Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2007, 21:21   #46
BHPian

Yeah actually...for a 1st time drivers like me...I did not feel Indica to be inferior to the other B segmenters, when i drove it for the 1st time...Only the price makes me think whether if its quality is not upto the mark?

@ballkey:
Even though Estillo looks good overall..I hate its rear end.It looks like share auto (no offense meant) and btw the price and waiting period is a bit on higher side comparatively and last of all.It lost to Santro in the recent comarison test in ACI.

@Wolfinstein:
I just got a chance to drive Baleno and i was really impressed.I heard abt th term like "Driver's car","Josh machine",etc..All these terms came to my mind when i was driving the Baleno.It was a 7yr old model.
Well if its going to shut down,DO you think spare parts will be costlier?

@Supreme Baleno:
I can negotiate the price upto 2.6 to 2.7 without warranty and 2.85 with 6months True value warranty which not only covers engine but gearbox,clutch,suspension etc...just like incase of new cars.

How long can this car lost and also what will be the expected maintenance per say 6 months.
Old 13th February 2007, 21:43   #47
BHPian

I also went through similar phase while buying my first new car and I bought a Santro - that is a year back. Now you have more options to add to the confusion.
Buddy, go for a practical choice, do not decide by instinct. A nice new house also is very important as well u see. Do not stretch your budget too much on a new car as you will have to have some more money in hand to buy accessories, ICE setup etc. [sure you would be tempted to buy many of them if you are on T-BHP for few minutes everyday :-)!] and also think of credit card bills after all your long drive trips and overnight stays. And end of the year you would also have to pay insurance renewals, extended warranty etc. too. Managing all these with the EMI of car and house loan - sometimes is tiring. (Did I miss income tax deductions which add to the woos?).
So go for something which meets your requirement (may be next few years too) and affordable with out having to stress your pocket too much.
Buy a car with power stearing and power windows on front. Otherwise you would feel that you should have gone for these after few months.
It is so good - the smell of the new car (when it is your own!) Good luck to you!!
Old 14th February 2007, 11:08   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Bangalore-Ooty is a very sharp climb. Did you switch off the A/C? Otherwise you do not have a chance in hell of getting anything out of the 1-lit Santro.

You should also get your engine tuned for more pick-up if you want to do long drives. Your city mileage with A/C on (13.x) suggests that your car is tuned for mileage rather than pick-up. My city mileage with A/C on would be about 11-11.5 kmpl. On the highways, with my driving style I get 12-13 kmpl at full clip, and about 14-15 kmpl if I keep the car below about 110 kmph. My car has reasonable pick-up (I cribbed to the Hyundai dealer very early on about the pick-up and the car was tuned up a little).

I also use only Speed (makes a little difference from normal petrol) plus I have stock-size tubeless tyres overinflated by 4-5 psi for the highway runs. I am fairly happy with the way the car performs on the Pune-Mumbai route, including the Lonawala ghat section (although this is nothing compared to the Bangalore-Ooty climb).
Thanks RKS for the lead on the tune up! I have had bad experiences with moving back and forth with the fuel grades with some knocking issues. Not sure if its the fuel or what.. Didnt find the time as yet to go to the dealer (damn it) but should be doing so soon.

Offcourse the AC wasnt on for that climb! But that was that - the only time I felt the Santro isnt a decent car. Otherwise its served me very well all these years..

In Sept, I drove a Fiesta 1.6 on Bangalore-Tirupati highway and it was like an orgasm OK maybe not... But pretty damn close
Old 14th February 2007, 17:14   #49
BHPian

Hi Ess_a
referring to your comment
Preference: mileage
Xeta1.2 > Xeta1.4 ~ Santro > Swift

price
Xeta1.2 < Xeta1.4< Santro XL < Swift

PERRRRFORMANCE!!
SWIFT!!!! >>> Santro > Xeta 1.4 > Xeta 1.2..

I am not sure if it helps rock18 but I just cant stop myself from appreciating you for summarising it this way...good work dude
Old 15th February 2007, 11:06   #50

What abt the Swift Dieseal

Hey,

If u are not looking at a big boot space why not take a look at the Swift Dieseal. With the mileage claims (20-22) i think its one good vfm car.

Old 15th February 2007, 11:40   #51
BHPian

But the money value required for Swift D is more than any of the other options
Old 15th February 2007, 18:34   #52
BHPian

A big thank you for all those who have replied to these post.

I am happy to inform that i have booked a Indica Xeta GLS yesterday.
With all the discounts it comes around 3.12 onroad.
At the last moment i just had 2 choices in mind,One is Indica Xeta and the other is Used Baleno. Even though i wud have bought a Baleno(heart over mind) my parents were against it so have to book a new Xeta.

Planning to install the following accessories:
1.Power windows at front and rear : 13500rs
2.Blaupunkt Mp3 : 14500rs
3.Autocop : 4500rs
4.Sear covers :4000rs

Did i miss out anything and also do u think these are all resonably priced.
Is Blaupunkt really good?

Special thanks to ESTEEM_LOVER for personally calling me out and explaining the pros and cons of all these vehicles. Having said that, Indica Xeta is not his choice :-(

I took a 5years loan with Tata finance.
Just for the fact: I have saved around 1.1 lac on the onroad price alone and another 70k in the loan amount(i.e extra money i have to ditch out after 5 years) over Swift.
Good saving which will help me buy a new Karizma or Pulsar 220 :-)

Once again thanks a ton for all of you guys..
I can already feel the smell of new car........
Old 15th February 2007, 19:33   #53
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase rock18, when are you taking delivery?
Old 15th February 2007, 19:33   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
I am happy to inform that i have booked a Indica Xeta GLS yesterday.
With all the discounts it comes around 3.12 onroad.
At the last moment i just had 2 choices in mind,One is Indica Xeta and the other is Used Baleno. Even though i wud have bought a Baleno(heart over mind) my parents were against it so have to book a new Xeta.

Special thanks to ESTEEM_LOVER for personally calling me out and explaining the pros and cons of all these vehicles. Having said that, Indica Xeta is not his choice :-(
Congratulations. Good choice. It was not esteem_lovers choice but was mine all the way(though I prefer 1.4 GLX anyday). Wish you a very good time ahead with your new car.
Old 15th February 2007, 20:19   #55
BHPian

Good Choice .. enjoy the new car ...
Old 15th February 2007, 20:29   #56
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car! happy and safe driving.

I have only front power window on my car and never felt a requirement on the rear windows for the last one year or so.
Old 15th February 2007, 22:13   #57
nbr
BHPian

Rock18- so finally u have deccided to buy the XETA .congrats !
which shade did u choose ?
Old 15th February 2007, 23:45   #58
BHPian

Thanks all :-)
It was a toss up between silver,Salsa red and Arizona ochre (orange and chocolate mix). thought of going for ochre because its a new shade and a unique one but in the end played safe by opting for Salsa red.

have a few pics but not sure how to paste it here.

Delivery date shld be next wednesday or friday.
[IMG]file:///F:/Bit%20comet/N70%20all/Indica/Peter3135%20%28Large%29.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///F:/Bit%20comet/N70%20all/Indica/Peter3135%20%28Large%29.jpg[/IMG]
Old 15th February 2007, 23:49   #59
BHPian

Thanks all :-)
I chose Salsa red. i have a few pics but not sure how to paste it here.
Old 16th February 2007, 13:20   #60
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy. Hope that you have a fun time with the car.
So, the dark horse with almost no one supporting it won the race.
Was it the dough you saved that went behind the decision to buy the Indica ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J
It was not esteem_lovers choice but was mine all the way
That's what rock18 also said.
And knowing esteem_lover, I am sure that it can't be his choice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks