Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2007, 11:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Once they didn't have an Alto ready, so I took off with the GM's personal Esteem. Man, that car was fun.

I even got the guys to pay for my pizza (don't ask!).
Well I guess they happily did that because that would be less damaging to them then having you standing around & eating their brains out
Old 28th February 2007, 22:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
I had a chat with the accessories guy yesterday.

He says their teflon is not the regular stuff running in the market and is under licence from Dupont. Rs3800/- With a 2 year warranty.

Iv told him that this is the regular sales pitch everyone reels off so he did his best to re-assure me that this is an official "dupont teflon coat".

Underbody coating/Anti-corrosion is Rs.4000 with a lifetime warranty again from Dupont.

Thats a total of 7800/- (I can bargain a little).

In the outside market it would cost me around 5500/- for the entire job but then bills, warranties and reliability issues are bound to pop up.
What do you guys think ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
...u and food..
anyways back to topic.. White Swift with 16" White alloys.. pay a couple hundred for painting the door handles / mirrors whatever..Nice body kit, white neons and good ICE..then give the car to us on weekends.. what say v1p3r
Regarding rims on the swift I know 15" wouldnt do justice. In fact 16" looks just about right and often I feel even that looks small! In my case 16" might be impractical thanks to the condition of Bangalore roads. I would have to crawl 24/7 in fear of damaging tyres.

White Alloys with the standard factory white swift seems to be a mistmatch. The bodycolour would be dull white and alloys brilliant white. I feel its not uniform. This white+whtie combo was my original plan... now planning on hyper black instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
As far as getting the mirrors painted white is concerned: Wouldn't white mirrors look a little weird with blacked out A pillar and tints in the background?
True, thats why I have dropped the idea of painting ORVM/handles for the moment.

Last edited by s0uljah : 28th February 2007 at 22:24.
Old 28th February 2007, 22:22   #18
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
... As far as getting the mirrors painted white is concerned: Wouldn't white mirrors look a little weird with blacked out A pillar and tints in the background? ...
Dude, there's no accounting for taste sometimes. Half the members here actually OWN half the cars on the Weird & Whacky thread.
Old 3rd March 2007, 07:22   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
mithun, what's a metallic Bum Blue?
Go and fetch the showroom brochure. Read my post again to find out whether I've spelled it as BUM or BEAM !!!

Beam Blue is one of the top sellers in the metallic category in Kerala.
Old 3rd February 2009, 08:51   #20
BHPian

Honestly, only pay for the
1. extended warranty (if you're not going to void it)
2. Art Leather seats - very good
3. the mudflaps, tints and mats I got were really good but I got him to give it to me free.
4. Teflon and Ps ofcourse

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks