Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2006, 15:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
i would say,,
a 94-95 esteem(carb) or a earlier model mpfi zen would be a best fit..
you will find these ranging from 1.20 to 1.50lacs..
these are easy to maintain and part are really cheap.

hope this helps
JRD.

1.2 - 1.5 for a 95 esteem is way too much man. they sell for 70k to 100k, thats all. for 150k, you can get a 1998 type II esteem
Old 13th December 2006, 21:16   #32
BHPian

Whats the break up

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman View Post
Ye sreenivass. This one is importent one.....

Now this maruti (Inquired for swift) and tata dealer (Inquired for Indigo GVS) started calling me, and telling me they arrange every thing (i mean loan) I said at first i want to learn to drive then i will come there for test drive then decide.....

car cost which shown on internet + About 50k they are telling me on road cost.... (everything will come in that like tax and registration charges) ....How much discount i can ask them? 25k? or more?
Or i can ask for free accessory like music system and all....? Need advice...
Whats does the quote look like, a break may help things better. It should typically be this.

Base price = Internet cost - discount (typically free life time tax or insurance..)
+
Handling charges (less than a thousand or two)
+ Cost of accessories (MP3 or CD pr cassete if it does not come default..)
+
any other taxes like registration & Temp registration

Make sure the quote and internet prices are for the same model.

I think you can still bargain beyond standard discounts they give you. In my experience I thought accessories have lot of margin / scope to bargain.

This is from my experience and the experience collected from my friends. GURUs with expeience in purchasing many cars may proved you more....
Old 18th December 2006, 11:38   #33
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
1.2 - 1.5 for a 95 esteem is way too much man. they sell for 70k to 100k, thats all. for 150k, you can get a 1998 type II esteem
oh really..? my bad.. lol.. i checked out a few with just 65 70 kms on the odo so may be a low mileage one would get about 1.2.

i guess a crappy abused one with 2lacs on the odo would go for 70k ..

anyway.. its a good buy for our friend year regardless the year.
Old 19th December 2006, 20:36   #34
BHPian

The tailor made car for you is the fiat palio adventure(buy one in ferrari red),fits your budget at rs 5 lacs exactly and is good for the highway and moreover as per discount advice goes ,you can get discounts on any model except honda on the account that the car which you are buying is a 2006 model and will hence will depreciate more but you can cleverly get it registered in 2007 instead .I know that you have scrapped the 2nd hand car option but still I think that if you want to save some cash you can go in for 1999 honda city old shape for about 1.7 lacs and then sell it for a profit a year later.However if you want to go for first hand then go for the adventure.

Most Viewed