Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2006, 11:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Drifter
Old 27th December 2006, 11:16   #17
BHPian

go for the gls if you can pay the extra 25 grand
the stuff you get is pretty much worth it
plus the gls looks much better with broader tyres and body colored orvm and handles
im not saying that all this cant be done aftermarket but a company fitted accessory is unbeatable
Old 27th December 2006, 11:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Is there a new/facelifted Getz coming our way? I did hear something about 5-6 months ago on The Auto Show on CNBC. The one selling in the UK is indeed not the same as here albiet it has minor changes.
Old 28th December 2006, 06:40   #19
BANNED

Never forget that Getz is having one of the worst resale values in the market.

Why not try the Swift ?
It's a best driver's car than Getz, after all !!!
Old 28th December 2006, 12:17   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Is there a new/facelifted Getz coming our way? I did hear something about 5-6 months ago on The Auto Show on CNBC. The one selling in the UK is indeed not the same as here albiet it has minor changes.
theyll probably give it the facelift when they release the diesel.
Old 30th December 2006, 09:49   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Never forget that Getz is having one of the worst resale values in the market.

Why not try the Swift ?
It's a best driver's car than Getz, after all !!!
Hi,

Where on earth did you gather that piece of information from. A Dec 2005 Getz GLS (mine) with no extra accessories was offered 4 lacs 2 days ago in Mumbai against a ex showroom price of 4.8 lacs approx - discount of approx 41k(year end).

Now you do the maths as the car is technically almost 2 years old going by the year of registration. It is a far better, safer, roomier car than the Swift. Also as per article in today Times Of India Getz & Swift command the highest resale values amongst the hatch backs..

Viper

Last edited by viper : 30th December 2006 at 09:56.
Old 30th December 2006, 15:23   #22
Team-BHP Support

Please dont buy the getz now... The facelft will be out very soon... Most probably end- january, or beginning febrauary... However, the CRDi wont come this year... GEtz is a good car... But, if want Getz only,its better to wait for a month...

I think the baleno is the best deal right now at the price... its going to be replaced, however, its unbelievable VFM now... I was quoted an -on-road figure of 5.6 L for the LXi...

That makes the ex- showroom price 5.1+ L, just 20- 30 k more than the Getz... and its got more performance... more mileage... If you can live with the looks... Interiors are also not that good... (But, personally, i feel Getz interior plastics is the worst... Good in quality, but that texture makes it look very cheap... )

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 30th December 2006 at 15:30.
Old 31st December 2006, 07:35   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

Where on earth did you gather that piece of information from. A Dec 2005 Getz GLS (mine) with no extra accessories was offered 4 lacs 2 days ago in Mumbai against a ex showroom price of 4.8 lacs approx - discount of approx 41k(year end).

Now you do the maths as the car is technically almost 2 years old going by the year of registration. It is a far better, safer, roomier car than the Swift. Also as per article in today Times Of India Getz & Swift command the highest resale values amongst the hatch backs..

Viper
Here(at Cochin).....Getz is having poorer resale value when compared to Swift. The depreciation is about 30% for the 1st year when compared to 20% for the Swift.

PS : I've never meant to offend any Getz owners, but this is the state of affairs here.
Old 31st December 2006, 22:33   #24

Got the car delivered today 31st It's a silver GLS.
Price was 4.89l - (7k corporate bonus + 10k exchange bonus) = 4.73L OTR.

Have taken only the temporary registration now..will take permanent registration on Tuesday (3-Jan-07). I hope a 2007 registration will help atleast a little bit in the resale value.

They have given a pioneer mp3 player, teflon and anti rust coating, basic accessories and anti theft system.

Just one irritating thing I noticed about the anti theft system. It has one key which does both lock and unlock functions (usually I've seen separate keys for lock and unlock). And to make matters worse there doesnt seem to be a mute button ( u know the one u can press before lock/unlock so that it doesnt make that beep sound). The remote has 'Hyundai' written on it, so should be an original accessory. Need to check with the dealer if at least something can be done about the beeps. Could disturb the neighbors at night. Anyone faced similar issues ?

Rest all looks fine.

Thanks everyone for ur valuable opinions and advice.

Wish all of u and your loved ones (including your cars) a very happy and prosperous new year.
Old 1st January 2007, 11:06   #25
Team-BHP Support

you should have got a manual with the security system. thatll tell you how to mute it.
Old 1st January 2007, 19:44   #26
BHPian

Congrats on your Purchase...!

Last edited by wolfinstein : 1st January 2007 at 19:45.
Old 1st January 2007, 22:19   #27

Called up the dealer, but even he didnt have any idea how to mute this thing. But I got hold of the manual..it was a thin sheet of paper..kinda difficult to notice.

Seems if u press the lock/unlock and alarm buttons together, it will do a silent lock/unlock . Pressing the alarm button alone triggers a loud alarm, so I never tried pressing both together.

Pretty unintuitive way to do a silent lock/unlock if u ask me, but yeah...I guess I shud have looked for the manual first.
Old 11th January 2007, 13:37   #28
BHPian

Congrats on Getz GLS purchase !!

Hi Gulgulumaal,

Congrats on the purchase of your new Silver Getz GLS .... it's a great car. I stayed in Melbourne for 3 years studying and just before my wife and I came back to Chennai, I rented a Getz 3 door hatch (1.5L engine, 4 spd auto) for us to do all the last minute running around etc for 3-4 days. We both loved the car. It looked small outside but felt huge inside and it was so spacious. This 3 door hatch had 14 inch alloys, powered mirrors, a Hyundai CD/MP3 player with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters as standard etc. And to think I rented it for only $43 per day .... wow !!

We have a 1998 Cielo GLX which has run about 25,000 kms and a 1993 Maruti 800 which has done about 60,000 kms at home .... and now I am trying to coax my dad for a Getz to replace the 800 .... the GLX looks good but I don't know why they have't provided powered mirrors for the GLX at least, which costs 5.48L on road in Chennai, without any discounts.

The space where the power mirror adjustment was situated on the Australian car is just blank in the Indian one .... it just sucks. Plus I heard the 1.3 litre engine is not that great in terms of mileage or power, though it is quite refined.

In Australia, they now have a Getz SX Sports model which is a 3 door hatch with the Accent's 1.6 litre engine !! Man .... that car would fly ! The standard Getz has now a 1.4 litre engine and the 1.6 is also offered as an option. Power steering / windows / locks / mirrors etc are standard on all models. The steering wheel is tiltable too.

I really feel the car has been stripped of so many features in the Indian market.

Please do give your ownership report / findings regarding your Getz soon ... it would be the best to find out from an owner regarding the car.

I heard the spare parts for this car are quite expensive - is this so ?

Cheers, and have fun with the Getz !!

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 11th January 2007, 16:01   #29
Team-BHP Support

im sure power mirrors are available as an option because the car manual has instructions aobu power mirrors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks