Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 10th October 2019, 08:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford sibling rivalry: Figo Blu or Freestyle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshan View Post
Thanks tharian and VWAllstar for your confidence inspiring post. Especially, after a chance encounter with an acquaintance who would swear that Ford is a no-go. He told me of a friend's aspire that's been waiting for spares for almost fortnight. Now, since he dint mention "what" spares exactly I am unable to comment on the same.
However, one point i would like to ask you guys here is, according to him, Ford engines (including the dragon series) dont last even a lakh kilometer, unlike the first generation Fiesta.
To be honest, I really liked the Figo, and comments like these are scaring the living daylights out of me. And his suggestion was to head towards Maruti/Tata/Honda.
Would love to hear your views on this too.
Thanks guys.

Regarding the part availability, if it is a slow moving part, there are chances there will be a wait. Mainly because the part has to be sourced from another service center or the depot. Most of the times, the parts will be available at the depot as it is well stocked. In this case, the reason maybe something else.
For example, recently I got my left power window switch replaced under warranty. They did not have the part since the service centre I visit was closing down. So they sourced the part from another service centre and came home and fixed it. All this in one day. I did wait for a week for their follow up before that since the guy I spoke a week before did not follow up.

As for the Dragon engine not lasting for a lakh kms, I am surprised that people still think we live in the era of Padmini's and Amby's.
Sounds more like the statement came out from a rival car company showroom and spread.

Last edited by tharian : 10th October 2019 at 08:48. Reason: adding more
tharian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 13:49   #32
BHPian

Mechanically, what is different between the Freestyle & Figo. Yes the GC is lower on the Figo, but have they actually used different or superior suspension parts on the Freestyle?
Old 10th June 2020, 21:37   #33
BHPian

Default BSVI Freestyle vs Figo - The car that makes more sense.

The thought of writing this post came to my mind after going through the Polo TSI vs Ford TDCi poll by user Shantnumehta. Here is the link to the same:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatch...nthusiast.html (VW Polo 1.0 TSI vs Ford Figo 1.5L TDCi for an enthusiast?)

Unsurprising as it is, the TDCi is winning the contest as it is not just a great engine, the Figo as a car is much more VFM.
But this brings me to the question: which one to select between the Figo and the Freestyle?

The Freestyle in its BSIV avatar was undoubtedly the go-to choice due to mainly two reasons:
  • Additional safety features making it a much safer car than the Figo.
  • The slick SYNC 3 infotainment system in the T+ variant which is miles ahead of the basic FlyAudio system of the Figo (not only in terms of usability but also in terms of connectivity like the Apple Car Play and the Android Auto which are a must have in today's cars).

When the country was expecting Ford to bring the system to Figo, they took a step back and removed the system from Freestyle/Aspire. (A big question on Ford's strategy. Sync 3 was a major selling point even with the meagre numbers these cars were making. How can they fail so miserably to understand what the customer needs?)

Now that the Sync 3 system is gone, does Freestyle still make sense over the Figo?

Name:  2018FordKaFigo.jpg
Views: 1589
Size:  20.5 KB
SansGT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 00:19   #34
BHPian

Default Re: BSVI Freestyle vs Figo - The car that makes more sense.

Unfortunately Freestyle Titanium+ also lost Sync 3 infotainment system . Attached is the updated brochure which confirms that both Titanium & Titanium+ get only touchscreen (captive) infotainment system.

Out of the Figo & Freestyle, my pick will be Freestyle because of extra safety it offers.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf main-brochure-freestyle-web.pdf (2.59 MB, 159 views)
karan0009 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 00:30   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
does Freestyle still make sense over the Figo?
Attachment 2015527
They are mechanically the same. And due to the higher ground clearance and better safety features, the Freestyle would be my pick over the Figo.
7000plusrpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 00:44   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan0009 View Post
Unfortunately Freestyle Titanium+ also lost Sync 3 infotainment system .
True! When the entry level cars are also providing Android Auto or Car Play, a near 10 lakh INR car misses out on the feature. It really makes me think whether Ford is serious about the Indian customers. Not sure of the thought process here.
SansGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 01:27   #37
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 11th June 2020 at 07:39.
turbo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th June 2020, 03:01   #38
BHPian

Mechanically if there is no difference between the Freestyle & Figo, have they used taller suspension setup to achieve higher GC on the FS? Has Ford used different parts on the FS suspension, can someone please explain?

