Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2006, 16:13   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulvilas View Post
[html]Rahul.... You should read your post once again. It is so confusing. Somebody has to change city to get good A.S.S. or find another dealer ?? Well that's not positive advertisement at all.BTW I am also from indore and hardly seen Palio out there. Ohhhh yes I forgot they might have shifted to Bhopal It seems.
[/html]

Ajay.. read it once again..If you don't understand...ask someone preferably your English teacher to comprehend it for you.The message never says I changed a city to get good A.S.S or find another dealer and if you didn't see any palios in Indore then its your bad luck.
That city has missed out on a good product is all I can say.
Well Rahul.... Now you need to read my post too once again with your grammer teacher around. I did not say "you" shifted to Bhopal, I was saying "somebody".
BTW You did not answer my question yet... Why you were clapping
() for such an A. S. S example ?? Dou you think its a positive example ?
Also I no more live in indore ... I have shifted to Bangalore. I still miss those "chhappan Dukans"....
Old 25th December 2006, 00:32   #32
Team-BHP Support

Augustus... welcome to the forum mate. You say you are not much of a driver and this will be your first car. You have not mentioned your preferences or made a "I want in my car" statement.

We do not know the ground realities... but here are two short lists of checkpoints that may help you decide on that car.
* this is your first car and you want a brand that is cheap to buy and easy to maintain. Easy, cheap spares, wide network of service points and dealerships etc.
* you are looking for a sprightly car that is frugal as well.
* you want a brand name that is equivalent to the phrase bulletproof reliability (well almost).
* inspite of everything you want a car which is modern not only in looks but in other departments as well.
* you want a car that will fetch you a good resale when you ultimately want to move on to something else (particularly if that will be in <= 4 years).

If you have been nodding in affirmative all this while I think you should look no further than the Swift.

Now here is when you may need to consider Palio.

* You worship Fiat, Ferrari and Schumi... anything goes as long as you have their benevolent shadow over you.
* You want a car that is all about performance.
* FE?! Now which moron exactly talks of FE shefi in the same breathe as a car?
* Reliability? As long as you have a dynamo to run around in reliability be damned. Anyhow you know enough on how to look after your car.
* Resale?! You do not talk of buying and selling in the same sentence.

Haa haaa haaaa.... yessss. You are a Fiat fanatic. Go ahead buy the 1.6... Thats still one of the best pocket rocket that your money can buy.
Old 26th December 2006, 12:02   #33
BHPian

[HTML]Well Rahul.... Now you need to read my post too once again with your grammer teacher around. I did not say "you" shifted to Bhopal, I was saying "somebody".
BTW You did not answer my question yet... Why you were clapping[/HTML]

Pls read para 1 thorougly...it tells why was i clapping.For me its positive.Inspite of dealer not around I get the struts fixed at a FIAT SERVICE STATION who procures the parts from outside the state w/o any cost to me!!

[HTML]Also I no more live in indore ... I have shifted to Bangalore. I still miss those "chhappan Dukans".... [/HTML]

especially..JOHNNY BURGERS..
Old 26th December 2006, 13:12   #34
BHPian

Hehe.....seems like lots of ex-indorites around.

Getting back on track of this thread, I had mailed Fiat regarding availability of new 1.6 sports 10 days back and not even a diplomatic answer.

That is making me think probably Fiat havent decided yet if they want to continue producing 1.6 sports at their new plant.

Thats leaves with only one option .....Maruti Swift.

Apart from that, TATA dealer here dint have single Fiat product even on display since alliance was announced. I think step-brotherly treatment will always be mated out to fiat at most of the tier-II and tier-III cities.
Old 26th December 2006, 14:39   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Hehe.....seems like lots of ex-indorites around.

Getting back on track of this thread,
Thats leaves with only one option .....Maruti Swift.

Apart from that, TATA dealer here dint have single Fiat product even on display since alliance was announced. I think step-brotherly treatment will always be mated out to fiat at most of the tier-II and tier-III cities.
Welcome Sids...to Indori club . I guess TATA-FIAT alliance will work better if TATA starts putting multijet engine in their cars. This will help FIAT put some pressure on TATAs to avoid any step motherly treatment to FIAT products. Untill then I dont understand what TATA is gaining from this alliance apart from service charge they get from FIAT. Can somebody put some light on what is TATA gaining in this deal if they are not getting MultiJets.

Most Viewed