Team-BHP - My new car Fusion or SRV EDIT: Now booked Fusion
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   My new car Fusion or SRV EDIT: Now booked Fusion (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/19773-my-new-car-fusion-srv-edit-now-booked-fusion.html)

Hello All,
I have been a team BHP member since 2004 and have enjoyed reading the posts. I've never posted in any section till now. This is my first post.
OK - Here is it. I am out to buy a car. I love the Fusion, Fiat Adventure and SRV.
I have striked the Adventure out of my list because I am not sure of the Future of FIAT in India.
Not sure if SRV is worth the additional 1.5 lacs that you pay over the Fusion.
I am also looking at Baleno (though it is from a different segment) because of the discounts that you get for the Car.
I am very clear that I am looking for a fun to drive car with good looks (Subjective).
A decent mileage of 10 - 11 km/litre in city.
My budget is 6 to 6.5 lacs (SRV being an exception).
As far as After Sales Service is concerned, I expect to be respected and feel like a Customer.
My average for a month will be 600 - 800 kms
Car will be mostly used in city and will be self driven
Intend on keeping this car for 4 to 5 years.

Kindly advice and pour in your suggestions.
I am open to suggestions on any of the cars not listed above

Thank you in advance

hello,

there is no doubt that the srv is the better looker of the two and would definitely be worth the extra money.

also, im sure you will get a decent discount on the srv + service holiday(1 yr, 20k kms)+ extended warranty(4yrs-80k kms) which would make it hassle free and reasonable to own for the 4 + years you plan to keep the car.

of alternates: the new baleno is just around the corner and you could wait for it as it should be around the mentioned budget.

Huh..!!! U joined in Feb 2004 n still reading..!!!

Anyways back to topic..

If u intend to buy a car out of the three u have shortlisted i would suggest u a Fusion....It will serve the purpose better....

Regards
KP

If you can live with Ford's huge maintenance bills go for Fusion its great city car also good on highway, SRV is good option but I feel its too costly not worth for sure..

You can still consider Adventure its a great car, you will simply love it, when car is trouble free don't worry about its service, its easy to service. TAT people service adventure so you can go for adventure because it comes with great discounts and its cheapest (very less maintenace, quiet good FE, great feel/ride/comfort..) among all the cars you listed.

Regards,

Ravi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 341254)
Huh..!!! U joined in Feb 2004 n still reading..!!!
KP

Anyway - started writing - hoping it carries on

Any comments on Ford Service in Chennai?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FancyPlayer
My average for a month will be 600 - 800 kms
Car will be mostly used in city and will be self driven
Intend on keeping this car for 4 to 5 years.

SRV fits you fine if budget is not an issue. Going by my almost three years experience...Chevy should give you a good service.

girishg - I agree SRV is the better looker. Any idea what is the price of extended warranty?

I can wait for the new Baleno but I am sure it will come with a higher price tag and no discounts.

I also cant wait for too long because I sold my Matiz and have no car at home. I have my wife and 2 kids and we will need a car over the weekends. I'm using my bike for now but dont want to do that for long. May be a month is fine to wait.

Again, suggest you decide on your budget before you start hunting. About new Baleno, search forum for your initial market research/ideas.

For sheer driveability and fun factor, I'd any day go in for that lascivious Ford 1.6 ROCAM engined Fusion.

For pimped looks, with insufficient dynamics/performance would be the SRV.

Then there's this thing abt one being a nonKorean car while the other is, for those that believe in that train of thought

FancyPlayer,

You haven't mentioned if you have taken the test drive of both Fusion & SRV.

I don't believe SRV (and Chevy's better a.s.s. compared to Ford) is worth paying 1.5L more. Stick with Fusion if you like it.

@ravibhat: Why do you believe that Fusion will rake up huge maintenance bills ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG
For pimped looks, with insufficient dynamics/performance would be the SRV.

Mag, this statement needs an explanation. Also I would like to know that how many members here have driven a SRV..

I've nothing for/against SRV. But often we make comments without actually checking out the product.

The SRV should be great for you, if you mod to get some juice out of it. Resale. GM service, etc. seem pretty decent.

SRVs road presence alone would make me buy it!!!

I have taken a test drive of both the Fusion and the SRV. In Fusion I had a long drive but the SRV was during peak hours of traffic. Both seem pretty decent. As you said the 1.5 lac maybe 75k after discount is what is moving me away from the SRV. The SRV looks great is spacious and quite comfortable. I also like the mini SUV looks of Fusion.

Dont think SRV and fusion can be compared directly...

If you got the budget... Get the SRV....

If its tight stretching it to the SRV... The fusion is also good...

Just one question... You are not considering the Verna CRDi, are you??? Hearing from my friend, its one fun to drive car... (Engine, not that good handling though)