Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2007, 14:25   #46
BHPian

dippy i just dnt want to take a chance.
i just dnt want to go to kolkata ( 10 hour jounrney ) and come back disappointed.
i would i suppose settel for a ikon flair or a swift diesel !
Old 14th March 2007, 14:28   #47
Senior - BHPian

How much is the Flair retailing for out there ? Out of the two I think you are better of with the Swift only thing is that the Ikon is a three box sedan
Old 14th March 2007, 14:39   #48
BHPian

ikon flair would cost 5,33,721 on road.do you have any idea dippy what are the standard accessories with it ?? ( alloys / spoilers and all).
Old 14th March 2007, 15:30   #49
BHPian

twist in the story again going to the ford show room, ikon flair on raod 533k + 35 k for all goodie alloy+spoiler+anti-theft+sideskirts+10k mp3 player
what say guys ?? i think i should start a new thread Swift vdi or ikon flair
Old 14th March 2007, 15:42   #50
Senior - BHPian

I have edited the title of your current thread KD. You can continue the discussion here itself
Old 14th March 2007, 15:47   #51
Senior - BHPian

You seemed to be very very confused. how can you change perceptions within minutes ?
Old 14th March 2007, 15:49   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
twist in the story again going to the ford show room, ikon flair on raod 533k + 35 k for all goodie alloy+spoiler+anti-theft+sideskirts+10k mp3 player
what say guys ?? i think i should start a new thread Swift vdi or ikon flair
Well now its all about your requirements as both cars are in the same price range. You need a bigger boot or not ? How much fuel expenses appx per month and avg. travel per month. If travel is more then 2.5K go for swift otherwise Flair will do a good job but its a bit underpowered like fiesta..
Old 14th March 2007, 15:59   #53
BHPian

thanks dippy

Now guys please suggest since i dnt like the looks of a swift , but i like its engine and the maruti tag would assure me of resale vale and service.plus good mileage and its a diesel car.but it has very poor interiors and it comes with absolutely no extras.even the vdi doesnt come with alloys ( strange).

The new option that just dropped here is the new ford ikon flair.its a car with a boot it has great interiors put i felt the ride was stiff and may be i felt little cramped up ..but i love the new blue colour and the biggest plus is i like the look of the new flair. if i put in another 35k i get alloys+leather seats+side skirts+car cover + central loking+ 10K MP3 PLAYER !+ a rear spoiler. man that a very mouth watern prospect ..coz in my swift i would have alloys + leather seats + music systen atleast whould would cost me atleast another 50k !!
so the swift would end up being 5,60,000+50,000=6,10,000
and the ikon with all these goodies would be about 5,67000!

my monthly usage should not exced 600kms coz it would be driven mostly by my sister as i am working at mumbai. when i come over in a every 2 months i drive about 1000 kms in a week.so my annual usage should be about 15000 kms maximum.
i has always read that if you usage less better go petrol.

frankly only thing pulling me towards swift-d is
1.maruti
2.service
3.we hav been using maruti since last 20 years (1st 800 then esteem)
and we never had any proble.
4.ofcourse better modern diesel engine and mileage.

against swift-- LOOKS !( i dnt like hatch backs-except palit-GTX)& i feel it 50000 more than what it should be.

for IKON-
1.sedan
2.all those goodies
3.the price
4.i like its look,and drive was good ( though it was stiff )

against-
1.dont know about ford service and their cars

so please all you ikon users and pundits please help me and end my misery !!

(special thanks to dippy for all the help-drink on me buddy when i book the car ! c ya at mumbai)
Old 14th March 2007, 16:02   #54
BHPian

@ esteem lover actually my problem is that i hate the way swift look but i cant deny that its a very good car. i dnt have enough alternatives coz i dnt have enough money.
am just trying to convince my self to buy another car.

this the 1st car am buyn with my money bro..so its that bit special.
Old 14th March 2007, 16:13   #55
BHPian

Ford is one company I will not trust with my money! We have an incident of Ford's high-handed behavior when the dealer messed up a Fiesta and Ford India is doing nothing about it. I once had the chance to drive the old flair and to be honest I did not like it. Its too stiff and for a car which was driven less than 1000kms it was crap. Another reason why I will stay away from the Ikon would be because its too dated. I remember that the first Ikon came out when I was in school (1995-96) and had the punchline 'Achtung Baby'. I don't think Ford has changed anything major since its first introduction. So you have the Swift to go with unless you can stretch your budget a little more and 'Reclaim' you life ;-)

Guys don't spank me for bringing in another product here but hey, 'Yeh Dil Maange More....'
Old 14th March 2007, 16:15   #56
BHPian

Before buying ford please refer to some ford owners for service/maintenance cost.
Old 14th March 2007, 16:22   #57
BHPian

Ignore the part of getting the Safari from my last post. I go carried away. Did not realize that you cannot stretch your budget. I would suggest you go for the Swift. Maruti has been with you for 20 years and since you have had no problems, Maruti should be it. I would strongly recommend going against Ford's cars and my experiences with the Ikon (about 150kms driven) have been bad, so I would obviously advice against it.
Old 14th March 2007, 16:44   #58
Senior - BHPian

I have driven the Flair and i dont know if you are getting the beige interior one but the stock grey facia was just plain dull. This one was when me and the same friend who wanted an OHC went to look for alternatives (remember he couldnt wait). Drove the 1.6 SXi and then he went for it.

But seriously with your running I dont think diesel is the way. Why havent you considered the Swift Vxi? I feel the equipment levels in it are higher than the Vdi if I'm not wrong that is.
Old 14th March 2007, 16:45   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma devil
(special thanks to dippy for all the help-drink on me buddy when i book the car ! c ya at mumbai)
I dont drink. Now what?
Old 14th March 2007, 17:07   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I remember that the first Ikon came out when I was in school (1995-96) and had the punchline 'Achtung Baby'.
Please get your facts right. The Ikon was launched in India in 2000 not 95-96. And it has had a major engine change too. it is not at all a bad car, only the Ford A.S.S is likely to be a dampner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I dont drink. Now what?
Hey, dippy, he said a drink, not a beer, you can have a punch while he has a drink.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks