Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2018, 21:13   #31
BHPian

Re: Car for a Motorcycle Enthusiast

Being a superbiker myself (ZX14R) and being a member of a superbikers' club, i would like to state the following thoughts shared among us bikers.

No cars (especially costing below 1Cr mark when new) can provide the same levels of acceleration and thrills that a superbike can offer, so there are two ways to approach this problem of finding the right car for us:

A) Go for a totally practical car like Innova/Hexa for all of our travelling needs whenever we are not riding.
Many of our group riders use Punto, Polo, i20, Innova/Hexa, Fortuner, Jetta, etc. although the same guys ride Goldwings, Multistradas, 10R, 14R, Z1000, etc.
Choices depend on individual requirements; Myself use a Koleos and a Pajero Sport.

B) Find out some relatively interesting car which will allow us to enjoy driving, although none can give us the same thrills that our bikes do; like Abarth, Octavia vRS, polo GTI/ GT Tsi, etc. Myself for one is likely to buy Octavia vRS later this year.

All of the above analysis is obviously for someone who has some budget constraints, otherwise one can buy anything he/she likes; like few of our group riders drive some really good german machines!
46TheDoctor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 11:13   #32
BHPian

Re: Car for a Motorcycle Enthusiast

Abarth Punto!!! If you are on a budget then the Punto 1.3 MJD. Ride, handling, steering feedback and the mechanicals are spot on in the Puntos. You can get good discounts on the Punto Diesel top end. Abarth Punto 2018 manufacturing started and they have a few in stock in the Fiat yard. You can check with dealers for discounts on Abarth Punto as well. If you want more GC then you can go for the Urban Cross in either Diesel or TJET engine configurations. I was in the same dilemna when I had to upgrade my car 2-3 years back. Used to drive a Brio, the 1.2 ivtec was damn good but the mechanical connect was not there. Then upgraded to the Linea TJET. The steering feedback, ride and handling inspite of the increased GC is surely a segment above its class. The smile when the turbo kicks in is something to be experienced and this is the 114PS TJET and not the 145PS TJET. Have driven the Abarth Punto and it brings an even wider grin than the normal TJET. Just needs an upgrade to better tires which can be done easily. With Jeep going well, Fiat will share service centres with Jeep in most cities and towns and spares availability should not be a problem. People still drive the Fiat Palios and S10s and are unwilling to let go of them. So spares should not be a problem.

If you are eyeing a rugged car, then you can look at the Mahindra Thar or the Maruti Gypsy as well. Few upgrades and you can indulge in some off-roading and different terrains as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks