Tiago 86 52.44%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2019, 14:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which AMT hatchback? Santro vs WagonR vs Tiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
What would be your choice of AMT ? Not considering Datsun GO AMT/Kwid AMT and Celerio AMT.
Failure rates have been high on the Santro AMT as well. I would recommend the Ignis Delta AMT. And whichever be the AMT ask him to pick up the extended warranty.

Check here for Santro AMT Issues: URL (Hyundai Santro : Official Review) and here URL (Hyundai Santro : Official Review)

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 29th November 2019 at 14:42.
vsrivatsa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 17:54   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Can you please elaborate a little more? May be the break up of the 1L discount you got? How much was cash? if there was any exchange bonus?
Sure.

Cash discount of 30,000 was advertised in the papers. After more haggling, SA offered 6.25L as a final price, I coaxed SA to 6.15L and after agreeing to that price, I mentioned that I would be getting the insurance done on my own which threw SA off balance as dealership has some final margins in the insurance amount as well, which was 37,000 in my case. He gave up when I started trying to walk away. Then after a recalculation, he quoted final price as 5.90L. There is no exchange or loyalty bonus involved, and I booked the car immediately on paying 60k.
thetuxracer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 18:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Which AMT hatchback? Santro vs WagonR vs Tiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetuxracer View Post
Sure.

Cash discount of 30,000 was advertised in the papers. After more haggling, SA offered 6.25L as a final price, I coaxed SA to 6.15L and after agreeing to that price, I mentioned that I would be getting the insurance done on my own which threw SA off balance as dealership has some final margins in the insurance amount as well, which was 37,000 in my case. He gave up when I started trying to walk away. Then after a recalculation, he quoted final price as 5.90L. There is no exchange or loyalty bonus involved, and I booked the car immediately on paying 60k.
So you got a cash discount of >80k. Wow that's a lot. I haggled a lot with 2 dealers here in Kolkata but could not get more than 38k. That too after buying 2 cars together.

Last edited by Pancham : 29th November 2019 at 18:40.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 20:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then after a recalculation, he quoted final price as 5.90L. There is no exchange or loyalty bonus involved, and I booked the car immediately on paying 60k.
5.9l OTR with insurance is the best deal I saw for sports. Congrats! 6.2 is the best they offer though.
I am also in the final stages of booking and currently awaiting mainly because of September manufactured versions they offered (anniversary edition)
Which month model are you getting?
Old 29th November 2019, 20:47   #35

Quote:
So you got a cash discount of >80k. Wow that's a lot. I haggled a lot with 2 dealers here in Kolkata but could not get more than 38k. That too after buying 2 cars together.
Yeah, this dealer is one of the larger ones in Pune. I also told the SA if he doesn't negotiate, I am just as happy to book a Kwid. Come to think of it, I got a Santro in the price of a Kwid, since a Kwid is 5.80 ONR. I do have to pay 15-18k as out of pocket insurance, so my total price is like 5.80 + 18k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Which month model are you getting?
I would be getting a 2019 Oct or November hopefully, assuming there isnt a backlog at the plant.
Old 29th November 2019, 21:46   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, this dealer is one of the larger ones in Pune. I also told the SA if he doesn't negotiate, I am just as happy to book a Kwid. Come to think of it, I got a Santro in the price of a Kwid, since a Kwid is 5.80 ONR. I do have to pay 15-18k as out of pocket insurance, so my total price is like 5.80 + 18k.

I would be getting a 2019 Oct or November hopefully, assuming there isnt a backlog at the plant.
Hey Tux.

I just checked, the quote we received for the Sportz AMT was 6.24L OTR without discounts. Here is the breakup:

Ex-showroom - 559990
Regn - 34999
Insurance - 23000
Misc Charges - 5000
Total - 5.93L Approx.

This is without the discount.

We finally paid INR 5.94L. How is your OTR (6.9L) so high?
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 22:30   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Tux.

I just checked, the quote we received for the Sportz AMT was 6.24L OTR without discounts.

Could be location related difference.
In Tvm, otr without discounts is around 6.4l for reference
sarathlal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 01:51   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Tux.

I just checked, the quote we received for the Sportz AMT was 6.24L OTR without discounts. Here is the breakup:

The On Road Price of a car can vary by upto a lakh or so in this budget depending on the location as the road taxes can be quite significant. Possibly you are in an area where taxes are much lower
pganapathy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 13:42   #39

Quote:
Hey Tux.

Ex-showroom - 559990
Regn - 34999
Insurance - 23000
Misc Charges - 5000
Total - 5.93L Approx.

This is without the discount.

Hello Pancham.

This is my cost breakup

570990 - Ex
000000 - Insurance
067165 - Road tax, registration
005000 - Extended warranty
001700 - RML
001201 - RSA
003000 - other charges

Totals to 649xxx without insurance. SA was quoting something like 28-33k for Insurance. I am not certain of the amount but it was insanely high.
thetuxracer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 13:44   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Failure rates have been high on the Santro AMT as well. I would recommend the Ignis Delta AMT. And whichever be the AMT ask him to pick up the extended warranty.

Check here for Santro AMT Issues: URL (Hyundai Santro : Official Review) and here URL (Hyundai Santro : Official Review)
Hello, vsrivatsa. Thank you for bringing this to my notice.

My friend (MF) works at ARAI and he has asked his friend (HF) who works in Hyundai. HF said that it happens but is very rare. I will post more information on Monday.
Old 30th November 2019, 15:35   #41
KPR
BANNED

Ignis is quite a good car to consider alongwith Tiago, Santro. With so many discounts going on one can bargain on delta AMT at close to 6L on road.
Old 7th December 2019, 21:44   #42
BHPian

I am getting Santro sportz AMT for 6 lakh on road, including all optional items like extended warranty, accessories pack etc. Since there are no discounts on nios, I feel better to take this deal, as price difference is about 2.4 lakh, which I don't think is worth it.
Old 16th December 2019, 12:14   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
I am getting Santro sportz AMT for 6 lakh on road, including all optional items like extended warranty, accessories pack etc. Since there are no discounts on nios, I feel better to take this deal, as price difference is about 2.4 lakh, which I don't think is worth it.
may I know where you booked this ? One of my friend was given such a quote but he was offered very old car so we did not book.
Old 16th December 2019, 13:10   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
may I know where you booked this ? One of my friend was given such a quote but he was offered very old car so we did not book.
This is through AckoDrive.

I didn't book. They don't have the car in stock, not even for test drive. They said that if I book it now, the discount will be frozen, and I will get the same discount on the freshly made car that will arrive in Jan. But the ex showroom itself may have increased. If I make full payment and get it invoiced now itself, then the full price will get locked, and I will be insured from the price hike, if any.

Still I haven't booked, because no test drive.
Old 20th December 2019, 01:16   #45
BHPian

Dear All,

I am planning for WagonR AGS ZXI 1.2, have been driving swift vdi abs since past 9 years and am fed up of the stop go traffic in Pune. Add to that my daily commute of approx 40 Km, the left knee has already started showing signs of minor pain.

I am being quoted 6.83 after discount. I am a bit surprised, even though there is a slow down in auto sector, December month plus the competition from Hyundai, there don't seem much discount from Maruti. The arrogance is such that the rep didnt bother to pursue further to try and retain the customer.

Has anymore members booked this amt model in this month and what was the final cost?
tush is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks