Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2006, 10:08   #46
BHPian

Gentlemen,
I have booked for a Fusion after test driving the car. The car handles well , has good accelaration, but no ABS!! I am not against SRV, but the car was above my budget. 8 lakh + is a huge price for that car. Also I am concerned on the resale value as well (I know that fusion also score less on this!) We have a corsa 03 and I am not happy with how GM price the cars. They might bring the SRV prices low after a year.
Old 29th December 2006, 19:17   #47
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
Gentlemen,
I have booked for a Fusion after test driving the car. The car handles well , has good accelaration, but no ABS!! I am not against SRV, but the car was above my budget. 8 lakh + is a huge price for that car. Also I am concerned on the resale value as well (I know that fusion also score less on this!) We have a corsa 03 and I am not happy with how GM price the cars. They might bring the SRV prices low after a year.
Does fusion have ABS atleast as option in any trim??
Old 29th December 2006, 20:11   #48
BHPian

The Ford Fusion comes in only 1 variant and they do not have ABS as an option. Earlier they had 3 versions of fusion and their top end had ABS, so not sure if they can fit in one to the new Fusion.
Old 30th December 2006, 23:41   #49
BHPian

Thank you everybody out there. I've booked my fusion today. A Moon Dust Silver.
It is a company lease purchase so will have a week for the processing.
I was having a look at the accessories. Dont think they have a big list. Can anyone suggest any accessories.
And also the TMP. The Sales guy said it really doesnt suit my kind of usage, like 800 kms a month. He says the warranty will do.
Any suggestions?
Old 31st December 2006, 01:50   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyPlayer View Post
I've booked my fusion today.
Congratulations..

Is it a fusion+ ABS ??? the 1.6 duratech is a good engine and ABS is a very much desirable thing in this vehicle.

Mind you ford offers corporate discounts(check with your HR or accounts or PR departments in your company - there are two plans (1).if your company has more than two vehicles anywhere in the country (2).if your company has more than 4 vehicles anywhere in india ) which will come handy for buying you the accessories.

In that case u should only think about ICE, the stock ICE in fusion really $uck$, try negotiate in price reduction in exchange of the stock ICE, believe me i have worked with the ford in the marketing, u can negotiate by delaying the delivary, the dealers and sales excecutive want to finish of the delivary fast to reflect in the targets set for the dealers by the ford.

And btw, is the skirting is still given as black in the fusion, may be painting to the skirtings will make it look a stunner. you can also bargain here.
Old 31st December 2006, 02:29   #51
Senior - BHPian

some unique features of fusion

though its more than a year since i have left my job as marketing guy for a ford dealer, I still remember some features of the fusion, when i first heard them in a training thought 'are these technologies available in indian cars'.
Some of them are:

1. drive by wire throtle control (similar to aircraft controls)

2. intelligent rear wiper, that is if the front wipers are on and when you engage the rear wiper will automatically activates. ( i dont exactly remember whether this features is also for the rear defogger)

3. intelligent boot lock, that is if the boot lid is not properly closed and if the vehicle crosses 7kmph (why only 7kmph? because thats the speed of an average human) the boot lid is automatically secured.

4. intelligent fuel cut-off. (standard with all ford cars including the base model ikon flair), the system automatically switches off the fuel suplly in case of an accident, may this feature is available with other cars too but there is another feature to it, that is if the car is parked and if the car experiences an impact greater than a certain limit the switch automatically activates. oh btw, the switch can be deactivated from inside the car with a screw driver if the driver thinks the car is in driving condition after an accident.

5. fog lamps both in front and rear.(again not sure whether the compitition models have this feature, may you can get after market if not available)

6. Engine Immobiliser. This is one of the most advanced features. The fusion's key, if u notice there is a small blue tip to it on the grip. Its nothing but a micro-chip(its a programable chip) which contains a code. if a fake keys is inserted into the key slot to start the engine and since its a fake key and no signal matching with GEM module in the car happens, the engine is switched off rather immobilised.

7. Another good feature is the power steering, the assistance is gradually reduced as the speed is increased. After a certain speed(may be 60 or 80kmph) the power assistance to the steering is removed automatically, there by giving you a better feedback, if not then any car will over steer at high speeds.

8. Can not self after the engine is start, this way the engine components dont get damaged due to mulitiple self starting. this can also be a little inconvinience in case you stall the car in traffic, you should trun off the key and then turn to start.(thats a very small issue)

9. 195mm ground clearance!!! in some cases more than MUVs or few SUVs, it can take you to places where not all cars can.

there could be many more, but these are what i am able to recollect.
you can visit Ford India
Old 31st December 2006, 09:12   #52
Team-BHP Support

Congrats!!!

When will you get delivery of your car???

accesories... well... get some nice tints, and proper ICE... and enjoy the 1.6 under the bonnet...
Old 31st December 2006, 10:41   #53
BHPian

Congrats ...FancyPlayer..and welcome to the club.
Old 31st December 2006, 12:22   #54
BHPian

Thank you guys. thank you kkr2k2 for the information. This might sound silly but what does ICE mean???
Old 31st December 2006, 12:35   #55
Senior - BHPian

ICE = In car Entertainment. tis includes Head units, speakers, woofers, screen etc etc....

Also congrats on booking a fusion. Its a good car...
Quote:
Thank you guys. thank you kkr2k2 for the information. This might sound silly but what does ICE mean???
Old 31st December 2006, 14:03   #56
BHPian

Congratulations Fancy Player on gifting yourself and your family the brilliant Fusion this new year.Its such a nice car to look at and drive as well.I really hope it is priced a little less by Ford (with low prices for spares as well) so that the Aam janta can experience this lovely versatile machine.I really believe the Fiat Adventure and Fusion should do better than their current sales status.

@kkr2k2, I thought that the double cranking prevention system and Fire protection system (FPS) were "Fiat only" features in that segment of cars.Never knew even some fords had them.Probably the fact that most Fords in India are European in nature has got to do with the inclusion of all these features. Even the drive by wire throttle was introduced first I believe in the Palio diesel.Now of course a lot more cars have this feature.Another common feature is the humming sound of the fan when the a/c is on and I love that sound.

Have a great innings with your Fusion Fancyplayer,unlike the Indian cricket team.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO FELLOW BHPians AND THEIR LOVED ONES (INCLUDING THE BELOVED CARS!)

Last edited by roms : 31st December 2006 at 14:09.
Old 2nd January 2007, 17:42   #57
BHPian

Wish you all a happy, blessed, and prosperous new year and also some safe driving and driving fun wishes included.
Thank you guys for the opinions and advice. Roms you mentioned about the humming noise when the AC is switched on. I did not really notice it. Guys is it so obvious - the humming sound.
Abhibh - Thank you for the info on ICE. I will be getting a good sound system, not sure if I need a Video player and screen. I am not going for it now.
Another question - do you think people hesitate to buy the fusion because of its looks or the price? should probably be a different thread but just a starter
Old 2nd January 2007, 19:35   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
do you think people hesitate to buy the fusion because of its looks or the price?
I think, its both the looks and price. Oh!! also no deisel option.
Old 2nd January 2007, 22:29   #59
BHPian

Does anyone have an idea if you can get the Air Deflectors for Fusion, the kind of shades that you put by the doors? Not sure if it is the right term that I used.
Old 3rd January 2007, 00:16   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Roms you mentioned about the humming noise when the AC is switched on. I did not really notice it. Guys is it so obvious - the humming sound.

Another question - do you think people hesitate to buy the fusion because of its looks or the price? should probably be a different thread but just a starter
the "humming noise" I was talking about was in reference to the Ikon actually.This noise of the fan is audible only when your are outside the vehicle and not sitting inside.I'm not sure if the Fiesta or Fusion make this noise when the a/c,radiator fan is in operation.Probably they are fitted with quieter ones just like most other cars.

As regards the second question,nothing's wrong with the Fusion's looks.Infact it looks great from most angles.Just that the rear is a bit bland in comparison.Its flaws are that its high price does not make it a value for money proposition.Add to that is the high price you pay for spares and the low resale value of the vehicle.But keep the costs aside and you have a near perfect family vehicle that can do most things right.In short,great car but steeply priced as yet.If I had the opportunity to choose between a Fiesta 1.6 or Fusion 1.6,I'd probably go for the Fusion.Enjoy your car buddy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks