Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

View Poll Results: Which petrol hot hatch will you choose?
Tata Tiago JTP 153 21.43%
Maruti Baleno RS 22 3.08%
Fiat Abarth Punto 256 35.85%
VW Polo GT TSI 264 36.97%
Other (Please specify in your post) 19 2.66%
Voters: 714. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1st April 2019, 12:05   #136
BHPian

Default Re: Your favourite hot hatch in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
In case your decision to skip JTP is purely on the basis of dealer attitude, I'll recommend you register for test drive at https://jtp.tatamotors.com/. I am sure there will be positive response. Also, please do check if the dealer you visited is a JTSV dealer on the above website. JTSV has selected dealers and those who are not authorised JTSV dealers would naturally want to steer enquiries towards other cars.
Also because my family will never allow me to buy a TATA after bad experience with an older Indica. My dad always says TATA only makes good commercial vehicles and trucks not passenger cars
hondatoyotafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2019, 12:50   #137
BHPian

Default Re: Which Hot Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondatoyotafan View Post
This car is purely for me to commute to client locations in the narrower part of town where the kodiaq is tough to manouver.
I am not discouraging you out of your choice but if that is the main use of the car, then I guess Santro AMT is best suited for the that exact need.

NaXal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2019, 12:55   #138
BHPian

Quote:
I skipped the JTP Twins because of the attitude of both my local tata dealers who always say there is no JTP TD vehicle.
Is fiat truly shutting shop, the SA at the showroom told me that there were no immediate plans to close shop as of now for atleast an year.
A short email to Tata should get you a TD car in no time. As Sameer said, check if the dealers are those chosen to sell JTSV vehicles. Also, yes Fiat is shutting shop Link.

Quote:
Also because my family will never allow me to buy a TATA after bad experience with an older Indica. My dad always says TATA only makes good commercial vehicles and trucks not passenger cars
Tata has changed since their Indica days. Take a TD and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Iyencar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2019, 21:14   #139
BHPian

Default Re: Which Hot Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
I am not discouraging you out of your choice but if that is the main use of the car, then I guess Santro AMT is best suited for the that exact need.

I would have done that but i want decent punch when i hit the highway in town for short patches and good build quality moreover i am not a fan of AMT's.

Off Topic but some of my friends have been advising me to get an Activa and put the difference in an MF or similar investment. But the petrol head weakness in us wants more car
hondatoyotafan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2019, 01:10   #140
BHPian

How come a car faster and cheaper than three of the cars mentioned in the poll list fails to make it to the list? Any variant of the diesel Ford Figo can be considered to be among the best of the hot hatches.

I do agree that, in the absence of the sports edition, the variant that contains the committed suspension will make the diesel Figo variants to be incompatible to be considered in this discussion. But the option of having a car that is cheaper and frugal than these three cars that are listed here is heartening and buying one and fitting an after market shocks might sort out the lack of sporty suspension too.

Ford can end all this dilemma by bring the fiesta ST.

Last edited by COMMUTER : 2nd April 2019 at 01:27.
COMMUTER is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2019, 23:22   #141
BHPian

Default Why does the GT TSI feel so fast

After test driving the figo 1.5 AT even though the figo has 120+bhp on paper it still does not feel as fast as the GT TSI which has only 103 bhp on tap. I dont know if ford specs are overrated or it is the DSG gearbox in the GT TSI that is the genius. Experts please clarify
hondatoyotafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2019, 23:26   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
A short email to Tata should get you a TD car in no time. As Sameer said, check if the dealers are those chosen to sell JTSV vehicles. Also, yes Fiat is shutting shop Link.

Tata has changed since their Indica days. Take a TD and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised.
postponed my plans for a new hatch to replace my ageing swift. Will be looking at new car launches of this and the next year. especially the KIA launches. Will be looking for a real hot hatch. TATA Dealers are not too enthusiastic about the JTP.

The ford figo does not feel as hot as the abarth and fiat is shutting shop so dont want to go with the fiat with terrible resale. If anybody from KIA is reading this please launch an automatic hatch with proper TC/DSG(no amt please) with 100+ bhp on tap, more than 4 airbags and decent interiors . You have a customer in waiting.
hondatoyotafan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2019, 23:41   #143
BHPian

Default Re: Why does the GT TSI feel so fast

It is the extra torque from the turbo that is making the major difference. The quick shifting DSG only helps further.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2019, 20:35   #144
BHPian

I own a Figo S TDCI but like the Abarth Punto. Only if Fiat had good sales and service, I would have happily gone with the Abarth. Even today there are few good service centers operational but since we own cars for a minimum of 5-7 years, the current situation of Fiat does not inspire much confidence.

Figo S is a good car but warm hatch to say the least. It could have been better if they had increased the bhp & torque figures, added all disc brakes and a sporty exhaust. May have taken the price a bit higher but may have managed to sell more.

I wish there is some 360 revival of Fiat soon. Feels bad to see such liked brand going down without a fight.
VWAllstar is offline   Reply With Quote