast 5 - 6 years.

head---------------getz
heart-------------- palio 1.6
head and heart-----maybe the swift

manson.

Manson - head and heart individually "yes" SWIFT not even being considered. So guys there is still no verdit on this - i am even more confused now. Getz / Palio or should i wait for getz crdi ??????

Come on help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper
Hi Praneet,

.....It may not be the most favoured car but IMO is far better all around and not in any single area than the swift, palio, Chevy SRV, Indica (diff price ranges but hatches).

At the end of the day it is your call.

Viper

Hi Viper,
That is a very balanced view you have put across. In fact, it is hard to give advice without getting one's own desires into focus. But if it were your own decision, which of these cars would you choose? No you don't have to answer that. It will only make things more difficult for Praneet.
I think I will keep you in mind for any future advice I need.

praneet wait on for the getz crdi, the present engine is WEAK, thats my only grudge against a getz apart from being a Hyundai.

manson.

Go for palio 1.6 If you want driving pleasure and if you drive very fast on highway, and If you need great pickup.

If you want practicality go for getz.

If person is ready to live with ratle sounds and one or other issues one has to go with Swift, I found 2 out of 3 swift owner is not happy with swift. First 6000KM my swift gave me lot of trouble, now at last its quiet good mailege is improved after 3rd service I guess this time service quality is good and engine noise has come down. Swift is good caron highway but
I suspect its brakes not so good and one gets tired for its cramped inside space, so its not practical car its just one car with great look and awesome road presense.

Swift is definately not hype its just indian mind which awarded it car of the year 2006! but its value buy if you can manage minor issues it gives. Maintenance wise its not cheap either.

I suggest palio for sure because of heavy discounts, but i heard very less palios available since production stopped for a while untill Fiat lands in its new plant (near Pune) in a month time.

Ravi.

There is another thread in which one of our friends shared his test drives and feel for Palio, getz and swift, .....

My opinion: Swift looks odd, getz looks like a family car, Palio for enthusiasts (not a small car though).

I think you should set your priorities and evaluate them for each car say space, ride, build, service, etc...

This is the other thread I am refering to

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-ca...st-driven.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper
Would recommend the Getz any day as it will offer better resale value is very spacious and gives you a very assuring drive. Spares are very reasonable and Hyundai Service network in India is the 2nd largest after Maruti. Hyundai cars are very reliable and parts seldom fail.

It may not be the most favoured car but IMO is far better all around and not in any single area than the swift, palio, Chevy SRV, Indica (diff price ranges but hatches).
Viper

I second that. I have owned Marutis, Hyundais and Ford. I can vouch for Hyundai service, having had first a Santro for five years now a Getz. The Getz is everything Viper said, it may not set your heart on fire, but, at the end of the day, it delivers on comfort, space (plenty of it), reliability, FE is not bad, and practicality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Praneet71
Hi,

I have been trying to find some thread that compares palio GTX and Hyundai Getz and couldnt find one. I am looking to change my car and cant deceide between these two. I believe there isnt too much of a difference between the price of the two, therefore this question.

Cheers

Question: Did you test drive the palio 1.6? If yes, then how come you have this doubt? lol:

If you are looking for performance, build quality no other car comes close... Yes, its a dated car due for replacement which is why you are getting it for a good price....

Getz is not a bad car at all.... I really liked the rear seat in the Getz..
and very practical car too... but it depends on what you like in a car....

My father drives a Getz .. I drive a Palio. Point.

We have a Getz GLS and a recently purchased Palio 1.6 Sport. Getz is driven by my elder brother and the Palio is mine. I would recommend the Palio 1.6 Sport. If you want to do a side to side comparison you are welcome any time.

ok bro here is a quick run-in for you

Performance: its like comparing getz with ikon, yup its 1.6 and 1080kg at that(heavier then new vtec and ikon) still has performance to make you forget resale value and stuff.

A.S.S : that was the only issue this car had so far my experience with tata has been more then satisfactory, parts are cheap oil-filter 75 rs. hyundai will provide you better service and support but its not that bad as one precieve. tata-fiat partnership has entered into second phase and its their for a long term you can relax.

Runnning cost: can anybody please tell me Avg from getz i guess its in the range of 12 -14 city/highway. now i and couple of recent buyers have been getting 11.5 with a light foot i have ripped it after 1000 still getting 10. are palio parts costly no sir, question is are you ready to follow your heart. take a test drive if you are going to own one for 5-6 years you should love it and feel proud everyday you step into it.

finally its going to be a bold decision if you ngo for palio. but i am seeing more 1.6 sports on the road now then ever before so maybe looking at that mouthwatering price and only one of its kind beauty, is it a bold decision afterall?

Thanks guys, so its going to be Palio 1.6. One of the main reasons for comparison was also after sales service and availability of spares besides the features that have been discussed. I know for a fact that Hyundai service is very good (thats personal experience) and wasnt too sure of Tata Fiat service standards.

Thanks for all the inputs.