Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Old 12th June 2019, 14:33   #16
VVN
BHPian

Default Re: Which AT? Amaze vs Jazz vs Micra vs pre-owned ones

The Amaze is newer but Jazz just looks and feels more premium. I myself had walked into a Honda showroom with the intention of purchasing the Jazz but ended up buying the City instead. I would recommend the Jazz CVT. Super smooth, refined and easy to drive with oodles of space. Hondas tend to be reliable and the service shouldn't be an issue. An AMT at this price point won't make sense and I am not too sure about DCTs reliability so wouldn't comment on the Venue.
VVN is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2019, 20:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Hi all,
I am looking to buy a hatchback/ Compact sedan of my wife. (She is new to driving)
bravo82in, I think you cant go wrong between the Amaze and the Jazz. On the Jazz review thread, TBHPian Vishfull mentioned that he got a Rs 45,000 discount on his Jazz recently. So the Jazz might end up being cheaper on the road as compared to the Amaze.

However, do check on the service intervals for the two. I think the Jazz has a 6 month service interval while the Amaze comes with a 12 month service interval for the same engine. In that case, you will end up paying more for service with the Jazz though the cash discounts will nullify this.

A few years ago, I bought the Jazz CVT with a similar plan as my wife wanted to drive to work. The car is almost at 28,000 kms and I will admit, its a perfect fill it, shut it, forget it Honda.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2019, 00:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

My neighbour in India loves his Brio AT. If you're open to used cars, you should try looking out for one. You'll save a lot from your 8 lakh budget.

Otherwise, you can't go wrong with Baleno, Glanza, Jazz or Amaze.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Also, don't go for a used car. I have noticed that women generally have a thing against pre-owned
Tell me about it. Got an earful from mom while buying my first car in a different country.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 22nd July 2019 at 01:02.
landcruiser123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2019, 10:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Hi all,
I am looking to buy a hatchback/ Compact sedan of my wife. (She is new to driving)

My requirements are
Any specific reason for not having the Hyundai i10 Grand in the list? With the sales slowing down and the launch of new i10 Grand nearing, the current ones can be had with a good discount. We're replacing our FIL's 2005 Alto with the current i10 Grand, Delivery is scheduled for the first week of August. I would suggest checking for discounts at the Hyundai showrooms.

Update: Just read one of your reply about rejecting the i10 Grand based on the looks. However, please do check it out as the discounts might be tempting. :-)

Last edited by Vinodh_Gowda : 22nd July 2019 at 10:47.
Vinodh_Gowda is online now   Reply With Quote