Last edited by John316_WRC : 11th June 2020 at 03:03.
Old 11th June 2020, 12:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

Freestyle is the better option any day. Reasons:

1. Better and more butch looks
2. Better safety features
3. Better ground clearance for bad roads

Also, and thankfully, the Freestyle comes with all black interiors now. One of the cons of the earlier Freestyle was the garish brown interiors. Now with the all black interiors, this drawback has been addressed.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2020, 02:18   #40
BHPian

Default Confused between Ford Freestyle and Figo while buying my first car.

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I shall try it is in compliance with all the policies.

I am planning to buy a car for around 7lakhs plus or minus 50 thousand. I had shortlisted the following cars in the beginning:
  1. Tata Tiago/tigor xz+
  2. Honda Amaze S
  3. Ford Figo titanium
  4. Ford Freestyle titanium

No Maruti cars were chosen due to safety being one of my priorities.

I really wanted to buy the Tiago as it was well within my budget and had the best music system of the lot. But the lackluster Tata sales service put me off, it was as if the dealer is doing me a favor by offering their car.

Honda Amaze was my second choice but they have only one color-golden brown.

So now I am left with the Fords. I am confused between the petrol versions of the Freestyle titanium and the Figo titanium blue, both being similarly priced on road. My usage shall mainly be on highways around 700km per month. I am inclined towards the freestyle because of added safety and ground clearance. The highway is being converted to 4 lane and hence road conditions are bad for the most part.I may even go for the Figo titanium and save around 62k in the process.

I am really confused and need some advice please.

Thanks in advance.
Akash.D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 18:54   #41
BHPian

Even-though the Ford-Petrol's Dragon engine is good. But, I would suggest the 1.5 Diesel. Its a gem of an engine from Ford, tune-friendly also. If your use case is more of unpaved roads then its freestyle. But, if majority of your drive is on paved roads then its Figo. Figo 1.5 TDCi is so good drive and economical.
Old 5th September 2020, 09:20   #42
BANNED

Default Re: Confused between Ford Freestyle and Figo while buying my first car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash.D View Post

I am planning to buy a car for around 7lakhs plus or minus 50 thousand. I had shortlisted the following cars in the beginning:
  1. Tata Tiago/tigor xz+
  2. Honda Amaze S
  3. Ford Figo titanium
  4. Ford Freestyle titanium

No Maruti cars were chosen due to safety being one of my priorities.

I really wanted to buy the Tiago as it was well within my budget and had the best music system of the lot. But the lackluster Tata sales service put me off, it was as if the dealer is doing me a favor by offering their car.

Honda Amaze was my second choice but they have only one color-golden brown.
Damn it, but I am currently in the exact same situation. The budget is around 7 lacs and the priority being safety.

I was initially considering a Hatchback only so, if you can compromise with a small boot and some bland interiors you can easily pick the Figo Titanium/ Titanium Blue.

If you want some good interiors and boot space that matters and the design being more 2020-ish Got for the Tigor XZ+ which by the way we have decided to go with.

Regarding A.S.S, in Delhi , I have taken multiple feedbacks from BHPians and it is positive. Try out some other dealers in your city as well if possible.

The Figo ,Indian Variant, scores 3 stars in GNCAP but the Tigor scores 4 stars, so that comes as an added benefit.

With Tigor you might not get the excellent Dragon engine of Ford but the 1.2 revotron is a decent commuter engine. But with Figo and Freestyle, Ford has done a lot of cost cuttings which blows my mind.

Therefore, the more sensible choice of these would be the Tigor. I am a bit about the build and safety of the current gen Honda as well

Thanx And Cheers!

Last edited by chiefpk : 5th September 2020 at 09:26.
chiefpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 11:21   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi792 View Post
Even-though the Ford-Petrol's Dragon engine is good. But, I would suggest the 1.5 Diesel. Its a gem of an engine from Ford, tune-friendly also. If your use case is more of unpaved roads then its freestyle. But, if majority of your drive is on paved roads then its Figo. Figo 1.5 TDCi is so good drive and economical.
You may ask yourself what you are looking for. If it is fun to drive, it has to be the Ford siblings any day. In between Freestyle and Figo, I would go for FS because of the additional safety features, higher GC making it much more practical and it indeed has a better road presence than Figo. All these and it does not lose the fun to drive factor. If you need more boot space, go for Aspire.
Old 5th September 2020, 13:47   #44
BHPian

Default Re: Confused between Ford Freestyle and Figo while buying my first car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefpk View Post
If you want some good interiors and boot space that matters and the design being more 2020-ish Got for the Tigor XZ+ which by the way we have decided to go with.
Thanks, I already bought the Tiago xz+ last month . The experience has been great so far. First service is due on 15th September, so will get to know about ASS then.
Akash.D is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed