Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2007, 00:34   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I think, its both the looks and price. Oh!! also no deisel option.
I dont think the Fusion would benefit from a diesel engine at current prices.If the petrol itself costs 6 lakhs or so,the diesel would further drive up the cost to around 7 lakhs or so.I think 5L for the petrol and 6 for the diesel should be perfect for the Fusion.

Last edited by roms : 3rd January 2007 at 00:37.
Old 3rd January 2007, 00:53   #62
BHPian

If ford can reduce the length by 18 mm and put in the 1.4 TDCI it can get the excise duty cut for small cars. It is currently 4018 mm. The prescrible length for a small car is 4000 mm. This will help price the Fusion a lot in lieu with the competition. If they probably increase the capacity for petrol engines that qualify for excise duty cut in the next budget then even the petrol cars can be made available cheaper.
Anyone has any views on this?
Old 3rd January 2007, 00:59   #63
Senior - BHPian

The Fusion desperately needs a diesel engine to stay alive...the likes of the Swift and to a lesser extent the Getz seem to be doing much better. Others like the Chevy Aveo have got their pricing and positioning right.

The Fusion is a pretty decent car except for its price when it was introduced. Yes it does look a bit odd front-on, but so does the Wagon R and Santro and look how they have done!

Needs a diesel without a stratospheric price-tag, and I'm not sure if the 1.4 TDCi is the answer because Ford Europe first buys it from Peuguot and then ships it down here - the pricing will never be right.

Last edited by Steeroid : 3rd January 2007 at 01:05.
Old 3rd January 2007, 01:18   #64
BHPian

Steer,the Fiesta was launched with the 1.4 TDCI or the Dura torq engine.The car costs around 6.95 lakhs ex showroom delhi for the base version of the diesel.
Old 3rd January 2007, 11:44   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
I dont think the Fusion would benefit from a diesel engine at current prices.If the petrol itself costs 6 lakhs or so,the diesel would further drive up the cost to around 7 lakhs or so.I think 5L for the petrol and 6 for the diesel should be perfect for the Fusion.
+1 and i second this... 6 lac @Fusion TDCi it sure gonna be a hit. The car is big, comfy and has everything one need.
Old 4th January 2007, 10:38   #66
BHPian

People who own a Fusion here - Is it worth going for the Total Maintenance Plan? The cost is 16500 for 2 years.
Old 6th January 2007, 02:10   #67
BHPian

Guys - Thank you all again for the feedback. I will let you know about my experience with the Fusion in a couple of weeks. Till then Take care. Drive Safe.
Old 6th January 2007, 20:53   #68
BHPian

Guys - I have a quick question -
If I take the december 2006 model of Fusion I get a music system + 4 speakers, seat covers, mudflap, floor mats and boot mats + 9250 worth accessories. If I take the 2007 model I just get 7500 worth accessories. What do you suggest?
Old 6th January 2007, 21:36   #69
BHPian

I would suggest the 2007 model. It will help you later if plan to sell it in future. Atleast i will go for 2007 model.
Old 8th January 2007, 17:08   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
I would suggest the 2007 model. It will help you later if plan to sell it in future. Atleast i will go for 2007 model.
I agree with netarchie, go for the 2007 model as the offer is not a big difference. 2007 VIN will have a good resale value and also two years down the lane, lesser depriciation compared to 2006 VIN (somebody correct me if i am wrong on the depriciation issue)
Old 11th January 2007, 10:42   #71
BHPian

I have changed my booking for the 2007 model. They initially were very reluctant to do it, but later made the change (One gentleman wanted the 2006 model for the december offer so they gave him my booking). Expecting delivery before next weekend.
Old 11th January 2007, 16:30   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyPlayer View Post
I have changed my booking for the 2007 model. They initially were very reluctant to do it, but later made the change (One gentleman wanted the 2006 model for the december offer so they gave him my booking). Expecting delivery before next weekend.
good decision.
congratulations.. do post the pictures after you take the delivery of the car.
Old 12th January 2007, 16:22   #73
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyPlayer View Post
Hai Fancy Player,

Congratulations on the choice, you'd enjoy driving the fusion.

As a user, I can endorse it as one great package within the price and the segment (really what segment is it in... ????). The road grip, stability, accelertion, visibility and unique looks all adds value to this crazy little beauty. Like any other car, it has chinks.... we can live with it.

In classical fashion Ford has S****** up this wonderful car with wrong pricing, segmentation, marketing and back up. With users shouting and sruvival staring red-hot, Ford is warking up from anesthesia. If the Japs had this car, this would have been selling plenty.

You can learn all about the raunts where many people discuss the fusion with passion..... fordfusion : Ford Fusion owners and enthusiasts

Last edited by ramkya1 : 12th January 2007 at 16:23.
Old 15th January 2007, 13:50   #74
BHPian

Thank you guys. Will keep you posted and send in some pictures too.
Thats right Ford had got the strategy wrong for Fusion. I just hope something can be done to bring this "Crazy little Beauty" back on track.
Old 29th January 2007, 12:53   #75
BHPian

Hey Guys - Head ruled over heart.
I cancelled my booking for Fusion and have booked the Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI. Was a tough decision to make. They guys said I will have to wait for a week for my Fusion saying the 2007 model will take a week. I waited for 2 days and the third day decided to go in for the Fiesta. I'm surprised there was no resistance. No attempts to convince me. They sales guy said - No problem at all, we are actually concentrating more on Fiesta so it is good. Not sure why this wonderful package is being killed like this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks