Team-BHP - Asking price for a 2005 Getz GLS?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Asking price for a 2005 Getz GLS? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/21499-asking-price-2005-getz-gls.html)

First of all mods, I didn't know which forum this thread belonged to (owning a car / buying a car / what car / tbhp advice ?) .. so feel free to move this to any appropriate location.

Okay, now to my question -
I want to sell my father's 2005 make Getz GLS -
- It has done roughly 15,500 kms till date and is in *very good* condition, except for a minor scratch on the passenger side door.
- Cotton seat covers for all seats
- No music system installed
- No sunfilm installed
- No keyless entry
- It's the golden color (don't know what it is called exactly)

What should be the approximate asking price for such a car?

- EtchEmKay

According to me you will loose around 30% to 35% of what you have paid for 2005 Getz.

Ex-> You should get around 3.6+lacs if on road price is around 5.3 lacs for Getz after discount. This is what I feel in Bangalore.

Regards,

Ravi.

Also .. I live in Pune (if that helps in the estimation).

If it's really well-maintained, assuming 20% per year depreciation, you'd get close to 3.3 lakhs. Selling the car right after 2 years is kinda bad idea. You'll be better off selling it 1-2 years later, if that's possible.

Saw some ads for a 2005/2006 Hyundai Getz.
All were asking around 3.5L + depending on the variant.
For your version, i guess it will be 3.5L ish.
OT - looking at the values of the cars in the second hand market is making me depressed. Don't want to sell off our cars after using them for 6 years.

3.2 - 3.4L is the market price. Again gold is not such a hot colour too.

the asking price for the gets gls here at my place is 3.2 lakhs for a mint condition vehivle but it did come with keyless entry and tint it also had a pioneer system installed it had run 12000 km this car was blue

and as said earlier gold aint such a hot color either so i would say apt price for your getz would be 3 exact even though u got it for 5 lakhs - bad deal i know

selling your car after 2 years is always bad - with hatchbacks - EXPERIENCE says it all man

but u would be lucky to get 3.5 for it

best of luck with the sale to keep us updated

HI,
You should get and expect anything in the 3.75lacs + range if your car is in good condition. Dont go by what dealers say. Try this exercise go to the top 4 dealers asking to buy a Getz GLS, see what they quote you will have your answer. I sold my 2005 Getz GlS last month via an ad in the Times Of India and got a price better than that quoted by the others inspite of the fact it had been through a major accident.

Viper

PS - I think the colour you are referring to is Real Earth which was the same as mine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper (Post 377931)
HI,
You should get and expect anything in the 3.75lacs + range if your car is in good condition. Dont go by what dealers say. Try this exercise go to the top 4 dealers asking to buy a Getz GLS, see what they quote you will have your answer. I sold my 2005 Getz GlS last month via an ad in the Times Of India and got a price better than that quoted by the others inspite of the fact it had been through a major accident.

3.5L to 3.75L would be a decent amount to expect, I guess. And I think I will do this exercise. Thanks Viper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper (Post 377931)
PS - I think the colour you are referring to is Real Earth which was the same as mine.

Ahh .. Right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amu1983 (Post 377796)
You'll be better off selling it 1-2 years later, if that's possible.

I could hold off the sale of the car for now .. but, the thing is that noone will be using the car in the meanwhile. I have my own Palio and won't be caught dead driving the Getz (no offense, but the italian mistress is my true love). What kind of a price can I expect 1-2 years down the line ?

Getz is having very poor resale value. So the max that you can expect is 3.25 lakhs. But I'm quite doubtful whether it'll have many takers for a slow moving car like Getz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun (Post 379181)
Getz is having very poor resale value. So the max that you can expect is 3.25 lakhs. But I'm quite doubtful whether it'll have many takers for a slow moving car like Getz.

Try selling a Palio and you will realise the Getz has great resale value :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunbir (Post 379204)

Hehe .. Right. That would really make my day .. Finding out the offer price for my (relatively new) Palio.

My question remains though - What would I get for this Getz 1-2 years down the line ?

In 1-2 years down the line you should get at least 3-2.5+ lacs because first 2 years resale price for any car will come down very much and after 10% depreciation I feel.

In TBHP website there is very nice category/thread which explains about
reale value, Resale value highly depends on segment of the car and its popularity in the market!

Here brand name works better than quality/safety!

Regards,

Ravi.

Oops....Double Post.

Post Deleted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunbir (Post 379204)

Please don't give me a crash course about the resale value about the Palio. Just compare Getz with any similar variant of Swift and you'll realise it !!!