Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2007, 23:55   #31
BHPian

just take a ride in the swift you'll love the suspension its silky smooth compared to that of the santro
as you plan on keeping the car for five years certainly go for the swift
the car is of much greater build quality than santro
i have a year old santro and my brother bought his swift about a month after mine and now i certainly envy his car
buy a red swift and get the door handles and side view mirrors painted and voila you have a hot looking hatch
Old 5th January 2007, 10:52   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
after this i took swift zxi for the first time, Ohh, it's driving pleasure, handling, shifting gear's, braking were great[ABS]
Hehe - exactly my thoughts when I drove it for the first time.
Guess you fell for it, just like my friend who was with me that time.
Old 5th January 2007, 11:07   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Swift's spares are costly so maintenance will be more in its class,
Are the spares costly than Hyundai Getz comparatively? Still not went for any spares replacement, so i dont have any idea how costlier it is. Can you please throw more light on this
Old 5th January 2007, 22:55   #34
BHPian

Swift booked

Hi,

Today i booked swift vxi red, expecting delivery within 18th of jan, prefferably on jan15 makara sankranthi, insuarance free, 2000 corporate offer+2000 extra offer on accessories, if any bhpian/your friend's who brought swift recently can give the details of accessories fitted, & also what should be the immediate replacement, which will be usefull for better drive.............
Old 5th January 2007, 23:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

There is not much of a diff on the peppy aspect between these cars.. If you have liked the Swift, certainly go for it. If you are still open for choices,
you should TD the U-VA.. Read the reviews written by some of our comrades on the forum and you know that it would be wise to go for a TD..

Good Luck And Choose wisely - If you think about it, it might take a while before you get to choose another car!

Last edited by Equus : 5th January 2007 at 23:38.
Old 6th January 2007, 00:11   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Hi,

Today i booked swift vxi red, expecting delivery within 18th of jan, prefferably on jan15 makara sankranthi, insuarance free, 2000 corporate offer+2000 extra offer on accessories, if any bhpian/your friend's who brought swift recently can give the details of accessories fitted, & also what should be the immediate replacement, which will be usefull for better drive.............

Congrats...
Old 6th January 2007, 23:55   #37
BHPian

swift in white

Swift is now available in Pearl white. Saw one Lxi which was ready for delivery...looks cool.

Also on the insurance, for swift Zxi new insurance costs only 300/- more. Free 1st year insurance is the offer for Jan.
Old 14th January 2007, 00:23   #38
BHPian

Swift petrol/diesel???

Hi,

As u know i already booked swift vxi, the news here in forum,is swift diesel will be launch in next week, is this worth to wait & go for diesel? can we believe maruti that, diesel version's will not be stopped like ZEN diesel, in short period!??

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post354783

INDIACAR.NET - Bringing you the latest auto news
Old 14th January 2007, 18:33   #39
Senior - BHPian

Since Swift Diesel is new car and Maruti is setting up Diesel plant now I suggest you go with Swift Petrol 2007 manufacturing because they have tuned and fixed few issues with old Swifts.

If Swift Diesel costs even just 30K extra than Petrol and gives wonerfull FE I suggest Petrol because its too new car so we can't tell anything now about Diesel. I am sure this time Maruti's Diesel car's should click but can't say right now.

However If you can wait for a month please wait and see Swift Diesel whats the market response for Swift Diesel and then decide.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 14th January 2007, 20:18   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
However If you can wait for a month please wait and see Swift Diesel whats the market response for Swift Diesel and then decide.
He has booked the swift already...
Old 14th January 2007, 21:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

But he cancelled Santro so why not cancel Petrol Swift and think of Diesel one?
Old 15th January 2007, 13:13   #42
BHPian

the swift diesel engine should not be a cause for worry.. its the fiat multi-jet one (or JTD - as fiat likes to call it).. that engine has won quite a few awards worldwide for being one of the best small diesels around.. just watch out for the price difference though.. it might be more than 30k....
Old 15th January 2007, 23:32   #43
BHPian

Quote:
But he cancelled Santro so why not cancel Petrol Swift and think of Diesel one?
Nothing to worry about booking, i may go for diesel, but my daily running will be around 15kms for 5days, weekend add another 40-50kms, occasional long trip, for this kind of running, is it worth to invest extra 40k[approx]?
Old 16th January 2007, 00:22   #44
Team-BHP Support

No... its is not worth it at all subbarao. for your kind of driving distances it makes immense sense to buy a petrol car and save the 50k in your account. As it is, you have stretched to the max to book the VXi (as you said)... Today the banks are giving 8.5% return on deposits. Thats 4250 annually... Thats more than Rs.350 pm on interest. With 15 kms to run everyday. Not enough savings to really think of a diesel car I would say. At a Rs.15 savings daily on fuel costs it makes just Rs.450 saved per month. A mere Rs.100 savings on monthly fuel bills... Is it worth the hassles for you? Think about it.

Last edited by Zappo : 16th January 2007 at 00:24.
Old 16th January 2007, 20:01   #45
BHPian

Swift Vxi-PETROL decided

Hi,

...Expecting quick reply from u all, swift RED[lot of red's on road] or AZURE GRAY?????

Thanking you individually for your reply's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks