Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2007, 15:03   #31
BHPian

Thanks guys.
I have dropped Zen Estillo / WagonR. I have decided to wait few weeks as I am told that Getrz 1.1L will be launched soon. So it will be either Santro XO and Getz 1.1. I am waiting for the specs for Getz 1.1 and the pricing
Old 14th March 2007, 16:25   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
Thanks guys.
I have dropped Zen Estillo / WagonR. I have decided to wait few weeks as I am told that Getrz 1.1L will be launched soon. So it will be either Santro XO and Getz 1.1. I am waiting for the specs for Getz 1.1 and the pricing
Had been to Hyundai Motor Plaza yesterday. The salesman told me that they are going to introduce the face-lifted Getz. Also he said, there will not be a 1.1L version and there may not be many variants, engine capacity wise as the budget did not have the necessay exceise reduction.
Old 15th March 2007, 10:40   #33
BHPian

Had a look at chevrolet.co.in site. There is a page about spark under future cars page. I will add spark to my list. So as of today list is Santro XO/Getz 1.1 (if introduced)/Spark with ABS+Airbags. Was tempted to add Palio 1.1/1.6 but for FIAT!!!
Probable buying date in April end.
Old 18th December 2008, 15:15   #34
BHPian

hi,
Became a happy and proud owner of a zen estillo sports 2 back on monday.

Very happy with it, My comparision with other hatchbacks , i feel zen estillo is better than others.

thats my $0.02 only.
Old 21st December 2008, 07:15   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porus View Post
hi,
Became a happy and proud owner of a zen estillo sports 2 back on monday.

Very happy with it, My comparision with other hatchbacks , i feel zen estillo is better than others.

thats my $0.02 only.
Yes, good choice. There is nothing wrong with estillo. Dont get bogged down by people comments. The tires of Estillo is not wide while comparing to other cars. In city, it offers good driving visibility and handling.

Basically, the pink estillo offended many. So they tend to get irritated when they hear about estillo.
Old 22nd December 2008, 12:31   #36
BHPian

Dear Ritz,
Thank You , End of the day, to each their own personal preference and choice.

One man's food may be another man's poison. One country's freedom fighter could be another country's rebel.

And by the way I bought the RED zen estillo sports. Tires could be changed to 14" instead of the 13" stock, but then that means /translates to lesser fuel efficiency and lesser power. However the stock 13" measured good between 80- 100 kmph in the test drive. for a short distance though.

I would be happy to hear about the zen estillo.

thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
Yes, good choice. There is nothing wrong with estillo. Dont get bogged down by people comments. The tires of Estillo is not wide while comparing to other cars. In city, it offers good driving visibility and handling.

Basically, the pink estillo offended many. So they tend to get irritated when they hear about estillo.
Old 19th February 2009, 13:36   #37
BHPian

Wagon-R is not bad at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel View Post
i was hoping to see some maruti supporters here... are wagonr and estilo that bad???
I drive a 2001 Wagon-R Vxi, 80000 Km, which runs perfectly till date. Only major expenses incurred apart from regular servicing are all four tyre replacement and one rear and one front suspension replacement.

I won't say gear shift is as nice a the other cars (have not driven an Estillo though) but it is not like that as mentioned in this thread. Transmitting to 5th. gear has never been an issue with me. It gives difficulty sometimes when putting in the reverse. The gear throws are longer than the other models compared.

But it has so many pros' which I don't think any of the cars have.
1. EPS - Superb Handling in City traffic especially in tight parking
2. Lot of head, elbow & leg space both in front and rear
3. Superb ride quality both at front and rear seats
4. Very easy to get in get out specially for eldrerly people
5. Big boot space, provided you do not install a parcel tray
6. There are several other interesting storage solutions all across the car
7. Very low on maintenance & parts widely available (Cheers to MUL!)
8. MUL cars are like Ambassadors now. Can be serviced by anyone & everyone & anywhere & everywhere.
9. Vxi model comes with a rear window defogger and fog lamps etc. (Mine being an older model has rear wiper)
10. FE quite good at 14-18 Kmpl (City/Highway)
11. Driven mine at 140 Kmph. Generates vibrations which all other cars discussed will. These cars are not meant for doing 140 Kmph after all.

Santro is not all that great as indicated in this thread. Driving position is not at all comfortable. I inevitably land on the brake while trying to step the gas due to very close placement of the break & accelarator. Ride quality is nothing to write home about. Rear seat and boot are certainly not as great as the Wagon-R. Services are available within city limits but once you are in the wild it will be hard to find one.

This thread was meant more to defend Wagon-R which has been outrightly dismissed for some reasons which might not be of such grave importance in daily driving, overlooking its' several other benefits.

End of the day it hardly matters wheather you buy a Wagon-R or a Santro as long as you are using it for your daily city driving and occassional long drives. With time you will get aquinted to how your ride behaves and nothing will seem odd. Just try to check for the best deals and availability of service in your area and go in for any one of them.

Whatever you drive you should enjoy the ride. Cheers!

Most Viewed