Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2006, 10:51   #16
BHPian

new compressor

The new component of Estillo is 83cc compressor for AC, so it's better we wait till we get some good feedback on it's performance. 6 months should be good.
Old 11th December 2006, 13:08   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
The new component of Estillo is 83cc compressor for AC, so it's better we wait till we get some good feedback on it's performance. 6 months should be good.

If that is the case... No one will ever be able top buy new cars...

Its understandable to stay away from a car if its a new engine... But, new compressor??? IS it that much a risk???

Also... Maruti knows much better than to release something without 'testing'... Thats why they use good old engines only...
Old 11th December 2006, 14:34   #18
BHPian

I had gone to Maruti showroom but they had only display model of Estilo and no test drive vehicle. So a note of caution - read replies over here but make up your mind only after taking a test drive since although new Zen sports WagorR like engine, it could have been tuned differently.

I did a quick (and sharp) feature comparison between top end versions of Santro X0 and Zen Estilo Vxi. Here we go:

Tacho Meter (RPM Meter) - Santro don't have while Zen do.
Electric Mirror - Santro don't have while Zen do.
Leg room for driver - Zen has little more room compared to Santro
Gear - Santro has slick small throw gear while Zen sports long throw and bit rubbery gear change.
Interior plastic - Santro plastic although gray looks much richer while Zen looks plasticky even in beige color
Exterior - Very attractive. Very cute and new age. Front is short like Honda City and A pillar extends on part of engine compartment releasing more cabin space.

I'm of humble opinion that new Zen looks fresh while Santro Xing is around for some time. (Please don't bring it that Estilo is discontinued model from Japan. Unless someone has moved from Japan, I believe most people wouldn't have seen it before.)

If someone is out there to purchase new small car, there are plenty of new cars lined up the way till year 2010. Obviously one can not wait that long to find the best among the breed. See whether a car fits your requirements and decide accordingly.
Old 11th December 2006, 18:06   #19
BHPian

its always advisable to wait for 6 months after the new car launch and get the feedback and get an updated version from the manufacturer. Its all our hard earned money and Indian automotive industry is taking advantage of us.

take for example mahindra scorpio, tata indica, wagon R etc... when they were launched they had so many drawbacks which got fixed in the next version and further versions. think of the customers who purchased the car on day one???

For your query i will aks you to purchase santro since its very well proven for reliablity. The engine is very well refined and responsive and u will enjoy the drive, except that its bit bumpy.
Old 12th December 2006, 17:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

I dont think the 6 month wait applies for a manufacturer whoz been here for 20+ yrs! The car isnt new as well as we all know..

Although there isnt too much to choose from between these 2, I would go with the Zen.
Old 13th December 2006, 00:17   #21
BHPian

Hey just saw Estilo today and the interiors are a lot better than any of the competing cars they re even better than some of the twice expensive .

Well cant just say about the exteriors they dont look to good but may be with time the will look good as it gets familiar .But one thing for sure is that santro is in for an upgrade so it a no no when will the upgrade come no one knows but then it better to buy estilo
Old 13th December 2006, 21:34   #22

Thank you very much for all your suggestions & comments.
I have finally decided to go for WagonR again. Atleast I wont have to wait for the vehicle. Estilo waiting period is anything between 1.5 months -2 months.
[COLOR=red]Please wait while the page is being loaded. If this message is shown forever, the page did not load. So try again...[/COLOR]
Old 19th January 2007, 16:24   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Estilo is far more stylish thn the Santro , and the engine is also quite peppy , good for CITY driving .........
Old 19th January 2007, 18:10   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranarula View Post
I have finally decided to go for WagonR again.

Exchanging wagonR for a new wagonR...

Seems happy with the car... Except for the gearshift (not so much a p[roblem after getting used to it), I am in total love with the car too...
Old 22nd April 2007, 22:25   #25

Santro is a safe buy and you won't regret. Don't know much about estilo, I've seen it on road and it looks pretty funny, not good looking at all. Also, santro is bigger, heavier and better.
Old 24th April 2007, 15:04   #26
BHPian

if you are comparing Estilo with Santro then Santro is the best in all aspects compared to Estilo
Old 24th April 2007, 16:56   #27
BHPian

i agree with ravi too,there are many hatch are come and coming .better wait and watch u-va and new palio.
i ve had a test drive on u-va,preety good and lot of space.

Most Viewed