Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2007, 21:07   #1
BHPian

PALIO 1.6 GTX 2001-1.5 LAKHS?? ( calling all palio GTX owners )

hi,well i started few months ago tryn to find a OHC but those that suited my budget dnt siut me.so i liked the palio GTX and the 1.6 sport.
i have found a i orange end 2001 GTX in good condition.price is 1.5 lakha negotiable.the car is in good condition.12 km/liters.

well i wanted to know about its maintainance costs,any cronic problem or anything that should stop me from buying this car.
Old 4th March 2007, 23:50   #2
BHPian

Nothing. Nada. Nope. If you think the car is genuine, 1.5 is a steal, just buy. I havent changed a single part in my GTX (touchwood) in 3+ years of usage.

BTW, thought you were looking for a Lancer as well. What happened on that front? GTX doesnt have the boot, and the ride is a little stiff. Guess you know those.
Old 5th March 2007, 12:46   #3
BHPian

ya determinus, i know that .. i have been looking for a OHC/LANCER for 2 months, but those that fit my budget aint that good,initialy i had a budget of about 3.5 lakhs..but i had to take a 1BHK so had to deposite about 1 lakhs as the initial deposite so short on cash ..in the range of 2.5 i dnt get any good cars,i had gone to a car dealer to check out a 99 lance but it was in pathetic condition,there i noted this orange GTX sitting,i drove it..its a beauty..i mean the power is mind blowing i dnt expect a small car to pump up so much power,i liked it and 1.5 lakhs negotiable sounds good to my pocket also.
i just wanted to know if it has any major issues.
Old 5th March 2007, 13:09   #4
Team-BHP Support

Karizma devil, try to pull him down to about 1.20. It should be a steal at that price. Take the money/cheque with you and strike the deal. They will be ready to give it away since not many people buy Fiats easily.
Nevertheless 1.5 is a steal price too. Ensure that the car is not flood affected.
Old 5th March 2007, 13:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Where did you find this car ? mumbai or bhubaneswar ? check to see if the mileage is genuine. most dealers have the habit of rewinding the odo. Single owner cars are better. Spare parts of FIATs are known to be rarely found.
AND

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
i have found a i orange end 2001 GTX in good condition.price is 1.5 lakha negotiable.the car is in good condition.12 km/liters.
the FE ?? i can't believe it. whoever said that ?

@determinus... could you please let us know the FE of your Palio 1.6 ?
Old 5th March 2007, 13:34   #6
BHPian

well esteem lover , i found it at mumbai only,bhubaneswar is my home time,but i work at mumbai,have a esteem at my home town for last 8 years !!..i too like the way it still drives..esteem is no hassel car.
well comingback to the topic..this car has done about 52,000 kms..its 2001 end car..so it looks used i mean the interior.its a 2nd owner car..and the 1st own had service records but the second ownd doesnt have any or may be he doesnt want to.well i would take the car to a fiat service station on week end..then would decide on it.
the paint is company colour but a few touch-ups are visible,well a 5 yr old car at mumbai ought to show some dents ..
and tyres are ok..may be another 5-6000 kms .
Old 5th March 2007, 14:24   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil
the FE ?? i can't believe it. whoever said that ?

@determinus... could you please let us know the FE of your Palio 1.6 ?
E_L, the dealer told karizma_devil "12km/liters"... But he didnt say how many liters, did he?

Anyways, I drive in Pune, and the worst FE I got was 9.6kpl and the best 17.4kpl. The average is 10.5-11kpl. I am a sedate driver. A friend of mine drives through Andheri to work and his best (in city) ever has been 8kpl. So there!
Old 5th March 2007, 14:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
E_L, the dealer told karizma_devil "12km/liters"... But he didnt say how many liters, did he?
ooops!!! i didn't see that.
Old 5th March 2007, 16:38   #9
BHPian

I would say, if you are considering a Paio 1.6 GTX...
This one should be near 1.2L or so.

Well, still I would say look around for Plaio's you might get a decent deal than this.

I did let go of a Palio GTX 2003 orange done 23,000 kms last month. Though it needed some denting work on both fenders. he was asking 1.5L.

So look around, everywhere online, offline FIAT service stations everywhere. There will be someone somewhere selling it.

Try newspaper classifieds too. Times of India Friday, if i'm not wrong.

You have cash you're lucky. I have left two cars becasue I couldn't arrange cash. Bohth around 28000kms GTX asking price around 1.3-1.5L

Happy Hunting...

Ciao
Samy
Old 5th March 2007, 18:14   #10
BHPian

samy i have been lookig for last 3 months man 1st ohc then lancer then palio GTX ...man now i have about 1.6-7 lakhs with me ..i have found only 2 GTX in these months :-(( .... i am frustrated guys..
i just want a car now..
i checked out another 2002 end silver GTX it had done 27000+ that man was askn 1.7 !! no barganing..so i said no.
now i am left with this 2001 end GTX .. i loved it when i drove it..am taking this babes to a fiat service station this week end if things work out well then may be i would seal the deal next week.

i would click some pictures of the car.. ( the body condition and interior ) with the fiat servuce stations feed back,i would take all your opinion and then decide.
i had a chat with the dealer now,he said nothing less than 1.35 lakhs.,lets see how much i can bring it down on satday.

please keep postn your advices,and other things that i need to see.
Old 5th March 2007, 19:31   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdudesamy View Post
I did let go of a Palio GTX 2003 orange done 23,000 kms last month. Though it needed some denting work on both fenders. he was asking 1.5L.... I have left two cars becasue I couldn't arrange cash. Both around 28000kms GTX asking price around 1.3-1.5L
2003 GTX in Banglore with genuine 23k on odo for 1.5L?!! Sounds impossible, but I know of at least 5-10 people waiting for such a deal to surface. 1.3L for a 2003 GTX is unheard even in Mumbai. Can you PM me the details -- dealer, condition, ownership, records, contacts -- if you cannot post it up? Damn, at that price, I will buy one more!

@karizma: Better get this one rolling buddy, liquid cash in hands is not a comfortable thing. I cant hold on to any, so just a friendly advice :-)

Last edited by determinus : 5th March 2007 at 19:35.
Old 6th March 2007, 13:39   #12
BHPian

@determinus buddy u think 2001 end car sud be about 1.35 ??? coz he is not coming down. what do you say ?? how abiut fiat service ?

what should i expect buddy?? what about running maintainance?
Old 6th March 2007, 13:45   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@determinus buddy u think 2001 end car sud be about 1.35 ??? coz he is not coming down. what do you say ?? how abiut fiat service ?

what should i expect buddy?? what about running maintainance?
Running maintenance is extremely subjective. Though I would expect an older car to give you more headaches. I am not a big fan of second/third hands and would rather you avoided those. In India we do not have a system like in the US where you can check up a car's history to a good degree. In which case you do not know what the owner is palming off. Suspension, battery, bodywork, engine, electricals - all these can come back to haunt you.

Some people face a lot of problems with Fiats, some dont. Please do go through the car with a fine comb. Fiat service is okay to good in Mumbai and Pune.
Old 6th March 2007, 13:51   #14
BHPian

Quote:
@determinus buddy u think 2001 end car sud be about 1.35 ??? coz he is not coming down. what do you say ??
carwale's valuation for mumbai for 2001 GTX with 52k comes to 1.35L for a dealer car in good condition. If there are some works on it, the price goes down a bit. But since you drove the car and you liked (loved) it, just make sure that it is not flood affected and IMO, you can go ahead with the deal. Get it checked first.
Old 6th March 2007, 14:00   #15
BHPian

guys whats the best way to check that this is not a stolen car or has any police history ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks