Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2006, 19:33   #1
BHPian

Help me choose - Getz or Palio GTX

Hi,

I have been trying to find some thread that compares palio GTX and Hyundai Getz and couldnt find one. I am looking to change my car and cant deceide between these two. I believe there isnt too much of a difference between the price of the two, therefore this question.

My driving is restricted to 20-25km per day but i generally keep a car for 5-6 years.

Looking for :

Performance
Relaibility

Cheers
Old 6th November 2006, 20:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

If its performance... It should be "Palio 1.6". Nothing comes close this... Italians only know how to design performance cars apart from making pasta .

Cheers
NeoOnWheels
Palio 1.2 Sport / 13 KMPL / AND IT ROCKS!!!
Old 6th November 2006, 22:16   #3
BHPian

hey Praneet,

try www.indiacar.com , u can select & compare tech specs of almost all the cars.

IMO, u shud go in for the palio dude, just got my 1.2elx last week, it's a bit sluggish on the pickup, but i can swear on the build quality man. the 1.6 totally rocks.i suggest u take a test drive of both the palio & getz to decide for yourself.
Old 7th November 2006, 01:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Call me biased. But recently came across 2-3 brand new canary yellow Palio 1.6. Yummy. Despite being nearly 4-5 year old design compared to Getz, it looks far better than Getz. Simply no match! Swift being commonly seen car, Palio still looks hot. And of course, it rides hot too

Having said that, Getz is supposed to be very practical car compared to Palio and Swift.
Old 7th November 2006, 01:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

Go for palio if you want performance. Getz isnt a bad car i drove it 3 - 4 days ago it was nice comfy car. Though if you are going for performance then go for 1.6 palio and not 1.2.

Getz looses to palio 1.6 until and unless its tuned by Viper
Old 7th November 2006, 03:51   #6
BHPian

praneet first the warning: this is not the best place to seek unbiased advice on palio.

they have brainwashed me into taking one, a yellow 1.6 its giving me avg of 11. its performance is mind boggling, reliability is no issue here, drive it a 140 and see how it feels so stable so composed take palio 1.6 you have one life dude do it a favor.

Last edited by fight_club : 7th November 2006 at 03:53.
Old 7th November 2006, 09:00   #7
BWN
BHPian

For your kind of usage, both the cars seem to be good enough, but always consider factors like your driving style, your family size etc also.

Palio is good for enthusiasts who are not much concerned about mileage(though its almost equall to getz).Getz is more practical and spacious + *** is comparatively miles ahead.

Why swift doesn't find a mention here(just curious) ??
Old 7th November 2006, 09:27   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Having said that, Getz is supposed to be very practical car compared to Palio and Swift.
I'd like to know what do you mean by practical car ?

I can say a km difference in mileage between palio and getz/swift and may be a 20ltr more boot space in getz than palio, but you get all other things such as build quality, reliability and more over performance.

Its just sheer pleasure driving it at 150KMPH and its got a amazing stability tooo.

If you like Palio, grab it now as it is selling at hefty discount.

visit www.paliousersindia.net
Old 7th November 2006, 10:22   #9
BHPian

Thanks guys for all tyour inputs. Buit what i make out is that there are too many Palio lovers here and there isnt any getz enthusiast here. Viper your comments on this.

BWN: I purposely didnt add Swift to this because we had one for 6 months and the car didnt impress me much (Thats personal - no offence to anyone who owns one). I believe Swift is a hype.
Old 7th November 2006, 10:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

You are from Pune.
Fiat is soon going to be based from Pune.
Tata Motors is based out of Pune.
No Fiat A*S*S issues in Pune (or Mumbai).

Palio it is dude. But pick up the 1.6.

The Getz is a good car - reliable I guess. But boooooorinngg.
Where it scores over the Palio is interiors and Hyundais A*S*S back up.

Fuel economy wise both the Getz and Palio 1.6 are comparable. But wait for more inputs, because as Fight_club mentioned, we are a tad too 'biased'.
Old 7th November 2006, 12:22   #11
elf
BANNED

The Getz has a more spacious feel to it's interiors, & I believe, the materials & fit & finish feel better too, with lots of cubby holes, etc. Hyundai's A.S.S. is also quite good, or so I've been told. Plus, it's an easier car to work on, from the engine bay point of view, with a decent under bonnet layout. Reliability is typically Korean - don't mess with it & it won't mess with you.

The Palio 1.6 is a beast - the bottom end just won't quit! Reliability & service may still be a bit suspect (Tata's aren't really known for their quality service levels).

For your running, the gas mileage won't make that much of a difference - both cars I believe vary between 8 & 11kpl depending on the way they're driven.

Tough choice dude, & I'm glad I'm not making it
Old 7th November 2006, 12:34   #12
BHPian

to tell the truth,i do not understand why the confusion.the palio is for your heart;the getz for you head.whichever rules,purchase that car!!
Old 7th November 2006, 12:48   #13
BHPian

Finally an unbiased opinion from Elf.And a good one at that.
Sometimes we Fiat lovers crowd around a person and urge him to buy a Palio.LOL,thats understood.We have more enthusiasts here than on the road.
Buy the Palio if you want a great VFM car thats a hoot to drive but availability of parts can be issue at times.In Pune though,there should not be a problem.Pune dealers for FIAT are supposed to be great at service.But FIATS depreciate faster than they accelerate.
Buy the Getz if you want a decent car that does everything but excite you at the wheel.Its as exciting to drive as a washing machine.But is a comfy big hatch that comes from a manufacturer that has a good image in our country and after sales service is top notch.The interiors are better than the Palio and resale might be better.Take your pick
I'm trying my best to be as unbiased as possible.

Last edited by roms : 7th November 2006 at 12:55.
Old 7th November 2006, 13:08   #14
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms
... Finally an unbiased opinion from Elf.And a good one at that ...
Thanks roms, though I always give unbiased opinions.
Dunno which post of mine you found bias in...

Praneet71: roms raised a damn important point here - cost of ownership.

The Palio depreciates really quick, the 1.6 even more so. It may be worth your while to find a late model, low mileage, well maintained, used 1.6 at half price or less, instead of buying a brand new one & watching your money go down the drain.

The Getz depreciates too, but not as alarmingly as the Palio 1.6.
Old 7th November 2006, 13:17   #15
BHPian

Palio's is being phased out and new models are on the anvil, i.e. Palio as well as the Punto, If you do own a car I suggest you wait for sometime early next year to get the latest models rather than the ones that are being phased out. The resale for Palio 1.6 is at the dumps, but if you wanna keep the car for 5, 6 years why not wait for the newer models which are ready to hit our shores .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks