Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which one would you choose?
Tata Altroz 97 51.87%
Maruti Baleno 10 5.35%
Hyundai Elite i20 25 13.37%
Hyundai Grand i10 1 0.53%
Volkswagen Polo 21 11.23%
Ford Figo 24 12.83%
Other (please specify in your post) 7 3.74%
Hyundai Grand i10 Nios 2 1.07%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2021, 00:16   #76
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz vs the competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameer016 View Post
Guys, shortlisted i20 Sportz Diesel and Altroz XZ Diesel.
I had the same requirements. Although Altroz doesn't come with ESC, it's still rated 5 stars. Given my highway usage (same as yours), I gave utmost importance to safety. I haven't driven the i20. But Altroz diesel, with lesser power than i20, is still fun to drive. Also, the stability and manners on highways is commendable. Steering is well weighted at highway speeds. Overall space and storage is good. Boot capacity is just below jazz.

The only thing I feel Altroz shouldn't have missed is the 60:40 split.

I have driven my Altroz XZ Diesel for 14.5k km now. And I don't regret my choice. Take a test drive and try driving ~80 kmph on the highway, you will feel with stability.

Last edited by Benoit : 18th May 2021 at 00:18.
Benoit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 16:07   #77

Altroz vs Nios for senior citizens

Hi Team,
We are looking to replace my 9 year old Grand i10 petrol Asta(0) with 76KMS on odo, which is being used by my parents, who are senior citizens.
This will be driver driven and very rarely be driven by me. After few dilemmas between old vs new cars, decided to get a new car and following are the options
1) Tata Altroz 1.2 Revotron XM version MT
2) Hyundai Nios Sportz MT

For me, Altroz looks to be the choice due to the safety and space.
But i am still skeptical about the engine and Tata overall experience.
My mom feels that the rear sear thigh support is not that great and seat feels smaller.
So she likes and prefers Nios, even though its smaller. While i am happy with Nios engine, fit & finish and overall Hyundai experience. I feel Altroz will give them a better travel experience.
Am i right to feel this way or Nios is also a good choice here?

Few more points to note
1) Car will be sparingly used, will be mix of Highway and City drivers, which will be driven by a very trustworthy, known driver.
2) We are very happy with the way 9 year Grand i10 shape, have had bad experiences with Tata cars before and havenot really seen any improvement in couple of used Altroz that we saw in Spinny and Cars24.
3) I will be exchanging my Grand i10, which may or may not be an advantage for Hyundai purchase.
4) Altroz XM works out almost cheaper than Nios Sportz trim.

Please help me with your thoughts, thanks .
Old 30th September 2023, 11:21   #78

Re: Altroz vs Nios for senior citizens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chennai14 View Post
Hi Team,
We are looking to replace my 9 year old Grand i10 petrol Asta(0) with 76KMS on odo, which is being used by my parents, who are senior citizens.
This will be driver driven and very rarely be driven by me. After few dilemmas between old vs new cars, decided to get a new car and following are the options
1) Tata Altroz 1.2 Revotron XM version MT
2) Hyundai Nios Sportz MT

For me, Altroz looks to be the choice due to the safety and space.
But i am still skeptical about the engine and Tata overall experience.
My mom feels that the rear sear thigh support is not that great and seat feels smaller.
So she likes and prefers Nios, even though its smaller. While i am happy with Nios engine, fit & finish and overall Hyundai experience. I feel Altroz will give them a better travel experience.
Am i right to feel this way or Nios is also a good choice here?

Few more points to note
1) Car will be sparingly used, will be mix of Highway and City drivers, which will be driven by a very trustworthy, known driver.
2) We are very happy with the way 9 year Grand i10 shape, have had bad experiences with Tata cars before and havenot really seen any improvement in couple of used Altroz that we saw in Spinny and Cars24.
3) I will be exchanging my Grand i10, which may or may not be an advantage for Hyundai purchase.
4) Altroz XM works out almost cheaper than Nios Sportz trim.

Please help me with your thoughts, thanks .
Happy to update that we have booked new i20 Sportz variant
Yes, thats how life works. We were almost finalizing Altroz , but parents wanted to stick to Hyundai, then came a question "why not new i20?", finally decided to book Magna variant , but ended up in Sportz in Amazon Gray color.
Now the wait game starts.
Chennai14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 19:30   #79
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz vs the competition

In current market scenario, Maruti Ignis makes itself a special case. It is hidden gem from Maruti and whoever buys never regrets for sure.

In current costly market, Ignis Manual Zeta version comes around 7.25 Lakhs only, which is a tremendous value for money and it offers lots of features in that price.

Advantages Ignis:

1. 1.2 Liter K series engine is a gem. It's the best in the market.
2. Best average, superior engine compared to other manufacturer's. Proper 4 cylinder engine with great NVH.
3. Good ground clearance - 180 mm is more than sufficient in most of the cases.
4. Good features for the price you pay. Zeta variant has true Keyless entry (You get 2 remote keys), Sporty Black Alloy wheels, Spoiler, Functional Roof rails, Infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple Car play, Steering mounted controls, Electrically operated mirrors, fog lamps, rear wiper too with washer & few more. Nobody is offering all these features at this price (Currently good discounts are going on)
5. Funky SUV type styling, I quite like it. Front is very attractive.
6. Not very common on roads, so you get uniqueness for sure. It don't carry budget car badge for sure like Alto, Wagon R, Celerio, Tiago, etc. Also it's not used for cab, so image is better.
7. Suspension is little stiff but not bad at all. On the flip side, it has great ride on highways, very tight handling. One can actually enjoy it.
8. Good space inside. One will get surprised seeing space it offers inside. Boot space is also good at 260 Lit with small bit lamp.

Overall its a great package from Maruti. People who are thinking of buying small car, I suggest to have a one look for sure.

Last edited by aniketi : 6th December 2023 at 19:33.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks