Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2007, 22:42   #16
Team-BHP Support

theMAG, why not pratham dude? whats wrong with them?
Old 24th January 2007, 22:58   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

vid,

Thumb rule/ word-of-mouth considering customer satisfaction, treatment and service quality: RNS, Mandovi, Sagar, Pratham, Bimal; in that order. Pal o mine got Swift from Pratham - I'd been with him for the event; and I got mine from RNS - he'd come for the event. The unanimous choice: RNS. Besides during 1st service, Pratham detuned his car for mileage w/o informing him - now that car drives like an 800 cc gaadi. Mine still resembles the 1300 cc chariot its supposed to. There's another thread here from a Maruti owner abt some bad service quality he got from Pratham/Bimal.

Inthi nimma,
theMAG
Old 24th January 2007, 23:08   #18
Team-BHP Support

hmmm exact opposite story for me. I bought my car from Pratham. They gave the best offers amongst mandovi and RNS. Also their customer service was pretty good.
I found the RNS guys to be horrible. They didn't even come for a test drive on time, the guy kept lying through his nose with lame excuses.

My friend ended up buying from mandovi. they have an aura around them that they are the best dealers for some reason. but their customer service was ok.

All the 3 dealers are cheats when it comes to accessories. they will tell you they are giving this free then change it at upon delivery. I was told garware anti scratch tints costing Rs.1800 instead got Rs.550 normal tints.

My friend who bought from mandovi was fooled at the time of delivery that tints are banned and they cant give it anymore.

I am scared of RNS after they delivered the car (M800) with a broken oil filter which he noticed after 2 days. when he goes back to them they say he drove over a stone which threw the stone into the engine bay and hit the oil filter.
Old 24th January 2007, 23:14   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
vid,

Thumb rule/ word-of-mouth considering customer satisfaction, treatment and service quality: RNS, Mandovi, Sagar, Pratham, Bimal; in that order. Pal o mine got Swift from Pratham - I'd been with him for the event; and I got mine from RNS - he'd come for the event. The unanimous choice: RNS. Besides during 1st service, Pratham detuned his car for mileage w/o informing him - now that car drives like an 800 cc gaadi. Mine still resembles the 1300 cc chariot its supposed to. There's another thread here from a Maruti owner abt some bad service quality he got from Pratham/Bimal.

Inthi nimma,
theMAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
hmmm exact opposite story for me. I bought my car from Pratham. They gave the best offers amongst mandovi and RNS. Also their customer service was pretty good.
I found the RNS guys to be horrible. They didn't even come for a test drive on time, the guy kept lying through his nose with lame excuses.

My friend ended up buying from mandovi. they have an aura around them that they are the best dealers for some reason. but their customer service was ok.

All the 3 dealers are cheats when it comes to accessories. they will tell you they are giving this free then change it at upon delivery. I was told garware anti scratch tints costing Rs.1800 instead got Rs.550 normal tints.

My friend who bought from mandovi was fooled at the time of delivery that tints are banned and they cant give it anymore.

I am scared of RNS after they delivered the car (M800) with a broken oil filter which he noticed after 2 days. when he goes back to them they say he drove over a stone which threw the stone into the engine bay and hit the oil filter.
I think the starter of this thread wished the thread hadnt been started

These are the threads I was refering to - they talk abt Bimal, sorry abt that btw:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...vice-over.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ice-sucks.html

Last edited by theMAG : 24th January 2007 at 23:20.
Old 24th January 2007, 23:22   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think the starter of this thread wished the thread hadnt been started

why dude it is good to let others know of their experiences. frankly speaking all maruti dealers here are sad here.

Hyundai guys are better.

While buying from any maruthi/hyundai dealer one has to be very careful. whatever offers, freebies you get take it in writing from the salesman.
Old 24th January 2007, 23:30   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
why dude it is good to let others know of their experiences. frankly speaking all maruti dealers here are sad here.

Hyundai guys are better.

While buying from any maruthi/hyundai dealer one has to be very careful. whatever offers, freebies you get take it in writing from the salesman.
No mano - trust me on this ; RNS Yeshwantpur treated me like a king - AND stuck to everything they had committed to offer on the car - both pricing discounts and accessories. And their service/followup is brilliant - I had initial apprehensions after I got my alloys that they might ding/scratch them - and I told them abt my sensitivities; no more worries. I live in Jayanagar 8th block - its a 20 km drive for me to drive to RNS Y'pur - but I wouldnt even dream of leaving the Swift anywhere else for service. Besides they're also the ones who proactively offered to replace some parts causing the vibes on the Swift - as I've highlighted in my other thread; when its obvious from the replies in that thread no other dealer did.

Call me before you leave the Alto for next service - we'll drive down to RNS Y'pur and you can experience what I've described 1st hand.
Old 25th January 2007, 20:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hi theMAG,

I second your opinion, RNS, Mandovi are best in bangalore and Pratham better BIMAL but again I can say based on my and experience from other
guys BIMAL is worst place they cheat in every aspect and Pratham also same thing both run the dealership to earn money thats all, thats what most of the guys told when checked.

Maruti Diesel swit price seems but high according to me! Petrol still makes good choice as far Swift goes.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 2nd February 2007, 12:26   #23

Thanks for all your replies. I arranged for outside finance myself though the sales executive from Pratham did his best to sell me the inhouse finance option. When I told him that my loan approval would come through shortly he promised to come down and give it to me in writing as to what accesories/discounts he could offer.

Finally my loan approval came and the guy did not turn up. I tried calling him up but he didn't return my call. I called up Pratham and told them to ask the guy to get in touch with me, but to no avail.

I had already told the bank guy that my dealer was going to be Pratham and he was asking for my confirmation if he could go ahead with the loan disbursal. I mean I had already decided on the car and I had the cheque in hand and here these people weren't even interested in doing business. It left me thinking whether they were in the business of selling loans or cars. If this is their attitude even before the payment is made I shudder to think what the after sales service would be like.

I had no other option but to visit other dealers. First I visited both Mandovi and Bimal but I found the response from the sales people to be poor. Finally I settled on Sagar. The response was very good and the person was ready to give me cash discount worth 14K. So I went ahead and cancelled the booking I had done in Pratham and they didn't even bother to ask why!!

I contacted the bank guy and told him to change the dealer. The whole process of disbursal, downpayment and documentation was smooth and over in 2 days and the delivery (Red Vxi) is on Monday.

Now looking forward to my first car!!
Old 17th August 2007, 13:01   #24
BHPian

Is this right time to buy new Swift ?

Hi,
I am planning to buy a car and I've been going thru the threads since past two odd months. There is some much information / advices here that almost all my doubts got clear without posting a single query Thanks to team-bhp.
I live and work in Bangalore. After doing some research, I've shortlisted Swift Vxi / Zxi. To my surprise Bimal auto promised me to deliver zxi within 10 days of booking, I am still in a confusion is it worth to spend extra 90,000 on zxi is it worth the money ? but now I am wondering is this the right time to buy a swift ? The reasons are.

1. There is a news that Swift's engine will be replaced with the newer M series engine soon. I've asked this to few Maruti dealers but they were not aware of this.
2. No discounts are offered on swift right now, this could change during festive seasons.
3. How much would be difference for an end user like me with the new engine ?
4. Also please advise me weather zxi is worth what one would pay for ? This would our stretch my budget but if its worth I will go for it

I don't want a new car desperately, but don't want to delay a purchase beyond 45 days either, could wait if the new changes are compelling enough.

Request to moderators, if this is not the correct place to post this thread, please could put it at the right place ? I am new here.

Thanks in advance !

Last edited by Zappo : 17th August 2007 at 14:12. Reason: Threads merged
Old 28th August 2007, 21:16   #25
BHPian

Intend to Buy Swift VXI!! Need Advise

Hi Guys,

I am planning to pickup a Swift VXI. I shall be driving max 25-30 Kms a day. I guess for this mileage Petrol wd suit fine.

I have two questions :

1. Should i be waiting until Diwali for a better discount? I am afriad deal may not be great for SWift, as i dont even see Swift in Aug Independce DAy Offer Launched by MAruti? Would they try to offer something special for Diwali

2. I have got the following deal from Khivraj? Who are guys out in Cehnnai, who offers best deals? any suggestions??

But currently Khivraj Motors Chennai is offfering a 20K Discount, VXI without ABS is working out to 452146 on road.

"EX Show Room Price " : 424476
Discount : - 20000
Insurance : 12641
"Regn & Life Tax " : 35029
Total : 452146

3. Cd guys who picked Swift recently, throw details on the deal and freebies offered?

4. Probably is it worth while, to form a group of guys interested in buying Swift and then negotiate...Any takers???

Looking forward to hear from you guys,

Thanks in Advance..

Prasanna KV

Last edited by Zappo : 29th August 2007 at 00:49. Reason: Threads merged. Always search and use an existing thread on the subject.
Old 29th August 2007, 15:00   #26
Senior - BHPian

The prices in chennai are much cheaper when compared to bangalore. The current price for Vxi with ABS here is 5.51 on-road. No discounts whatsoever, not even corp discounts .

I am planning to wait till diwali/dussera. Not sure if there'll be any discounts, but with the festive season just around the corner I guess there is no harm in waiting.

Cheers,
Jag
Old 29th August 2007, 16:04   #27
BHPian

Jag

Are you sure its 5.51 and NOT 5.16 ? Paper in my hand tells me its 5.16. Do cross check it.

Yes waiting perid in BLR is one month for VXI and with VXI (ABS) add a week more or so.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
The prices in chennai are much cheaper when compared to bangalore. The current price for Vxi with ABS here is 5.51 on-road. No discounts whatsoever, not even corp discounts .

I am planning to wait till diwali/dussera. Not sure if there'll be any discounts, but with the festive season just around the corner I guess there is no harm in waiting.

Cheers,
Jag
Old 30th August 2007, 14:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

Yes, you are right lambu. I meant 5.15 and nor 5.51.
Sorry for the typo.
Old 30th August 2007, 16:11   #29
BHPian

Hey guys,

I bought a swift a month back - Silky Silver VXi (without ABS) - from Indiranagar - Bimal. Before this I had a Zen for abt 2.6 years which was being serviced by Bimal.

I want to share 2 things after reading this thread....

1. The experience of dealing with Bimal has been gr8. I got my car in 3 days flat considering the waiting period ; along with my choice of REGN No. as well..... The service has been good, they pick-up & drop the car free of charge, the service mechanic calls as soon as he receives the car to ask if there are any specific probs, etc. even when I had the Zen.

But I guess its the personal relationship you build that gets you good service anywhere.

Quote:
....Call me before you leave the Alto for next service - we'll drive down to RNS Y'pur and you can experience what I've described 1st hand.
I am sure that theMAG knows some1 in RNS & that always helps.

2. I got Rs.5000 discount + Rs. 2000 (Corp. Discount) - Total cost - Rs. 4,87,xxx ORC (currently you can get only Rs. 2000 (corp. Discount).

However I dont think that there is going to be any further discounts on the Swift & SX4 till Nov End/December. The Reason is that (from confirmed sources @ MUL) they are not able to meet production levels at their new plant...so they have a lot of pending bookings....hence the waiting period....so as a result the backlog will continue till they clear it....therefore no need of offering discount as they don't want additional sales right NOW!!!
Old 30th August 2007, 17:47   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista2Swift View Post

However I dont think that there is going to be any further discounts on the Swift & SX4 till Nov End/December. The Reason is that (from confirmed sources @ MUL)
Oh my God this is definitely not the kind of news i wished to hear

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks