Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2007, 16:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Last Sunday we had seen an ad in "The Hindu" for a Santro. When we called the seller at 11.00 am, we were told a dealer already advanced it Also he added that he would give us the car, if the dealer doesn't turn up next day morning. Luckily when we checked at 10.00 am next day, we were told that deal is open.

We were there at his place with full cash in next half an hour, completed the formalities & when we were about to start the car, 4 guys came there and started to fight with the owner of the car.

A guy asked us not to proceed until the dispute was resolved. We pointed him to talk to the owner of the car and showed him the filled up form. They realized that nothing could be done with us and started jumping at the seller.

Details of the car:

2001 model Santro basic model (for my friend), done 19000 kms with service records (original set of tyres), Single Owner, Life Time Tax, Insurance valid for 11 months and 25 days for Rs.1.49L. Car is in excellent condition except a scratch on the door.

Thanks guys for all your feedbacks
Old 28th February 2007, 17:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

A terrific find. The low price is because of the dealers/brokers. If they had bought that car, they would be selling it for not less than 2L.
cheers
Old 28th February 2007, 18:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
A friend of mine wanted to buy a used car that should be within 1.25 Lakhs. Any manufacturer and any model is okay with him. Planning to run the vehicle in gas after sometime.

This is meant to use during weekends for shorter drives & may be once or twice in a week to office from residence which is about 12kms one way.

The criteria's were

1. Good fuel economy (planning to run in gas at a later date)
2. Maintenance cost should be very minimal

Had seen few cars like 95'model esteem (95K), 99'Santro fully loaded (1.25k), 97 Zen (1L), 99 M'800 Deluxe (1.1L) carb version. But yet to take a decision on the same

Please suggest
Hi fellow bhpians, i too have a similar requirement.
budget: 1.25lakhs.
i will be using my bike on week days, but if it rains i shall use the car. will be using the car on the weekends and in the evening once in a while in the weekdays. Oh!!!, i am single so no need to worry about space for family. Will be keeping the car for 1 year.

i dont mind, with boot or with-out boot.

i am not looking for a lpg conversion, but if happen to come across a car already converted to lpg, i dont mind if the budget is not more than 1.40 lakhs.

criteria:
1. should have AC and power steering.
2. should be able to accomodate me comfortably (i am 6'2'', average built)
3. low on maintenance costs.

PS: dont suggest maruti van

Most Viewed