Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2006, 22:56   #16
BHPian

Quote:

I agree SRV is the better looker. Any idea what is the price of extended warranty?
should be 10,000/- approx and im sure can be bundled as a part of the discounts.

Quote:
I can wait for the new Baleno but I am sure it will come with a higher price tag and no discounts.
maruti dealer in delhi(marketing times) confirmed that the new baleno should be available in jan.

im quite sure the price will be in the 6.5 region but you are right about no discounts.

Another option:
for around the same price as the srv you could get the NHC which will give you excellent mileage,good a.s.s. and will hold its price way better than any ford or gm product.
Old 20th December 2006, 22:57   #17
BHPian

I hardly see any SRVs on the road. Not that I see a lot of Fusions. I think I have seen the SRV only twice or thrice in Chennai.
Old 20th December 2006, 23:03   #18
BHPian

SRV and Fusion are both 1.6 100 bhp engines. Both are kind of unique in their segments.
I am not considering the Verna CRDi. I heard the engine's great, but havent given it a thought
Old 21st December 2006, 13:40   #19
BHPian

Go for the Fusion .. It is the great car, lots of power and great handling, driving it a pleasure. I have never driven the SRV and i own the fusion. Ford's spare is expensive compared to maruti and hyunday, and GM is almost on par with ford on spares/maintainance/*** ect.
Fusion is cheaper of the two should be equal to the SRV in driving if not better.
Hey, it's Ford vs General Motors again
Tests - Hatch Job - Business Standard Motoring - maybe it will help you a little.
Old 21st December 2006, 14:33   #20
BHPian

Thank you netarchie. I did go through these comparisons and as you said not much of a difference between the two in features (base version SRV without option pack) and drive. I am thinking I will go for the fusion. Any idea on the discounts available for Fusion. I wonder why even the sales guys of Ford dont seem to be very keen on promoting the Fusion.
Old 21st December 2006, 16:37   #21
BHPian

SRV is not a Value for money car...sure, it is a head turner...but then for almost 8L you should get much more than whats being offered....... a lot of reviewers have compained that its not exactly a sports car...just a "looks sporty" kind of car... Fusion is a more practical option....and the rear seat is really spacious and you really feel you are sitting in a big car....ground clearance is always an advantage.. now with the price cuts, it should be a good buy.. I see quite a few fusions these days... But hey, its the most expensive car in terms of spares.. so keep that in mind before making any decision...
Old 21st December 2006, 16:39   #22
BHPian

Hi FancyPlayer, you may also check out the link here.
fordfusion : Ford Fusion owners and enthusiasts
we have an active owner disscuing fusion in length here.
Old 21st December 2006, 19:06   #23
BHPian

Netarchie, thank you for the link. I did go through the messages. Sounds interesting. Just curious to know - Did you get any of your issues across and did they get resolved by Ford.
Old 22nd December 2006, 13:00   #24
BHPian

Hi, yes, the issues were resolved whenever i have complained and it was done free of cost, and all the complains of mine were minor though..
Old 22nd December 2006, 14:08   #25
BHPian

Great guys - Thank you all very much. I think I am going in for the Ford Fusion. I am trying to decide if I was the Moon dust silver or the White. My wife likes the white colour and I the moon dust silver. Any suggestions??? And also how is it to Maintain a white car.
Old 22nd December 2006, 16:29   #26
BHPian

Sorry for the incorrect sentence above "I am trying to decide if I was the Moon dust silver or the White."

I am yet to decide on the colour - do I take the Moon dust silver or the White?
Old 22nd December 2006, 16:34   #27

Hi, in the 6-6.5 range Fiat Adventure is surely the winner if you looking for a pseudo SUV. I hvn't driven the SRV but I think Fiat Adventure is definitely a better bet than SRV or Fusion. I hv recently bought NHC due to family pressure against Adventure. But I can honestly tell you that my heart still aches for Adventure. Another car that I would recommend is Chevy Aveo 1.4. Less than 6.5 on road, FE of 12 kmpl plus a Chevy batch.
Old 22nd December 2006, 16:43   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hey, congrats on your decision to buy the Fusion. I would go for Moondust Silver - looks better, easiest color to maintain.

Cheers
Old 22nd December 2006, 17:19   #29
Senior - BHPian

"If you haven't bought it"... SRV IMHO is a better car anyday, fusion might have the mini suv looks but i wont be as stable and wont ride as well as the SRV. The only problem with the SRV is the gutless engine (though pretty refined and tractable) and slow witted gearshift.
Besides Adventure is a steal at the price its being offered for and FIAT has announced 2000 Crore Rs investment into its indian operations, enough i think to reaffirm faith in FIAT.
Up to you.
Old 22nd December 2006, 18:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

Did i miss something ? What i have heard that fusion is very stable on highways and its handling is just like any other good handling sedan...

And this is coming from a lot of fusion owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
"If you haven't bought it"... SRV IMHO is a better car anyday, fusion might have the mini suv looks but i wont be as stable and wont ride as well as the SRV. The only problem with the SRV is the gutless engine (though pretty refined and tractable) and slow witted gearshift.
Besides Adventure is a steal at the price its being offered for and FIAT has announced 2000 Crore Rs investment into its indian operations, enough i think to reaffirm faith in FIAT.
Up to you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks