Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2006, 11:36   #1
BHPian

New WagonR Vxi or Zen Estilo Vxi??

Hi all,
Waited for almost a month now before purchasing my first new car because the news was out that the New Zen was going to be launched..Seeing the ads and WagonRRs' specifications the width was 1575mm and now sadly same old 1495mm in the New Zen( :( ) same as New WagonR. Now, i've to decide on which one to buy,the New WagonR Vxi or Zen Estilo Vxi. I need more space at the rear seat,decent luggage space,don't care about huge dashbord,I'm need of more utility stuff to keep.I plan to go for long drivers during weekends with my parents quite often(say twice a month). So guys help me to choose giving each ones cons and pros to choose from between WagonR Vxi and Zen Estio Vxi. Thankz.

Regards,
Kiran.

Last edited by ramki067 : 12th December 2006 at 11:46.
Old 12th December 2006, 12:31   #2
BHPian

Hi Ramki067
I hope below thread would help you make a right choice

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...pressions.html

cheers
Old 12th December 2006, 12:58   #3
Team-BHP Support

I own a 04 wagonR VXi...

From my experience, its a very good car... Good a very good ride, decent mileage, good enough looks... (Donno if you like the new wagonR looks... Looks aggressive and big compared to the zen)... The luggage space is always great compared to the cars of its class... The dash board has lots of stuff to keep mobiles and stuff... I'd say its one of the most practical cars around... And, its a breeze to drive arund town... Space at the back seat, is good... Not too much of width for 5... But no other hatch can seat 4 people in that much comfort...

Negatives that i'd have to say... The dash board, though very practical, is all grey compared to beige ones in new zen... some may not like the tall boy looks...

as for my opinions on the estilo... I havent had a ride yet... But, since the powertrain is the same... Might have same positives and negatives... However... The dash in beige looks good, althugh seats are same as wagonR... But, space at rear and luggage is less compared to wagonR... Looks really cute from front and sides (rear is yuck!)...

Considering you need more space and comfort, i'd say a better choice would be the wagonR (please dont buy white, black... front design looks good only with green, light blue, ivory shades)... Also The wagonR duo would be very economical for highway run...
Old 12th December 2006, 13:43   #4
BHPian

thanks crazydriver,

Sure i do like very much the looks of the New WagonR. After your suggestion i'm inclined towards WagonR. But i've one more question. People who took test drives of the New Zen say that the seats doesn't have thigh support as that of the New WagonR. So isn't the thigh support help during long drives? So i think in this department WagonR is better.
Old 12th December 2006, 14:02   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hi all,
I need more space at the rear seat,decent luggage space,I'm need of more utility stuff to keep.I plan to go for long drivers during weekends with my parents quite often(say twice a month). So guys help me to choose between WagonR Vxi and Zen Estio Vxi. Thankz.
Regards,
Kiran.
Check Estilo for those important parameters!!! Its easy answer!!
Old 12th December 2006, 15:57   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
thanks crazydriver,

Sure i do like very much the looks of the New WagonR. After your suggestion i'm inclined towards WagonR. But i've one more question. People who took test drives of the New Zen say that the seats doesn't have thigh support as that of the New WagonR. So isn't the thigh support help during long drives? So i think in this department WagonR is better.
I guess the right way to find out is... Please go and take a test drive of both...

Should answer your questions nicely... Specially since, there are no other issues to be answered here, except which car really suits your needs... Both cars wont make you repent the decision... But, i guess, for comfortable ride, WagonR makes a better choice...

Forgot to mention: Mileage is very good without ac drivng... Not that good with ac (figures as comparable to others in segment: ac is good though)...
Old 12th December 2006, 21:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

Looking at your requirements i would suggest the wagon-r. Estilo has cramped rear seat but has more equipments, is cheaper than wagon-r, plus has better looking interiors too. But looking in a pure Utilitarian way and ur requiremenrs Wagon-R makes more sense. The new one does look nicer, but the gearbox is rubbish, a little too much road noise in the cabin.
Also take a look at santro, in my opinion better than both of them.
My 2 cents.
Old 12th December 2006, 21:42   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Estilo - a better looking, modern(by Maruti standards) Wagon R
Old 14th December 2006, 14:00   #9
BHPian

Heard that the New WagonR Vxi's power windows are only for auto roll down and not for roll upwards. Is it true?? Is it the same in Estilo's?? Have anyone noticed??
Old 14th December 2006, 15:03   #10
BHPian

Hi Guys, this is my first post in team BHP.....!

Agreed that the price of Zen Estilo is cheaper than Wagon R, but we must remember this is year end and in Kolkata from yesterday there is discount of Rs. 20,000/- on all models of Wagon R except LPG Duo model.

At present I am confused between two cars Wagon R and Santro, I visited Hyundai showroom yesterday in Kolkata, they are also giving huge discounts. Please help me to select between the two........I would like to seat in the rear seat and I am 6'1", I do not need a huge boot space and we are 2 in the family.

Thanks , any help will be appreciated. I want to act fast because these discounts are for few days only and just today I got news that Maruti is increasing price of their vehicles by Rs. 10-15000/-.
Old 14th December 2006, 16:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

The WagonR duo is a good choice since it offers very low running cost.
Old 15th December 2006, 12:25   #12
BHPian

Heard that the New WagonR Vxi's power windows are only for auto roll down and not for roll upwards. Is it true?? Is it the same in Estilo's?? Have anyone noticed??
Old 17th December 2006, 05:29   #13
BANNED

WagonR is a more practical car when compared to Estilo. The only plus points of Estilo are good interiors & exteriors and the rest is same as WagonR.
Old 18th December 2006, 00:02   #14
BHPian

Estilo
Pros
-Good driving experience and handling
-Easy manouveribity due to shorter length
-Monoform design and also the wagon r is rather common
-High level of customisation due to options like sunroof,side skirts
-Nice interiors .
Cons-
-Lack of space as compared to the wagon r
-It is called mom's personal wagon in japan
Wagon R
Pros-
-Low ruuning costs in lpg version
-More spacious as compared to estilo
-Tried and tested product
Cons
-Still a boxy shape
-Less equippment for same price
-Quite familar now as compared to estilo

at this price point seeing your requirements I recommend a bigger car like the swift Lxi or the getz( you can get rs 40000 off on this one)
Note-whatever vehicle you buy ask the dealer for a discount on the fact that you are buying 2006 model,but get your vehicle registerd in 2007
Old 19th December 2006, 21:12   #15
Senior - BHPian

The best people to answer this should be MUL guys!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks