Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Baleno vs Glanza.
Baleno 180 31.03%
Glanza 400 68.97%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2022, 14:44   #121
BANNED

Re: Maruti Baleno vs Toyota Glanza - Which would you buy?

That's why I have kept basic add-on in phase 1 and any issues that crop up down the line, would be rectified in phase 2 as Motor Concept is a quality installer. As for the last phase, I'll have to do groundwork and market research plus make some posts here, bug some folks over PM, for all of which I have at least a year to do. As of now, waiting on the delivery of the vehicle, damned Toyota people haven't even given any delivery date to me, just a promise that it would be delivered before month end, which I highly doubt and will be going over to their outlet tomorrow to give them a piece of my mind.
Old 28th July 2022, 22:20   #122
BHPian

Black on Blue is just hideous! Add the same on car seats. The Baleno interior felt dull and dark. Glanza with their 3 year warranty would be my choice.
Old 29th July 2022, 13:24   #123
BHPian

I want to share my experience with a Toyota Dealer (Madhuban) in Mumbai regarding the Glanza test drive.

I am in the market for a premium Hatchback so considering among others the Baleno and Glanza. The Maruti dealer is a bit far away so I visited the Toyota showroom nearby and looked at the Glanza and Urban Cruiser. I liked the display model of Glanza so asked for a TD.

Today, I received a call from the dealer asking about any questions which I might have. I reminded them about the TD and he calmly said that the TD of Glanza is not possible because they don't have a TD car! I was speechless for a while and then asked again. The dealer replied that there is no Glanza TD car made available from Toyota itself, yet! I was too shocked and muttered something like "how do you expect me to buy a car without TD" and hung up on him.

BTW - I had visited the NEXA showroom a couple of days back and did TD the Baleno AMT. I liked the car but not the interiors, so wanted to take a longer TD from Toyota.

I know that there is a huge waitlist on Baleno so a few thoughts:

1. Toyota feels that car is so good that customers don't need a TD.
2. Toyota thinks that serious buyers will TD the car at Maruti so they don't need a TD car.
3. Toyota's attitude and service towards non-Toyota cars is of poor quality and internally they want to discourage its sales.
4. The dealer is lying or is not keen on selling non-Toyota cars or wants to minimise their expenses in selling Glanza/UC etc etc

Whatever may be the reason it has left a bad taste in my mouth and dented my trust in the massive Toyota brand. I haven't made a decision about my car but with the above experience and Jazz also dropping out - maybe we are left with only MIAL and Hyundai in the hatchback market.
Old 30th July 2022, 11:46   #124
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
Today, I received a call from the dealer asking about any questions which I might have. I reminded them about the TD and he calmly said that the TD of Glanza is not possible because they don't have a TD car! I was speechless for a while and then asked again. The dealer replied that there is no Glanza TD car made available from Toyota itself, yet! I was too shocked and muttered something like "how do you expect me to buy a car without TD" and hung up on him.

BTW - I had visited the NEXA showroom a couple of days back and did TD the Baleno AMT. I liked the car but not the interiors, so wanted to take a longer TD from Toyota.

I know that there is a huge waitlist on Baleno so a few thoughts:

1. Toyota feels that car is so good that customers don't need a TD.
2. Toyota thinks that serious buyers will TD the car at Maruti so they don't need a TD car.
3. Toyota's attitude and service towards non-Toyota cars is of poor quality and internally they want to discourage its sales.
4. The dealer is lying or is not keen on selling non-Toyota cars or wants to minimise their expenses in selling Glanza/UC etc etc

Whatever may be the reason it has left a bad taste in my mouth and dented my trust in the massive Toyota brand. I haven't made a decision about my car but with the above experience and Jazz also dropping out - maybe we are left with only MIAL and Hyundai in the hatchback market.
I think this may just be the case of the dealership near you, as far as dealerships near me (in Kerala), the dealers are very good and trying hard to sell their products.

I was and still am in the market for a good automatic car under 15 lakhs on-road, so just casually enquired via Cardekho and Carwale website, I got a call immediately from the dealer and had a very good experience with the Nippon Toyota dealership, with their sales executives being very friendly and offering me test drives of both the Glanza and the Urban Cruiser in the AMT and AT guise respectively.

But the AMT didn't feel great and the new Brezza was just about to launch, but now considering the prices of the Brezza AT, the Urban Cruiser certainly feels Value for Money.

Despite the same, I booked a Kia Sonet Diesel AT, considering it is a frugal Diesel AT within my budget, but since their waiting is long, I am looking out for other cars and if I don't find a better buy, I can happily go with the Sonet.

Last edited by itsmeparvathy9 : 30th July 2022 at 11:47.
Old 31st July 2022, 01:16   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPJ74 View Post
I want to share my experience with a Toyota Dealer (Madhuban) in Mumbai regarding the Glanza test drive.
It seems untrue that a company willing to sell its cars in market is unable to provide a test drive. If this was really the case then it should be common all over the country. I would urge you to reach out to the manufacturer directly for arranging a test drive, I am sure you will get a positive response. I did TD of Glanza in Chennai, sales person was calm and patient about all the questions I asked him personally, over phone and in WhatsApp. PS not all salesmen are passionate about their jobs, so look for another dealer.

Last edited by ampere : 31st July 2022 at 08:05.
Old 16th August 2022, 10:14   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
We have a 2019 June Toyota Glanza V (AT). (Dad’s car).

Upon purchasing it, we immediately changed the OEM 195 size Apollo Alnac tyres to 205/55/16 Yokohama Earth 1. This resulted in a step change improvement in ride, handling and braking we found.

This year 2022 - a month ago exactly, I changed the tyres again to a brand new set of MRF Perfinza 205/55/16. This resulted in a further incremental step change improvement in ride, handling, reduced road noise, grippiness and braking performance.

To directly answer you, I believe the tyres make a world of difference in one’s confidence levels under braking, especially on the higher speed highway drives.

I would suggest that you consider looking at your tyres once…
I always wondered, what do you do with the 1yr old tyres? isn't it a waste or do dealers buy em back?
Old 19th August 2022, 14:43   #127
BHPian

Toyota Glanza looks better. Hence I will go with Glanza. Don't like Maruti styling.
OpenRoads is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 13:30   #128
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNG-motorhead View Post
I always wondered, what do you do with the 1yr old tyres? isn't it a waste or do dealers buy em back?
Sorry just saw this. We sold it back to the dealership and got a pretty good price for these hardly used tyres. It pays to have great, trusted relationships with tyre dealers for sure and my Dad is a master at it.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks