Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2007, 13:54   #16

A lot depends upon the conditions and mileage on the two cars.. please keep it simple and focus on your priorities, if the conditions of the two cars are identical then go for esteem considering maintainence cost is your priority.
Old 8th March 2007, 10:38   #17
BHPian

hey guys! will b checking out both the cars this wkend..will get back with details n pics (if poss) asap..thnx a ton fr all da info guys!
Old 8th March 2007, 11:49   #18
BHPian

First take test drive. There is world of difference between Palio 1.2 OV and Esteem, find it your self.
Its shame to compare Palio 1.2 OV with Esteem 99 model.
I would say its just a myth that, Esteem is maintenace free and gives high mileage. My colleague own 2005 model Esteem, its give him mere 11 kmpl.

Palio spare parts are not costly. Also the longevity of parts are high.

If you have bought Palio, by all certainity you will forget about spending few 100 Rs more on petrol.
Old 8th March 2007, 12:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey fatal3rror, dont make a fatal error. buying a new fiat is one thing & buying an used one is another totally different thing. considering the availability of spares & competent workshops, you might end up runnning instead of driving. A maruti or a hyundai is an excellent bet when it comes to used cars.
Quote:
"The 1999 Esteem would be nothing but a rattling bunch of metal components held together by rusted nuts and bolts. In case you buy this, do remember to be gentle over speed breakers. " - sushanthr77
At least these rusted nuts & bolts are available across the counter at reasonable rates & they can be fixed in a jiffy by the average joe on the road.
Old 8th March 2007, 12:51   #20
BHPian

hey esteem_lover...your id is sweet enough to let me know which car you would suggest. The only thing against the esteem lx I am considering is that its a carb model.
Cant wait to try out both of them this weekend!

Cheers!
Old 8th March 2007, 13:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

Dont let my id prejudice you. I actually love so many other things in life. the esteem is my ride & i like her, that's all & i am trying to help you make the right decision
cheers
Old 11th March 2007, 19:48   #22
BHPian

hey guys...the palio got sold..so cud only see the esteem today..

Esteem LX - November 99 - Black
Run 70,000 kms - 2nd Owner
Condition pretty good..test drove it..suspension feels good...no clatter anywhere...interiors very well done..all leather(seats,dash,ceiling...), got a pioneer mp3 cd player...Tyres look good..must hav run some 10-15kkms..

The seller is asking fr 1.35 lacs fr the vehicle...

Wat say guys? Worth it?

Fatal3rror

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks