Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which of the following will you choose?
Ford Freestyle 160 75.47%
Hyundai i20 Active 29 13.68%
Toyota Etios Cross 2 0.94%
Fiat Urban Cross 16 7.55%
Other (please specify in your post) 5 2.36%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2020, 12:45   #31
BHPian

Re: Ford Freestyle vs the others

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay.india View Post
Oops.. yes, my bad. Got confused with Figo S which misses out on the touchscreen HU, rear adjustable headrests and of course rear camera.
I believe the Figo S does have a Touchscreen with a reverse parking camera. This is of course not the slick Sync 3 Ford system (which also has Apple Car Play and Android Auto). Sadly though, the new BSVI Freestyle and Aspire top T+ variants misses out on the Sync 3 (which they earlier had) and the system is downgraded to Figo's system.
Old 18th June 2020, 16:18   #32
BHPian

Problems with Aspire Titanium+ BSVI:

1. Sync 3 omitted

2. NO ARP/HHA/ESC.... this comes in frestyle so should have made to aspire.... But maybe because GC is lower they didn’t think it to be required.

3. The instrument cluster looks bad frankly, they could have atleast given the Ecosport’s instrument cluster.

4. No rear AC vents.... But as the Ford chairman says, they use a bigger compressor of 125 cc which obviates the need for rear AC vent. The competition according to him uses 100 cc compressor.
Old 1st August 2022, 10:28   #33
SRV

Hello All,

I'm new to TeamBHP and have been an avid reader of the awesome website for many many years. With utmost confidence, I can tell you that, I'm clearly confused and could not take a decision. I need some good help/advice from the seniors here to zero down my next car.

About Me: I'm Raghav an S/W engineer from Chennai. I recently purchased an Alto K10 which was in excellent condition and had just 9k km in Odo. It was a VX optional AMT and the previous owner also added a central locking system. I bought the car, added Pioneer ICE to enable apple car play and was quite satisfied with the car considering it's going to be a secondary car.

We decided to have Alto as a secondary car. Selecting a secondary car was not so difficult. A city car, even if it's not so great, we can live with it was the intention; but turned out to be a good one. But that's not the case with the primary car.

Now, we need a primary car. A car for the family, long drives(Mostly 2 people), highways(Again mostly 2 people), safety, mileage, reliability, power, features (Sunroof does not come under feature for me though).

So, what do I need?

Safety - 4 or 5 stars with either 2 or 6 airbags.

Reliability - Should be top-notch. I need fuss-free ownership.

Mileage - I don't want to spend 12K on Petrol for a 1000 km trip which we will be going at least once a month or two. So a good Diesel engine car is preferred.

Power - Coming from 1 litre, 1.2 litres in Amaze (P), Baleno (P), Altroz (P) does not make me feel like an upgrade under the hood. But I might be wrong, experts can suggest to me here if I'm missing any car.

Features - They are always good to have. In my budget, I'm, not expecting ventilated seats. But, having a good amount of features like ICE, audio system, steering control, and cruise control will be a pleasure. Sunroof - Not a big fan.

Usage - Since we have Alto which will be used inside the city (Comfortable as well) this car will be used mostly for trips and occasional city rides. So 60% will be used for trips; 40% inside the city;

Budget - <12 Lakhs. Will extend only if the additional money really serves me a purpose. Can extend 2 more lakhs as well.

Cars Shorlisted / Test driven:

1. Ford Freestyle 1.2 Lts Titanium Plus - Petrol - Although this is a 1.2, I must say the power it gives me when I drive is very much adequate. I could not feel the same power in Amaze or Altroz Petrol. I'm fine to go with Petrol for this variant because a good used car with just 9k km on odo with all the necessary features I mentioned cost me only 6.5 Lakhs inclusive of everything with insurance, RC Transfer and the car is in top-notch condition. Just Half of my stipulated budget. So the rest of the money can be used for fuel.

Issues: Not sure if going to Ford is correct at this point in time as Ford's exit makes me think a lot. Experts/Seniors - Please pitch in here.

2. Honda City - 4th Gen V Variant - Once again petrol, but satisfies all my other needs here. So I can convince myself and spend that extra money on Petrol for the luxury. Apart from ground clearance, I don't see any problem here. But a sedan will be a bit too much considering only 2 people will be using it on most occasions. On the other hand - this is an excellent Value for money.

3. Altroz Diesel - All are good except the reliability factor and Tata Post service issues which are across youtube like wildfire. I haven't met even a single soul who is happy with post-sales service.

4. i20 Diesel - I have no idea about the CRDi engine. Is it reliable? Please share your views.

5. Tata Nexon Diesel - Same as Altroz issue. All are good except the Tata service issues which I read everywhere, every day.

6. Honda Amaze Diesel - It kind of satisfies all my needs well within my budget. Honda is known for Petrol and going to Diesel is the right thing or not is something I don't know. Also, the NVH levels are kind of average only and not great.

Conclusion:

My heart goes to Ford Freestyle for various reasons. I will be completely satisfied by spending just half of the budget with 6 airbags, and excellent ground clearance. But ignoring it only because of the Ford exit.

What should I do now.? Should I go ahead with Ford or should I completely remove Ford from the list and go on with other brands? Will, you buy a Ford now.?

Well, I have been trying to zero down a car for more than 6 months now and could not do it and I come back to Square 1 always. Maybe for particular decisions, we need help from people who travelled the same road. This is one such decision. So team, unleash this thread with all your experience, please.

When this poll was created, Ford was pretty much in India, so the results are completely different. But now, what do you think? Need some good advice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks