Team-BHP - Maruti Baleno vs Toyota Glanza - Which would you buy?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Maruti Baleno vs Toyota Glanza - Which would you buy? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/209952-maruti-baleno-vs-toyota-glanza-would-you-buy-3.html)

I think Toyota is going to make up the money in selling
-Higher Priced Insurance
-Extended Warranty
-Spares & labour

Even after factoring in all the above, Glanza would be the way to go for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PearlJam (Post 4603363)
Are you serious? :) Everything is computerized today. You think they won't check the engine/chassis numbers on their system?

There are numerous MASS garages as well, which ALSO service non-Maruti cars. One just need to maintain service records and can pretty easily go to MASS and get their cars maintained with "Genuine OEM spare parts", by service engineers trained by the manufacturer itself.

I'm wondering what will NEXA SA will say to the customers, in order to differentiate between Baleno and Glanza and why the customer should opt for Baleno over Glanza.
Conversations could be like:

'Chrome grill looks too gaudy in Glanza, Baleno grill looks classy'

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 4600910)

1) What's the service interval of the Glanza? Is it the same as the Baleno, or is it hyper-frequent like some other Toyota cars that need to see the service station every 23 kms?

This hyper-frequent servicing cost can add up fast! And if you want to make good on your 3 year standard warranty you can't escape it.

2) I assume spare part pricing would be the same right now... wonder if things will change in the future.

Very important point ! But my guess is Toyota is too lazy to change the tables in Baleno's user manual, so they just let it be stupid:

I would not mind giving the car for a frequent check-up if the service center is close to my home and the service guys are not trying to cheat me.

The best part would be getting the spares from Maruti in case Toyota increases the price (high chance they wont do it)

Voting for Baleno. Maruti and Toyota are both known for reliability and service quality. However, Baleno's resale value would be much higher compared to Glanza. If I had to buy one, I'd go for the Baleno.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosfactor (Post 4600711)
Quite clear by now that Toyota is a more preferred brand as long as the product is a Maruti.

That statement needs correction IMHO. Toyota is a more preferred brand as long as PRICING is same as Maruti.

Slap just additional 50k variant by variant on Glaza, and see the tide of discussion turn. It will revert to what it was (preferring Maruti) before the pricing announcement.

Wanted to vote for Glanza, but mistakenly did it for Baleno :Frustrati Being said that, Toyota did the pricing so well and add to that the perceived brand value of Toyota and additional warranty that comes with it, I am strongly inclined towards the newer option. As rightly mentioned already on the thread, I would keep an eye on the service intervals. Can't withstand the hassle of visiting the service center every 5k km.

Voted for Baleno, because Toyota looks like the middleman in this deal. If I like the Baleno and choose to buy it, let the profits go to Maruti.

Voted for Glanza!

The deal is between Toyota and Suzuki. So the cost price for Maruti and Toyota is going to be the same, which should have enabled Toyota to price it on par.

Once we get to know the sales figure of Glanza and Baleno, we can conclude what is the end customers choice.

Voted for Glanza just because it doesn't sport the 'S' logo.

It's a strange proposition.

If you want a true Toyota don't buy Glanza.
If you want true Maruti, Baleno is not a bad choice.
If you want a safe car, look elsewhere.

Wow, as of now 70% have voted for Glanza which is to be expected. Sure the pricing and extended warranty made it an easy decision.

Will the same folks continue to choose Glanza if Toyota starts increasing the price and eventually the Baleno becomes cheaper. Or Maruti starts providing huge discounts which is entirely possible. I wonder what kind of margins Maruti was making all these days when a product sold to another company is cheaper.
This is surely a long term play by both sides, Maruti will have to bear the pain in the short term because they will need the hybrid drive train technology which Toyota can share and continue to improve with its R&D budget which probably dwarfs Maruti’s by a huge margin.

First and foremost I don't think I'll ever buy a Maruti, hence it’s clearly Glanza.

I have no experience of Maruti or Toyota ASS so can't take a call on that basis but I feel the service won’t be different by a huge margin ( Many Nexa technicians must have applied to Toyota by now stupid:)
Love what Toyota did with pricing and with the proper 1lac warranty, Glanza has a nice advantage!
Since these are identical cars and if someone is seriously confused between Toyota or Maruti, the decision should be made based on the best deal ( best time to pit the dealers against each other for discounts).

Personally I will prefer the Glanza, but will not promote it among my circle :D

If Glanza becomes a success we Indians will have to bear more such antics in the auto world.

Honestly, I would prefer neither. The car itself doesn't appeal to me at all irrespective of the T or S badge.