Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2007, 17:10   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I remember that the first Ikon came out when I was in school (1995-96) and had the punchline 'Achtung Baby'. I don't think Ford has changed anything major since its first introduction.

LOL!!! the ford ikon never had achtung baby. it had josh machine. Achtung baby was for the Opel corsa. Are you talking of the corsa or the ikon now??

hows about a lancer?
Old 14th March 2007, 17:33   #62

Since your running isn't all that much to absolutely warrant a diesel why dont you consider the Swift Zxi which comes with all the goodies for about 5.8L on road.
Old 14th March 2007, 17:43   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Hey, dippy, he said a drink, not a beer, you can have a punch while he has a drink.
Things getting better. Tough love eh, Dippy?
Old 14th March 2007, 17:45   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
LOL!!! the ford ikon never had achtung baby. it had josh machine. Achtung baby was for the Opel corsa. Are you talking of the corsa or the ikon now??

hows about a lancer?
I think he is talking about the Opel Astra which was launched in 96

Yeah, why not a lancer ?
you could get a relatively new used lancer within 5 Lakhs

Last edited by esteem_lover : 14th March 2007 at 17:47.
Old 14th March 2007, 18:16   #65
BHPian

I think you should go for swift... Ikon feels a bit outdated...
u may consider Swift ZXI also...
Old 14th March 2007, 19:28   #66
BHPian

@higautham,abinesh, @dippy dudes vdi is 5.6 and zxi is 5.8 i think if i go for a swift i would diesel vdi because i dnt like the zxi alloys and not even the rubber ..and i dnt find the climate control that amusing.
so atleast i have decided if swift then diesel vdi ..am begging you guys do not make me think about it again.

@esteem_lover at mu tometown i havnt found any good ones..i am new at mumbai just a year soi just cant trust any second hand dealers there,am scared!

@dipppy am getting the beige interiors + leather ..i should say the interiors are better than any car i have seen.just hav a look dippy-

ford are offering such mouth watering goodies..but guys do check out the new flair jean blue..looks awesome with the alloys and spoiler.good quality leather seats and great interiors..the swift interiors are same ,maruti 800 kinda plastic...maruti should do something !
Old 14th March 2007, 19:31   #67
BHPian

I was probably drunk while posting

Raat ki utri nahin

Ignore everything other than the fact that when I drove the Ikon it was bad.
Old 14th March 2007, 20:10   #68
BHPian

My vote goes for the IKON. I agree the new Josh machine looks awesome.
I dont like the looks of the Swift too. But thats me. And I dont think Swift would have been where it is today if it were a product of any other manufacturer in India (Just my thought. No offence meant to swift owners). Just that it is a Maruti product.
If you are going to have your car for around 5 years - I'd say dont worry about the resale.
The IKON spares are a lot cheaper now.
The Ford Service in Chennai is good. Atleast I haven't had any problems.
But you may want to get feedback regarding Ford Service in your state from some existing owners.
Old 14th March 2007, 21:17   #69
BHPian

@ fancyplayer i talkd with a guy who was at the ford service getting his car serviced his cars done 3000 in 2 months not a single penny spent !

he says the brakes gets sme time to get used and if you dnt drive above 100km/hr regularly it should be the car ..but if you are street race kind then its no no because the car seems to "float" when braked above 120km/hr.

am no street racer i do drive fast ..but only sometimes..
i have my karizma to satisfy me..( see my avtar )
Old 14th March 2007, 22:17   #70
Senior - BHPian

The interiors look good. Better than the bland black which I have seen. Your Ikon thingy seems agood deal. You can actually go for it if you are getting these interiors and the other goodies mentioned at a nice price
Old 14th March 2007, 22:31   #71
BHPian

i have fixed a 10.30 time with the ford guys tommorow they said the car i drove today had some suspension problems..so they would give me a new demo car to drive.
Old 15th March 2007, 10:11   #72
BHPian

your usage is around 600kms ( except when you are @ home ) so petrol car is a better option. Good AC is also imp factor if its going to be in Bhub. Although if Swift Vxi seems best but you are off with its looks so ikon for you.
Old 15th March 2007, 10:43   #73
Team-BHP Support

@karizma-devil :

If u have the Ikon Flair under consideration, it would serve u well to go through the following link :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ip-report.html

That's Sammyboy's long term report, and i have also pithced in at times.
Mine is an Oct 2006 Ikon Flair, and have done 6300+kms to date.

Costs incurred so far on maintenance and service : Rs. 0/-
Car has completed a trip from Bangalore to Kerala and back, not to forget the running up and down the length of Kerala.

Rear seat space is worth mentioning, although i mourn the lack of a remote boot opening lever and seat height adjustments.

My car has been maintained all-stock. Do visit my gallery for some pics.
U do get the new beige interiors, which is a welcome change, although how long they stay clean, one cannot say. Please let me know if you require any further details.

Handling and steering precision have been talked about for ages now, so I neednt dwell on those again.
Old 15th March 2007, 13:04   #74
BHPian

@benbsb

hi buddy hows the a/c of you car ??
i mean here it gets about 46-47 in summers ...so how effective is the cooling because the swifts a/c is really strong!
Old 15th March 2007, 13:17   #75
Team-BHP Support

@K_D : The A/C is quite good, but then again i havemt really had any major need to have the car cool from furnace-like scenarios. I usually have the blower speed in positions 1 or 2, as usually its only my wife n me in the car. Car sports Llumar tints, and i also have the windscreen sunshade on when parked in the sun. I employ the use of 2 sunshades (the sticking variety) when the sunlight shines right into the car.
Pic with front sunshade provided here :

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks