Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2007, 00:18   #1

Maruti Swift prices

Hi,

This is my first post at teambhp. I really need some info and advice as I'm about to purchase a Swift shortly.

Last week (on Jan 20th) I had gone to Pratham Motors in Bangalore to decide whether to buy a Swift or not. The salesperson after showing me around urged me to book it rightaway, so that he could get the registration done within the week. I asked him for some more time to enable me to take a decision.

He kept calling me almost every day saying that the prices for the Swift were going to increase after the 26th of Jan and that I should book it immeditaely. The inhouse finance guy said he could arrange for finance within 2 days so the whole process could be completed within 26th itself. But I was not happy with the rates being offered by the inhouse finance guy, so I decided to arrange for finance myself directly through the bank. But that could take till mid next week.

So what I really want to know is,
Is the price for Swift going to increase from next week, as the salesperson said?
Also this month MUL is offering 100% free insurance for one year through all its dealers (for Swift). I am not sure if this offer will persist next month too.

So considering this, is it better to go for the inhouse finance even though it is a good 1.5% higher than what the banks are offering and get the whole thing done within this week itself (assuming what the salesguy said to be true regarding the impending pricehike). Or can I afford to wait till
next week for the finance to come through from the bank and then go ahead with it.

P.S: I already paid a booking amount of 12K which I understand is refundable. But I dont know if that is enough to block my price at today's rate.

Thanks in advance....
Old 24th January 2007, 11:00   #2

Any replies?? I need to make a decision on this soon
Old 24th January 2007, 11:22   #3
BHPian

You can surely wait .. as Maruti is going to launch Swift Diesel today. You might want to have a look ( rather test drive ) on the new swift. I don't think Swift petrol prices will be increased, as petrol version will feel the heat from its diesel counterpart.
Old 24th January 2007, 11:23   #4
BHPian

Mods : may be this thread can be shifted to appropriate section
Old 24th January 2007, 11:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

My thoughts:
1) Don't buckle under sales person & finance people's pressure. They have to meet their sales target and they don't care whether you get the best.
PS: Price hike threat is the most common tactic employed by them
2) I guess Maruti has already revised Swift prices and I don't think they will do again till Budget or when diesel Swift is launched.
3) Swift will be launched in diesel version and its definetly worth consider that. Please follow that thread here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...very-soon.html
4) Check out EMI per lac for various banks and go for the lowest one. Also consider part-payment & pre-closure charges, while deciding on the bank.
PS: Most banks take 2 to 3 days for processing (either in-house or not).
Old 24th January 2007, 11:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

Waiting until mid next week should be fine. Which model are you buying ? Usually you get free insurance and a discount (25000 Zxi) plus a few accessories.
Old 24th January 2007, 11:56   #7
BHPian

The price hike, even if it occurs is something that should never cause you to rush - unless of course you have already made up your mind and know exactly what you want.

The salesperson must be putting pressure on you to achieve his targets, and perhaps getting you to commit before the Swift diesel is launched.

You're the one who will have to live with the purchase for the next few or more years - do not succumb to pressure - a price hike has little effect when spread over a repayment plan that spans a few years.

All in all, if you're sure you want the Swift, go ahead. If not, waiting a while won't hurt. Deals are typically available through the year.
Old 24th January 2007, 16:14   #8

Many thanks for the replies. I have decided to go in for the Vxi model. Regarding the diesel variant I dont think I'll go for it, considering it's pricetag.

Also this being my first car (in fact the first car in my family) I'm not sure a diesel would be cut out for me. Eitherways I cant wait beyond Feb 15th to get a car.

Initially I had decided on Estilo but then changed my mind after test driving a Swift. I just want to be sure I can get the best deal that would be available before Feb 15th. So when the salesperson kept mentioning about the alleged pricehike after this week, I tried to fasttrack things.

I tried to independently confirm abt this possible pricehike but I wasn't able to. All that the various news sites and sources mention is about MUL's impending pricehike in January. But these newslinks are about a month old. So I dont know if the pricehike has already happened or it is yet to.

The MUL website mentions about the free insurance offer on the Vxi model for the period 1st Jan to 31st Jan. I dont know if this offer will persist in Feb too. So considering all this I have to make a decision regarding the finance, which right now is the only thing I need to arrange.

If I go in for the inhouse finance guy, I can get it in 2 days and get the whole thing done by this week. If I go in directly through the bank which I've approached yesterday it'll take till next week, but I'll still get it done within Jan (so I can avail the free insurance). If, as msdivy suggested, I get the quote from a couple of banks and then compare it'll take me till Feb 1st week or so (when I cant be sure the free insurance offer will exist).

So any suggestions?
Old 24th January 2007, 16:25   #9
BHPian

Dont trust the sale people.. take ur time .I booked my swift in december as they told me that the Prices are going to increase in Jan by 7-8K. But so far the price have not increased.
He was pushing me to go for HDFC/ICICI.. but i took loan from SBI which took 2 weeks..
I heard HDFC/ICICI gives 2% of the loan amt to the dealer as commission but SBI gives them nothing.
Old 24th January 2007, 16:44   #10

Take pre-approved loan from ICICI i.e. loan on phone, ur loan will be sanctioned on phone and the phone banking officer of ICICI will give u 16 digit no. that u have to give to the any icici finance guy sitting at the showrooms. This is for ICICI bank customers only. You have to call to the phone banking of ICICI.
Old 24th January 2007, 16:52   #11
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Hi! wait for few days. check for delas with other maruti dealers in bangalore. as swift diesel is launched you may get more discount or offers from dealers. always go for outside funding unless in house is too attractive. they always say it will be done in two days but they too take more than a week. it is sales trick. don't believe. go for SBI as it has a tie up with maruti. so it will be faster esp if u happen to be a customer for them since few years. further there is pre payment penalty in PSU banks
Old 24th January 2007, 16:57   #12
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Hi! wait for few days. check for delas with other maruti dealers in bangalore. as swift diesel is launched you may get more discount or offers from dealers. always go for outside funding unless in house is too attractive. they always say it will be done in two days but they too take more than a week. it is sales trick. don't believe. go for SBI as it has a tie up with maruti. so it will be faster esp if u happen to be a customer for them since few years. further there is pre payment penalty in PSU banks
Hi!
correction
there is no prepayment penalty in PSU banks
Old 24th January 2007, 17:46   #13
BHPian

Offers are made by MUL every month ( have heard that these dealers get a fresh offer from MUL to make by the end of first week of every month, not sure about the authenticity of that info. though!) and they are presented in a new form, making sure that the cost due to the discount to MUL is almost the same at any point of time. So, I feel, there is no need to worry about the free insurance offer etc since you may get the equivalent benefit in other form too in coming months.

Coming to your decision of Swift Vxi, I think its an excellent choice. Please make sure that you obtain the quotation from all the dealers in Bangalore and decide on the best one. Regarding finance also, better to have many options to consider than going blindly with the sales person. It would be always wise to opt for a nationalised bank for availing the finance option as it would be transparent and less expensive effectively.

So, take your sweet time, consider all the aspects of the quotation including freebies, track record of the dealer in terms of post-purchase-car service offered, finance options etc and then make a decision.

All the very best!
Old 24th January 2007, 21:53   #14
BHPian

Hi,

Last sunday i took delivery of swift vxi from mandovi, no price hike's, don't believe & listen to these stupid sales guys. bargain it further surely u will get atleast 2000 on accessories, don't make the loan with icici, go for psu, i made with CB, interest rate's hiked to 11% from 9.5%.
Old 24th January 2007, 22:35   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

All car prices are scheduled to increase by end-Jan. However, you'd do well by buying your car from RNS/Mandovi/Sagar rather than Pratham/Bimal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks