Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2006, 18:27   #1
BHPian

Hello Gurus,

I just read about the price hike in Dec'06. I was waiting for Swift Diesel ( or Getz Diesel ) to be precise. But price hike is making me think again.

I have a monthly requirement of around 1200 Kms city drive and 500 kms in 2 months on highway. I am 6" tall. My no. of Kms may increase as I will be changing my job soon. Fuel economy and maintainence are imp for me. Should I wait and spend more on any of these two cars. I like Getz in terms of looks and space inside but fuel economy is a negative.
Should I wait for diesel options ?

The current swift will cost me within 4.5 lakh but if diesel options stretches my budget to 5.5 - 6 lakh. I don't think its worth waiting for diesel options.

Regards,
Navdeep
Old 7th November 2006, 18:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

Wait for sometime more.... there are a slew of 'good' diesel launches next year. Let them all come and then decide.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 7th November 2006 at 18:41.
Old 7th November 2006, 19:28   #3
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Why not consider alternative fuels like LPG/CNG?? Getz is a awesome car the fit n finish is better than swift.. Since you have 1200Kms of in city driving LPG/CNG should be purrfeckto.
Old 7th November 2006, 19:48   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
Why not consider alternative fuels like LPG/CNG?? Getz is a awesome car the fit n finish is better than swift.. Since you have 1200Kms of in city driving LPG/CNG should be purrfeckto.
.. but there aren't any versions available for getz/swift. I don't want to fit the kits and void my warranty. And there will be a considerable lag in perfomance on LPG/CNG.
Old 8th November 2006, 10:05   #5
BHPian

You can be pretty sure that the swift deisel will have a premium of atleast 1 lakh over the petrol car... this will bring it around to 5.5-6 lakh, as maruti would not want it to cannibalise on the petrol models sales.

But, 6 lakhs or so for a small hatch is too much. You could try the palio deisel with the JTD engine which could be launched by january next year (not too sure about this though). It will definitely be priced around 5 lakhs.

But, if your requirement is immediate, then as our members have suggested, LPG/CNG is a good option
Old 8th November 2006, 17:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Between the two hatches, I would suggest the Getz over the Swift. The Getz is a staid car in my opinion and not as exciting as the Swift, but for your requirements (height and driving) I think it scores over the Swift.

For the amount you drive, you can be agnostic between petrol and diesel I think. If petrol then Getz, as I mentioned earlier. But if diesel, then wait a bit. There will be a slew of choices soon. Apart from the two you have mentioned in their respective diesel avatars, there will be the Palio JTD as well as the Indica Dicor/JTD. Your call mate.
Old 10th November 2006, 20:28   #7
BHPian

Just wondering, would the Swift Petrol discounts increase with launch of diesel version ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks